Home

Custom Playbooks NOT in CC for Madden 13

This is a discussion on Custom Playbooks NOT in CC for Madden 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #145
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Custom Playbooks NOT in CC for Madden 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
I didn't have any problems with my custom playbook either. I play offline franchise only and didn't need to download any type of fix for my plays and formations to stack correctly. Gameplan also worked well and was an excellent feature if you spent the time to implement it correctly.

Very disappointed that they would take a staple feature like custom playbooks away. I understand rebuilding the game so future additions can be made as one. However, when you build the game back up, I believe you need to do so with the basics of football itself first and foremost.

Part of the immersion in playing franchise mode is to be able to build your own schemes. So much emphasis was supposedly placed on the RPG factor and replay value. Removing custom playbooks is in direct conflict of this.
I completly agree with you about the immersion factor of Custome Playbooks and it adding value to the actuall game of football. Unfortnitly it looks like the direction is going towards more of an arcade style game IMO and its too bad because I play Madden because I love the game of football and having the ability to use my own creativity and oversight through Custome Playbooks/Franchise Edits/NCAA Draft Imports was my football related immersion.

This new arcade style immersion with points and Twitter feeds that come at the expense of the actuall football immersion will pretty much ruin what I enjoy about the game and I'll stick with 12 and updated rosters this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #146
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

@Argooos CC was built from the ground up as an online mode. probably because it is the most restricted setting. that would make adding features that worked for both settings a higher priority than offline only(editing) or online only(fantasy draft).
Old 06-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #147
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

@DNMHII that is the first time ive heard story and rpg elements called arcade style additions. this leads me to believe that you do not know what immersion really is
Old 06-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #148
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
@DNMHII that is the first time ive heard story and rpg elements called arcade style additions. this leads me to believe that you do not know what immersion really is
I think I was pretty clear with what I consider immersive really being directed towards football related aspects. Earning points and reading Twitter stuff doesn't do anything for me without the features that were taking out. Immersion is really a subjective thing and I'm football passionate not arcade game passionate.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #149
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
Agreed, and it seems as if the online gamers only care about themselves also, because the offline gamers are only asking for options to be able to turn it on offline and be able to turn it off online.
It seems to fairly obvious that the folks that care about themselves only are the offline guys. From what I see the online guys work together to try and make a better experience for everyone that plays the game. Kind of makes me sorry that I helped make the big push last year to get updates to offline franchise honestly. I guess I should start being all about "me" too

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #150
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'd say that is a very solid reason. If things are broken, we all know they don't hear the end of it.

I've been calling bluff on penalties, challenge system and in game saves for years. I keep on saying maybe next year, but none of my things have even been explained. At least these issues have been explained.

And I'm an offline game, not an online gamer. I feel for you and hopefully, next year, these features will work.
ok, but then again EA has put themselves in all win or a no win situation...what are you going to tell all the ppl who lost all these previously in the game features when the features that did get included in the game dont work as advertise.

whats the logic gonna be then 4 why features we just got back after yrs of waiting for them to be added back got left out.

track record plays a large roll in this ya know.

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni
Old 06-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #151
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

no you are confusing immersion and enjoyment. immersion is done without taking a player out of the game world and story. editing a player takes you out of both.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #152
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
It seems to fairly obvious that the folks that care about themselves only are the offline guys. From what I see the online guys work together to try and make a better experience for everyone that plays the game. Kind of makes me sorry that I helped make the big push last year to get updates to offline franchise honestly. I guess I should start being all about "me" too

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Do you do this by wanting features removed like Custome Playbooks because the online experience is so brutal for you because some online gamers can't even play the game online without it turning into a glitch fest..lol Give me break with this pleas. If you're passionate about helping everyone focuse on figuring out how to police the online trash without taking away from the offline experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »