Home

I dont want madden 13 to be like ncaa 13

This is a discussion on I dont want madden 13 to be like ncaa 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #9
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: I dont want madden 13 to be like ncaa 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I agree RGiles I thought the NCAA demo was actually fantastic...

1. Passing game felt exactly like it should
2. Catching animations were great
3. I thought locomotion was tuned very well. (Players felt like they had weight)
4. Run blocking seems much improved. Especially when it come to pulling offensive lineman. This was worlds better!
5. Spin move and juke move work much better
6. DB's play exactly like they should in man coverage.
7. Didnt see any super human LB's at all. Not one!
8. This is a minor thing but I always hated it in previous versions of Madden and NCCA. Pre-snap the DB's will now jog out and line up appropriately. They used to strafe out of the huddle and that always bothered me for some reason. HAHA
9. The OL/DL play definitely needs an overhaul but I think they tuned it pretty well. The DE's have a bigger impact on the game IMO.

I am really hoping Madden plays just like NCAA but with that awesome physics engine on top. I believe it will when it ships. However, the E3 videos put out so far have not impressed me. The game is moving so fast and everyone looks like they are floating. The animations and even pass speed seem ridculously sped up. I am PRAYING they tune this before release. This would ruin the game for me.
On the Madden news website, they said the physics engine would be tuned up to ship date.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #10
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

After playing the NCAA demo I was very pleased and not upset anymore about NCAA not implementing the infinty engine.

The game played very nicely and the players moved very well. The game was very smooth. My only gripe and its not a gripe its a preference. I just need it to move faster. I love fast

I will be a very happy gamer this year. All sports titles look very promisng. I just want to see NBA live 13's gameplay in motion.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 06-06-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I didn't like the NCAA demo. Felt exactly like Madden 12 barring a few things. No sense of a pass rush from my A.I players. I went up and down the field on my first and only time playing the demo. Won 25-0 and they made me throw an INT at the end JUST because. I had a WR that had 3 steps on the DB. I threw the pass up and over and the ball ends up short so the DB can intercept it. Felt exactly like Madden 12 polished up a bit in some areas. And just like Madden 12, I did not feel like playing it anymore. I said when the info was released on NCAA that I would not be getting it this year and based on what I played yesterday, I'm still not getting it.

The more I see from the Madden videos, the physics help in making the game look a lot better with respect to the collisions and tackling; no clipping and WR vs CB play. I have time to see more, but I'm going to start trusting my predictive powers. See, I have been fooled by too many women to not trust my own predictive intuition. When they show you who they are at the beginning BELIEVE it. And if you are not paying attention that is on you.

I was excited about the Infinity Engine announcement and I'm still excited about that. I'm not going to expect too much from this game though just because it has that engine in it. I'm going to get it because it is the only NFL Licensed game with that type of engine in it and because this will be the last time I'll get a chance to play with Ray Lewis on a current Ravens roster. I think the WR/CB play will be improved and the tackling should be a breath of fresh air. Outside of these things, I still see too much that reminds me of the past.

I will retract once I play the game and if things are not what they appear to be in these videos. Just from the videos, overload blitzes are not going to work. Front four pass rush is no better than it has been in the past. The front four pass rush in Madden looks just like NCAA 13, which I think is bad. QB has a lot of time against it. No pocket setting up. Looks like blitzing to get that guy free on the edge is going to be the only way guys like D Ware, Suggs, J Allen ect., will be significant in the game. No edge setting against the run. The OLB or DE just breaks the block of the TE who does not stay on the hip. Anyway, just because the game has the Infinity Engine, does not mean our expectations should shoot through the roof. Based on what I'm seeing, some of that old stuff is still very alive. Expectations in many areas have come way down for me.

I'll enjoy it for what it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I didn't like the NCAA demo. Felt exactly like Madden 12 barring a few things. No sense of a pass rush from my A.I players. I went up and down the field on my first and only time playing the demo. Won 25-0 and they made me throw an INT at the end JUST because. I had a WR that had 3 steps on the DB. I threw the pass up and over and the ball ends up short so the DB can intercept it. Felt exactly like Madden 12 polished up a bit in some areas. And just like Madden 12, I did not feel like playing it anymore. I said when the info was released on NCAA that I would not be getting it this year and based on what I played yesterday, I'm still not getting it.

The more I see from the Madden videos, the physics help in making the game look a lot better with respect to the collisions and tackling; no clipping and WR vs CB play. I have time to see more, but I'm going to start trusting my predictive powers. See, I have been fooled by too many women to not trust my own predictive intuition. When they show you who they are at the beginning BELIEVE it. And if you are not paying attention that is on you.

I was excited about the Infinity Engine announcement and I'm still excited about that. I'm not going to expect too much from this game though just because it has that engine in it. I'm going to get it because it is the only NFL Licensed game with that type of engine in it and because this will be the last time I'll get a chance to play with Ray Lewis on a current Ravens roster. I think the WR/CB play will be improved and the tackling should be a breath of fresh air. Outside of these things, I still see too much that reminds me of the past.

I will retract once I play the game and if things are not what they appear to be in these videos. Just from the videos, overload blitzes are not going to work. Front four pass rush is no better than it has been in the past. The front four pass rush in Madden looks just like NCAA 13, which I think is bad. QB has a lot of time against it. No pocket setting up. Looks like blitzing to get that guy free on the edge is going to be the only way guys like D Ware, Suggs, J Allen ect., will be significant in the game. No edge setting against the run. The OLB or DE just breaks the block of the TE who does not stay on the hip. Anyway, just because the game has the Infinity Engine, does not mean our expectations should shoot through the roof. Based on what I'm seeing, some of that old stuff is still very alive. Expectations in many areas have come way down for me.

I'll enjoy it for what it is.
I think the passing game, WR catching and man coverage is much better in the NCAA demo then previous years. Also, I think the locomotion and overall flow of the game has been greatly enhanced. LBZ, your main area of focus is OL/DL and rightfully so. I do not think you will be truly happy with this game until that area is completely overhauled. I believe next year is going to be your year!

With that said, I think they really did a great job in the NCAA demo of pulling blockers making the correct blocks downfield. I have really been able to follow my oline downfield!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/58912/mad...mo/?quality=hd
If the game speed is the same as this when the game ships...im going to be happy
Old 06-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I think the passing game, WR catching and man coverage is much better in the NCAA demo then previous years. Also, I think the locomotion and overall flow of the game has been greatly enhanced. LBZ, your main area of focus is OL/DL and rightfully so. I do not think you will be truly happy with this game until that area is completely overhauled. I believe next year is going to be your year!

With that said, I think they really did a great job in the NCAA demo of pulling blockers making the correct blocks downfield. I have really been able to follow my oline downfield!
Don't get me wrong, I think NCAA did a lot of good things like press coverage vs cluster sets (bunch). You only are going to press one guy in that cluster and the other guys get a free release. I think that's realistic. I definitely think the passing game is better than previous years. My main area is defense. I think their secondary play will be pretty good although I'm still not seeing technique by DB's. It's the front seven though, as you say is my main area. It's more than this though. I'm still not a fan of how we call plays on defense. I also would like to know more about line stunts. Crashing the line left and right ect. I might play the NCAA demo again today and see what I can get out of it using two controllers and controlling both teams. Graphically the games are pretty. I'm just taking my expectations down because after seeing all this I know the games are not going to live up to them.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #15
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'm just taking my expectations down because after seeing all this I know the games are not going to live up to them.
Honestly, I never expected the line play to improve dramatically. I have hopes for next year, with this Infinity engine, and some improvements there. But I knew, going into this year, that the focus wasn't going to be there. IMO, it's serviceable, but not great.

Like I said in the NCAA impressions thread, nothing wow'd me, but nothing made me cry "BS." Last year, the "BS" stuff is what kept me from really enjoying the game. Yeah, DEs were pitiful and look better but not substantially improved. But it's still a game I'm going to enjoy.

How does this apply to Madden? For as much as I'll enjoy NCAA 13, it'll get traded in immediately for Madden. And with Connected Careers and the Infinity engine, I'll enjoy Madden that much more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Honestly, I never expected the line play to improve dramatically. I have hopes for next year, with this Infinity engine, and some improvements there. But I knew, going into this year, that the focus wasn't going to be there. IMO, it's serviceable, but not great.

Like I said in the NCAA impressions thread, nothing wow'd me, but nothing made me cry "BS." Last year, the "BS" stuff is what kept me from really enjoying the game. Yeah, DEs were pitiful and look better but not substantially improved. But it's still a game I'm going to enjoy.

How does this apply to Madden? For as much as I'll enjoy NCAA 13, it'll get traded in immediately for Madden. And with Connected Careers and the Infinity engine, I'll enjoy Madden that much more.
I knew it wasn't going to be overhauled. I just thought in tuning it, it would be better than what I have seen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »