Home

Custom Playbooks NOT in CC for Madden 13

This is a discussion on Custom Playbooks NOT in CC for Madden 13 within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
NHL 21 Realistic Sliders and Settings (Part One)
Madden 21 Next-Gen Breakdown and Chat - The Franchise Mode
NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Review - Setting the Standard On a New Console Once Again
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #217
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Custom Playbooks NOT in CC for Madden 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershock9958
You can't scrap random online gaming - it's a feature that is almost a must-have in most modern video games.

I do believe that physics will help to eliminate cheesy play along with improved AI. The physics this year isn't enough, but in any yearly sports game that introduces a physics engine they start basic and build up from there. If the physics engine can have an impact on blocking in the future that will be one way to fight it - AI that learns on the fly would be another thing that is necessary.

I do believe the first part is coming (maybe not in 14, but who knows). As for the second part, it feels like EA's teams have been playing with that forever with little success. I did note that a few of the GC guys said they kind of noticed the cpu players picking up on tendencies and stuff like that so maybe it's a start.

To me the main problem is that if you're only allowed one playbook, you might find some cheesy plays to run but a competent player can pick them up. With custom playbooks you're now playing against all the cheesy plays.

Either way I felt the execution of that feature wasn't well done, so it could have been a situation where "it's a detriment to fair play" + "we're having trouble improving this" = "let's see if we can start this over". Correct me if I'm wrong cause it had been quite awhile, but when we had custom playbooks before they took it out the first time, wasn't the system to build the playbook exactly like what we had last year? The new team may have just wanted to rebuild the system with their own stamp on it.

All assumptions of course, but I don't think the removal of it is as cut and dry as everyone wants to make it.
... so simply choose to play in an online league. Solved. Instead, we are ruining the experience of offline gamers and online gamers alike. Really, I don't buy that cheese was the issue. I think they just didn't have enough time to put it in the new system, and probably that system wasn't ready yet, but EA wanted it rushed for the purpose of getting a sales boost. Of course, there is some good to that, as we will be getting something new, but the features they haven't finished yet are really important. I just don't understand why they had to keep offline and online exactly the same. Two different types of gamers, there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
How about a Custom Playbook lobby for online? That just seems like the most basic common sense solution to the whole Custome Playbook issue online guys have. Figure out how to police yourselves without dragging every single player down with you is the way I feel about it.

How someone hasn't figured this out just blows my mind.

Exactly. It's unbelievable, which is why I'm certain no matter what you hear that is NOT the reason it was scrapped. I'm almost certain it was scrapped because this is a whole new system that actually wasn't ready, but EA wanted to rush it because of the sales boost it would present.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 06-11-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #218
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
With custom playbooks you're now playing against all the cheesy plays.
see its comments like this that really irk me. because it make the assumption that everyone who uses this feature is in some form or another an explioter. and this is just blantly incorrect. "some online gamers" are abusing the feature; again some gamers, not all gamers.

ive just had enough already of the folks on the other side this arguement acting as if somehow the removal of this feature has in someway saved realistic playcalling. it hasnt. when everyone knows that in reality nothing was saved because gamers can still cheese with stock playbooks. its getting old fast.

also this type of bundling all gamers who use custom playbooks into 1 lump group just completely disregards many of the positive aspects of this feature.

offensive brainstorming, this is one of the main things that can keep the game fresh once it starts to become stale.

4ex. lets suppose, 4 whatever the reason, i wanna create an entire playbook based around a 2-TE system, so i might want a playbook that has every formation that has 2 TEs or that can be formation sub at the playcalling screen to 2 TEs. Now a playbook like this could include anything from Aces:Big to Aces:Y-Trips to I-Form: Normal or Twins. Now I cant do that.

or if I wanted to create a Pro system offense that only uses the personnel of: 2WR-1TE-1HB-1FB, and maybe i wanted to elimate all theformations that didnt fit this philosphy. say i wanted to incorporates more wing formations to move the the FB around to throw off the fact that the defense gets to see my personnel groupings in the playcalling screen. theres no stock playbook that can accurately reflect this philosophy.

i could go on and on about schemes and offensive strategies and philosophy. not even to mention all the plays that simply do not work. so maybe i wanna utilize the gameflow feature, doesnt the ability to create a custom playbook only enhance that feature because i can eliminate all the broken plays and thus have more plays to incorporate into my game plan.

so please stop with this lumping everyone who used this feature into 1 big group, because its starting to sound like folks are suggesting tha anyone who exclusively uses this feature is an exploiter. and sorry but i just dont feel like letting that suggestion slide 2day.

bottom line it was stupid to remove the custom playbooks, because removing the feature solves absolutely nothing in the end. if a guys gonna exploit plays he's gonna do no matter what, custom playbook or stock. all this acheived was tick alot of gamers off, some of whom will prolly not even purchase the game because of this decision.

and lasty it was utterly selfish if anyone asked for the feature to be removed because we all didnt get a voice in the matter, the right to present our side. as you can see there are alot of folks not so happy right now. great freakin job!

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni

Last edited by TajDeni; 06-11-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #219
MVP

OVR: 1

im one of those people who dont do anything online. all i play is offline franchise and superstar.

custom playbooks i loved in 12, more the formations i prefer than the plays. the formations get the mox of players i want and the plays then built off that depending on that years skill set or thats how i used them especially on defence. on offence i had only formations/plays that i felt comfortable with given that im old and dont have l33t stick skillz.

frankly im annoyed. the excuse we havent had time and we want to make sure its perfect if its in are rubbish to me. last year they didnt do any tuners. therefore they must have been either doing nothing or writing 13.

my logical conclusion to their comments are that if anything is not perfect in m13 after launch they lied. now we all know things get borked and god forbid they could be patched, so qed why not cc custom playbooks?

this dissappoints me. its an indicator to me that 13 wont be as good as im expecting and therefore ea havent managed my expectations as a customer.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #220
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

Quote:
Try telling that to the 16 year olds that infest Madden's online leaderboards.
this is what i dont get, if guys are so concerned about running into exploiters in random online matches, why even go there in the first place.

why not just play in online franchises with liked minded gamers or play randoms against folks who you already know how they play.

if you know that thats whats there waiting on you, isnt that your fault for going there and beating your head against the wall in frustration, when there are other ways to get that user vs user experience.

-- TajDeni

Last edited by TajDeni; 06-11-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #221
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

Quote:
To me the main problem is that if you're only allowed one playbook, you might find some cheesy plays to run but a competent player can pick them up.
this was a really small victory in comparsion to all the ppl who are ticked off because of the absence of this feature, all the purchaces it might has cost EA.

i believe the game will sell well because alot of ppl dont do their homework when purchasing big titles like madden, plus that EA marketing is a doozy. In the beginning ppl are gonna be really stooked about the game, but once ppl start to dig alil deeper and find out about all the features that were lost that were in the game just last yr, there is going to be alot of blow back, alot of blow back.

-- TajDeni

Last edited by TajDeni; 06-11-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #222
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
You can't scrap random online gaming - it's a feature that is almost a must-have in most modern video games.
As much as I agree with this statement this is exactly what EA did this year by removing local multiplayer franchise/CCM.

If their mott this year was getting things right, they should have scrapped all multiplayer both online and offline because those modes don't work properly either.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #223
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
As much as I agree with this statement this is exactly what EA did this year by removing local multiplayer franchise/CCM.

If their mott this year was getting things right, they should have scrapped all multiplayer both online and offline because those modes don't work properly either.
but hey let these guys defending EAs decision tell it now "everyone" has the ability to get the exact same experience off and online. this is what is called talking out of both sides of one's mouth

-- TajDeni
Old 06-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #224
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
But you do understand that the solution I've presented a two year old could of figured out right? How is it that a feature so important to some that gets whined about nonstop by the online guys can't just be fixed this easily. You spend countless hour creating a feature that people have wanted for years and you scrap it because 10 year old randoms online kicks peoples butt by running the same play over and over again and because an online guy loses to the 10 year old random and imidiatley blames it on Custome Playbooks without any proof of the guy using a custome playbook but he has no other excuse, then turns around and whines about it at community days so EA just takes it out.
You don't know if that is what happened. At the end of the day, it's EA that makes the final decisions, not some Game Changer and not anyone from OS or any other boards.

Also, are you 100% confident, that you could walk into EA, tell them to put the old code of custom playbooks into the new code of CC and everything would work perfectly?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »