Home

Teams getting the shaft detail wise.

This is a discussion on Teams getting the shaft detail wise. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11
Teams getting the shaft detail wise.

First I want to say, this game is going to be great and I look forward to getting it as the majority of this forums does. The new game play looks pretty awesome imo.

The problem I see so far that continues to plague from season to season is that EA has stepped up it's presentation which is great, but let's go a little further. It seems most teams are getting the shaft in terms of player models. Fred Jackson had an AMAZING year, Fitzpatrick started off strong and got ALOT of face time on television rocking the beard for 3 years already, and Stevie Johnson was very popular last season and was all over the place. Please explain to me WHY EA chooses to keep rehashing the same cyber faces over and over again and pretty much picks and chooses who they want to update?

I also noticed the charging buffalo at midfield has way too much of a stroke on the logo and it stands out pretty bad. I am sure I will be called out for these things, but i'm sure you all want your teams represented well too so I make this thread in peace to discuss, not to have a war.

Let's hope they plan to update this, because it's not a deal breaker for me, but it certainly takes some wind out of the sails when looking forward to using my favorite team which is Buffalo and I see the same faces I have seen for the past few years knowing that they could update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
Rookie

yanek27's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Teams getting the shaft detail wise.

Tennessee's LP Field is worse. The wrong endzone art altogether and its been messed up since 2004. How hard is it to get the real endzone art? I'm sure its the same crap this season as well.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:05 AM   #3
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanek27
Tennessee's LP Field is worse. The wrong endzone art altogether and its been messed up since 2004. How hard is it to get the real endzone art? I'm sure its the same crap this season as well.
This is where they just don't care and I say that creatively. Sure there are plenty of things added to the game, but I could give a crap is Michael Irvin is in the game. Fix all the MODERN NFL fields and teams. The time they took to make Irvin and every other legend I won't use, they could have been giving Ryan the "Fitzmagic" beard, and making Stevie Johnson actually look like himself instead of a create a player. These just aren't your average players or rookies, they truly have paid their dues thus far to be considered NFL stars.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:23 AM   #4
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanek27
They may have it right, I noticed they have sf and ny giants field art right this year, and I think buffalo's too.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:18 AM   #5
MVP

skinnybonez's Arena

OVR: 6

<-----I expect to see lots of generic faces and commentators calling the players by their numbers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 02:41 AM   #6
Rookie

DUDERMAN's Arena

OVR: 0

At least you don't have ugly wind turbines on top of your stadium that don't actually exist.

After the 2010 season, Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie announced how they were going more "green" with their stadium. They showed concept art of wind turbines around the stadium and solar panels on the roof. I was actually impressed when Madden 12 actually had the wind turbines in. However, the original concept has since been scrapped and so those annoying turbines in the game don't and never did exist in real life. Unfortunately, judging from a new E3 video, it appears they didn't fix it yet.

Eagles | Phillies | Flyers | Sixers

Last edited by DUDERMAN; 06-07-2012 at 02:44 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:55 AM   #7
Pro

Indyboy180's Arena

OVR: 5

Matt Flynn doesn't even look like Matt Flynn, he has a generic face but maybe he'll be formed in by release.

He looks like he has one of the teambuilder faces in demos.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #8
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

I thought since we barely missed out on the Superbowl last season that the 49ers will get some Madden love this year..

Seems I was wrong.

The helmet color is way off...the pants aren't the correct color even. But worse is the stripes on the pants look terrible.

Also the endzones are supposed to be red in the playoffs for the 49ers, in Madden 12 they got this wrong...probably will be wrong this year as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »