Home

Franchise moders unite!

This is a discussion on Franchise moders unite! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Franchise moders unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub71323
And why take out the Fantasy Draft? I love the real-time physics implementation but I feel like they rushed the connected careers out and is thus killing other modes. All they had to do was delay Connected Careers to work all the kinks out of it to get it fully ready.

People would have been ecstatic if they only put the physics in this years game.

Fantasy drafting was enjoyable for me because I could put a number of my favorite players on the same team instead of having to trade override and make things unfair
I wouldn't say they rushed this out - I believe this has been the exclusive work of two years now if I remember right. I also don't think it's fair to say they're killing other modes, when CC is just all three modes rolled into one.

It may not have a couple of the previously available features (like fantasy draft) but everything being one mode allows the development team to add updates to the whole game now. They don't have to sit there and think about "Which mode should we work on now, and which one should we neglect?" Instead, any additions they add are immediately available to everyone.

I would bet on seeing Fantasy Draft back within a year or so.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #50
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I know everyone has their little things they like such as 32 team control or the fantasy draft (which I love BTW).

But you know....the backlash that is starting already....it really is too early.

PLAY THE GAME.

Then form your true opinions.

I am so pumped for this years game now. We are getting a fresh game. Not Madden 12 with RTP. If that what would have made it fine for you...well I think your in a minority.

I think franchise die hards like myself who have been playing sports games for over 25 years can appreciate this direction.

It looks fresh, exciting, new, and game changing if it all works.

That has me giddy.

Not a roster update with RTP.

Instead we are getting an NFL universe in Connected Careers, with a living breathing league!!!! Twitter blogs! Story lines! The ability to change your career mid stream into anything you want, player, coach or legend while it all still goes for 30 seasons!

Come on people. This is great stuff. This is what I call unlimited replayabilty.

And of course the infinity engine. I hope it works really well. Because gameplay is the most improtant thing for me. I am excited they have finally taken the gloves off, rolled up their sleeves and are trying to really give us a brand new Madden football experience.

It was long overdue!

In Looman I trust.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 06-05-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #51
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
This is a dealbreaker for me, at least for a first day buy. I control all 32 teams, not to edit players or make sure stats are realistic, but I do it because I like the variety of owning every team. I play every single game. I make all the signings, cuts, trades, draft picks, etc. This is how I have fun. Competing against myself. Trying to make the bad teams good while keeping the great teams great. I've been doing this since 04. Now, after almost a decade, I can't do this?

And let's just say that I can, but I have to be a specific coach. That just seems like a pain in the *** to change a coach. I have to retire that coach and become a new one? It just plain sucks. I've been told I'm the minority on this site before, and I'm sure I'll be told that again. And I also was looking forward to all the cool additions, but that's what makes it sting even more. The fact that I can't enjoy these features the way I have for so long. Looman hasn't given me much to put faith in him. I was afraid this was going to happen when they were talking about trying to make franchise mode like Head Coach 09.

It sucks for you. I don't toss aside yours and other 32 team control guys. But the game is moving in another direction.

Ch ch ch changes.

It happens. You either roll with it and find a new way to really enjoy the game or you will just not play it.

The real crappy thing is the lack of choice for players like yourself who have this issue. That is the bummer. But it really is out of your control.

On the bright side.....the game looks to be the best playing Madden in a long time, is a fresh approach to franchise mode and IMO you should give it a real shot, and see if the AI can be competent. See if you can focus on your team, your player, your career and let the league evolve and change around you.

For me that is what I have always wanted. I really don't want to micro manage every aspect. I want to manage my team....and play ball.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 06-05-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
This is a dealbreaker for me, at least for a first day buy. I control all 32 teams, not to edit players or make sure stats are realistic, but I do it because I like the variety of owning every team. I play every single game. I make all the signings, cuts, trades, draft picks, etc. This is how I have fun. Competing against myself. Trying to make the bad teams good while keeping the great teams great. I've been doing this since 04. Now, after almost a decade, I can't do this?

And let's just say that I can, but I have to be a specific coach. That just seems like a pain in the *** to change a coach. I have to retire that coach and become a new one? It just plain sucks. I've been told I'm the minority on this site before, and I'm sure I'll be told that again. And I also was looking forward to all the cool additions, but that's what makes it sting even more. The fact that I can't enjoy these features the way I have for so long. Looman hasn't given me much to put faith in him. I was afraid this was going to happen when they were talking about trying to make franchise mode like Head Coach 09.
I understand 100% what you mean, BUT.... As I mentioned before, they did say they've spent 2 full years creating/tuning this.... why not give the AI a chance to see if it works properly? With mentality, philosophies, new attributes.... maybe the CPU AI will be much smarter as to who to draft and such...

As far as real life injuries... Personally, this has never been my thing... real life is real life, if I wanted everything to play out exactly like in real life, I'd just watch the NFL, but that's just me I like my franchise to play out on it's own alternate universe.

Bottomline, give it chance before calling it a dealbreaker.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #53
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

It's weird. I just don't like the idea of competing against the CPU, at least as far as team management goes. I want to make the trades I think make sense. I know there's nothing I can do about, except for express my discontent enough on here that the developers see it. Whether they decide to do something about it next year or not, again, that's their choice. Think about your favorite thing about Madden that accents the gameplay (meaning anything but gameplay) and imagine if they took that feature out. It's a crushing, defeating feeling because Madden is something I look forward to every year. I love the game of football and I'll buy these titles when they're much cheaper down the road, but as far as a first day buy, I'm speaking with my wallet. I just won't buy it.

Edit: Also, I don't have a favorite team. I follow all teams, so it's just weird to me to control one team.

Last edited by Lexicon; 06-05-2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Added content
Old 06-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 2

I'm a true gamer my issue is that giving the cpu full control you'll see certain players on misplaced teams via trades or signing. To me anything other then the current roster for each week of the nfl schedule is fantasy to me .
Old 06-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #55
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I know everyone has their little things they like such as 32 team control or the fantasy draft (which I love BTW).

But you know....the backlash that is starting already....it really is too early.

PLAY THE GAME.

Then form your true opinions.

I am so pumped for this years game now. We are getting a fresh game. Not Madden 12 with RTP. If that what would have made it fine for you...well I think your in a minority.

I think franchise die hards like myself who have been playing sports games for over 25 years can appreciate this direction.

It looks fresh, exciting, new, and game changing if it all works.

That has be giddy.

Not a roster update with RTP.

Instead we are getting an NFL universe in Connected Careers, with a living breathing league!!!! Twitter blogs! Story lines! The ability to change your career mid stream into anything you want, player, coach or legend while it all still goes for 30 seasons!

Come on people. This is great stuff. This is what I call unlimited replayabilty.

And of course the infinity engine. I hope it works really well. Because gameplay is the most improtant thing for me. I am excited they have finally taken the gloves off, rolled up their sleeves and are trying to really give us a brand new Madden football experience.

It was long overdue!

In Looman I trust.
I dont need to play the game if 32 team franchise is gone. 32 team franchise has been the way I've played the game over a decade. Its the way I play every sports game I own. Why would I purchase a game that is missing a key feature that I need in every game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #56
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
It sucks for you. I don't toss aside yours and other 32 team control guys. But the game is moving in another direction.

Ch ch ch changes.

It happens. You either roll with it and find a new way to really enjoy the game or you will just not play it.

The real crappy thing is the lack of choice for players like yourself who have this issue. That is the bummer. But it really is out of your control.

On the bright side.....the game looks to be the best playing Madden is a long time, is a fresh approach to franchise mode and IMO you should give it a real shot, and see if the AI can be competent. See if you can focus on your team, your player, your career and let the league evolve and change around you.

For me that is what I have always wanted. I really don't want to micro manage every aspect. I want to manage my team....and play ball.
Thats great for most people. Sucks for us. The removal of features is NEVER ok. EA can sell this all they want as "change" but what they did was remove a key feature and alienate a small but vocal minority of players.

I'll buy NCAA (which allows this sort of control) for my football fix unless a workaround is found.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »