Home

How many of you will play as players?

This is a discussion on How many of you will play as players? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will you play as a Player in CC?
Yes 54 42.19%
No 43 33.59%
Maybe 31 24.22%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: How many of you will play as players?

I probably will play as Barry Sanders since I'm a lions fan. But I'm definitely excited about the new features for 13 in general.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

I really enjoy playing as a middle linebacker in Madden 12. MLB is easily the most enjoyable position to play on defense, even though I play cornerback in real life lol. I do not know if I will do that for Madden 13 though since I will have to play from the offensive camera angle, which makes things a lot more difficult and a lot less immersive.

Might play as Andrew Luck though.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #35
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

I've never used superstar mode and have no interest in CC player mode. I hope it works like it's supposed to for everyone though....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I'd at least try it a few times and probably keep a file or two where I just play a player and that's it.

If it's engaging as RttS, it might be the main mode I play as RttS was the main mode I played in 09 The Show.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #37
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I'd at least try it a few times and probably keep a file or two where I just play a player and that's it.

If it's engaging as RttS, it might be the main mode I play as RttS was the main mode I played in 09 The Show.
Yeah, I'll likely give it a try and see if it's on the level of RTTS and NBA 2K's MyPlayer (although that has some wonky AI issues, but still, the immersion with the press conferences and such is good). Should be a nice change of pace, and could help me get through the mode quicker, as I'd assume the other side of the ball gets simmed.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 06-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #38
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I plan on giving being a player a try IF in all HUM v HUM games, the Users have to control everything else like playcalling but are player locked on the field.

So from what I understand, when playing as a player, during games, the User still controls off field decisions but they only participate on the field when their controlled players is out there. When me and my fiends run a CCM, we will each have a second Xbox Live account and take control of a player on each others CPU opponent. That way we can effect the game and be a part of it without totally overriding that teams personality.

Even if it doesn't work that way, I am still going to give this mode a try. lol
Old 06-07-2012, 07:14 AM   #39
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

After CC was revealed I've been thinking what I want to do first when I get M13 and I think I've found out!

I've "only" been watching football for about 10 years and followed the NFL very close for about 7-8 years. NFL wasn't a big thing in Europe (Denmark) back then, but now we have 4 live games each weekend!

When I started I didn't have a favourite team. But I absolutely fell in love with the San Diego Chargers... mainly because of their defense led by Shawne Merriman. Since then Merriman first got convicted of using 'roids, then got badly injured and finally released.

Early reports from Buffalo says his getting back to the form he was in when he entered the league. He is in his contract year in Buffalo so he'll have to have some kinda of a productive year if he want a new contract anywhere.

So I think I'll play my first CC as Shawne Merriman and guide him through the rest of his career. Maybe even go back to the Chargers if they want me and try to win a SB with them
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 06-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #40
MVP

AussieChiefsFan's Arena

OVR: 31

It looks like Superstar mode and I loved it last year but my game kept freezing so I had to give it up. I dont see the harm in having a career as a player AND a coach.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »