Home

Maybe its just never going to happen.....

This is a discussion on Maybe its just never going to happen..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Maybe its just never going to happen.....

Ever since next gen came out, franchise mode has been a stripped down version of its former (old gen) self. m12 looked like we might be taking a few steps in the right direction. Now we are going back again.
I've officially lost hope that we will ever have the old franchise mode we loved in old gen.
M12 was and is playable...IF you can control 32 teams to at least fix roster moves the cpu makes that are totally inane. I could not play franchise if I had to live with playing the Pats in 2014 and Brady got cut (at a 90 + ovr) and there is a 48 ovr QB in his place. Same with backups....guys with 70-80 ovr are sitting in free agency while rosters are filled with ovr's of 30, 40 or 50's.
I'm not a Madden basher....I still play and enjoy the game. In fact I've got a 32 team create a team league going and having a blast. Although now I'm hearing there is no create a team either.
I'm probably going to rent the game first (first time ever) to see if franchise mode is playable. MAYBE they fixed the AI and things will go smoothly for the other 31 teams. MAYBE some of the work arounds will be effective for managing the other 31 teams and fixing roster blunders.
CERTAINLY the game looks better....will likely play better as well. Kudos on that dev team.
I can accept that the devs and EA in general are doing what they are because the believe it's a better way and appeals to the most people. I even believe I'll end up buying it to get my NFL fix and probably still get some enjoyment out of it.

BUT....let's face it folks...franchise mode will never be what it once was. Too many years of 2 steps forward, 2 steps back for me to believe it.

Rest in peace franchise mode...we'll miss you.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Maybe its just never going to happen.....

I feel like after this year, there will only be steps forward. I dont ever see them taking something out of this mode as they have stated that want everything to be done right when they add stuff to this mode. For the future this is definitely a step forward. No one can deny that.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGW88
I feel like after this year, there will only be steps forward. I dont ever see them taking something out of this mode as they have stated that want everything to be done right when they add stuff to this mode. For the future this is definitely a step forward. No one can deny that.

WE HOPE....but tell me....(I'm assuming you played old gen like 07 or 08):
Do you expect it to get back all things that are missing from then? if so when? Do you really think franchise mode will have all the good stuff from years ago in M14? I can believe it will improve...I don't doubt that for one second. But I don't see how they do all that in 1 year. Maybe by M16 or 17 it's possible....but I really, honestly don't think they are committed to getting back the good stuff. I think they want to move forward with a different type of franchise mode. I have every reason to believe CC is the way they are going now. It may end up really good...but it won't be what we had. And that's ok.....it just won't be what so many of us loved about the game from old gen.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 06-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

locked...already threads about this...use those.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »