Home

M13: Panthers uniforms...

This is a discussion on M13: Panthers uniforms... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #105
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: M13: Panthers uniforms...

EA morons...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #106
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobamigo
are the panthers blue jerseys this year going to have silver numbers?? looks like crap if they are..and what happened to the black pants
IRL, no - but in the game the numbers do appear to be more gray than white...
Old 08-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #107
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC2
Will this issue be addressed anytime soon? I am a die hard Panthers fan and uniform geek and there's not a chance in hell I am buying this game until I know it will be fixed.
I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath based on previous year's experience when there were glaring uniforms errors that went unfixed.

I'm with you, I'm really on the fence about buying this game with such obviously flawed uniforms.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #108
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersGM305
Lol .... I don't even know how the EA sports MAdden Team allowed a simple , but game killer for fans of the Carolina Panthers... I mean Wow incorrect colors on the pants Home are silver...Silver not white... Away white jersey inverted black blue color scheme that was lazy... Not to mention no headsets or player intros... you can see it but cant hear a thing ...It's just not in the game this year guys... =( yes you improve the catching animation , Still i see the morph body parts at times also the refs dont have IE cause you run into them and tele port ...Seems they patched it and dumddown the IE...
Yeah, what value do all these other presentation gimmicks like depth of field, motion blur, etc have if they can't get the uniforms right?

Heck, what value does something like IE have in terms of immersion when I'm sucked right back out as soon as I see the completely botched uniforms?

I'll never understand how things work @ EA. Cam got 48% of the final cover vote and this is the level of effort they put into his uniform?
Old 08-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #109
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
Time to make lemonade...I just set the 2011 VERSION of the uniforms as my "default uniforms" with the new helmet via "uniform creator". There's no Reebok logos on them and it's the only work-around because EA really left us out, it's just frustrating to see so much detail go into all these other uniforms down to the mesh stitching in the jerseys ala the new Nike designs but something as simple as the right colors/designs are left out when the uniform DID NOT CHANGE AT ALL OUTSIDE OF ADDING A DAMN SWOOSH!
Yeah, that's the only real solution at this point. Would be nice if EA would just take the 2011 uniforms and slap a swoosh and the new logo on them for us and release it as part of a patch.

It's incredibly frustrating to have to come up with all these workarounds every year.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #110
Pro

I had to watch in horror winning the super bowl for the first time with the carolina panthers CCM in MD13 as the in game audio states , but when you look at the uniforms my god who passed this in final stages of the game built...EA dev team..or maybe we can blame Nike...lol j/k The Nike Jersey on the Carolina panthers this years madden 13 version sucks , biggest disapointment in CCM everymode heck we're not the only team with wrong uniforms....The intro of Troy Aikmen is nice but his got a huge dark silver object on his hands ,wait its that the trophy this year
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Steve Smith.jpg (18.3 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg SB celebration.jpg (23.6 KB, 86 views)

Last edited by PanthersGM305; 08-27-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersGM305

The intro of Troy Aikmen is nice but his got a huge dark silver object on his hands ,wait its that the trophy this year
That looks like lazy programming. It looks like the forgot to texture or shade the trophy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #112
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Probably has something to do with the fact that Tiburon had to implement at least 64 new uniforms this cycle. Remember that every team got a new jersey and new pants due to the Nike uniform change. Every piece of art they had for the uniforms had to be remade. This count doesn't include alternate uniform pieces, either. There were bound to be errors.

I'm sure this won't comfort Panthers fans at all, and I can sympathize given that for the longest time in Madden the font on the Cowboys' jersey nameplates was incorrect. It damages the authenticity. That said, it's easy for me to see how uniform errors could happen; they simply had a mountain of work ahead of them this year, the likes of which hadn't really been seen since (probably) Madden NFL 06, the first XBOX 360 version of Madden.

No. Just, no.

The game isn't made by a bunch of teenagers in their mom's basement (although you truly wonder)....A league that is so backside retentive - the NFL - and a company as big and as profitable as EA, should not have errors like this. Completely unacceptable. Honestly I was amped to get the game, after bailing on all EA games this year.

Nail....meet....coffin. Thanks again EA, see you next gen, when I look forward to another mailed-in again effort.

NFL fines thousands of $$$ to players wearing socks 'too high'. Shirt not tucked in...but they give exclusive license to EA...but yet they still don't check EA. And EA is too egotistical, lazy and fat on the hog to implement a QA control to fix, what amounts to be a missing chapter in a book.

And the dumbing down of the world continues....

What's next? Jerseys with #549 on them...3 digit QBs? Honestly, if I was Cam, I would NEVER endorse EA....EVER. Why, they just dumped on him last year, and now, he almost wins the cover, and they can't get colors and stripes correct.

LOL, and we want 'revolutionary gameplay'. Uh no, we are back wishing for correctly spelled player names, and correct uniforms. In a few versions, since EA keeps taking so many features away, soon they'll be selling out discs of a single matchup (only 2 teams) for $60...the demos will become the product...one may argue it already has. This is already Madden 14 (beta)....and it's not even released yet.

Can they patch it? Yes. Will they? I'm not holding my breath, but I may hold my cash a bit longer.

Last edited by BLA7E; 08-27-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »