Home

Madden NFL 13 Infinity Engine Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Infinity Engine Hands-On Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #33
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 13 Infinity Engine Hands-On Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Exactly...I haven't experienced the Infinity Engine. Take what I say with a grain of salt.

That said, it's more than just physics that play into the lack of PI. It has to be AI/logic involved too. The AI has to recognize that they're out of position on a certain play, and/or have logic that tells them to make contact before the ball gets there. I don't think we're there yet.

I can be proven wrong, but I'd be highly surprised if PI's trigger without user intervention.
This where we disagree because I don't think that logic as existed in any football game but that it was just a matter of how sensitive the system was for calling DPI. Meaning, I always pictured the DPI slider controlling how much contact could be made with the intended receiver prior to them touching the ball. So on say like 50 more incidental contact would be allowed opposed to 100 causing DPI to be called for the slightest contact.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #34
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
I always called EA out when they are bad, but I'm willing to ride with them and the new dev's on this new infinity Engine. I can't wait to try it out. Madden has me pumped to play this year
Old 06-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Much like FIFA, EA creates a great engine that is developed around contact (heavily) and collisions - and then forget to implement fouls (soccer and football fouls) as a result.

Would it be so hard to tweak this one little thing - that should make a HUGE difference as far as realism is concerned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Does NCAA 13 demo coming out today maybe signify that Madden's will come out a lot earlier?
I would say 98% chance that it wont

ncaa came out now to minimize the backlash from not getting RTP.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #37
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
This where we disagree because I don't think that logic as existed in any football game but that it was just a matter of how sensitive the system was for calling DPI. Meaning, I always pictured the DPI slider controlling how much contact could be made with the intended receiver prior to them touching the ball. So on say like 50 more incidental contact would be allowed opposed to 100 causing DPI to be called for the slightest contact.
Understood. I need to go back to 2K5/APF and see how they accomplished PI. But if I remember correctly, in 2K5 the defender would lunge/tackle before the ball got there -- thus drawing the flag. I don't think that logic is in Madden, and that's where I'm coming from.

I don't want to derail a preview thread talking about it though.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:59 PM   #38
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjciv
Already posted in the sticky thread at the top.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #39
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

Man, I hope this captures the emotion of the players during the game..when I get a tackle for loss, I want to see guys getting hype..I just want the emotion of the players to be there.
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 06-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #40
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

I am having a blast with this NCAA demo. Since most of the things that make me happy in this demo are in Madden.....the excitement increased tenfold. It would've been a boring game if things like WR-DB interaction was corny or the pass trajectory was broken, but since those fears are relinquished.....boy I can't wait....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »