Home

The Good 'Ole Days - Why so much removal?

This is a discussion on The Good 'Ole Days - Why so much removal? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #17
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: The Good 'Ole Days - Why so much removal?

Madden 09 had over the top field degradation and players got filthy... but it looked cool and reminded me of old school mud bowl and ice bowl games.

I wish we had a feature where we could turn on "Extreme Weather" and get games that look like that.

Last edited by PGaither84; 06-08-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #18
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Wait...WHAT? We are still talking about Madden THIS gen right? This Madden won't have any bugs? First time I heard that one. What exactly was the last Madden that "worked out of the gate without bugs or crashes"? What was the last new feature that didn't have issues?

Really, at this point I'm really interested to hear why I won't miss the features that were removed (editing players, import draft classes, 32 team control etc). I would really like to hear a concise argument as to why I don't need these or won't even notice that they are gone. I'll gladly buy Madden 13 at midnight launch (never done that in the 20 years I've been playing) if someone, anyone can convince me that I won't miss or need these missing features. I feel like it's 06 again, only this time I'm not buying a new console.
Let's rephrase that then, with less bugs out of the gate vs adding more bugs with something that is known or unknown.

I don't think anyone is trying to convince you, otherwise. You've already made your decision based on the decisions that came out of EA.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #19
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Let's rephrase that then, with less bugs out of the gate vs adding more bugs with something that is known or unknown.

I don't think anyone is trying to convince you, otherwise. You've already made your decision based on the decisions that came out of EA.
Your not reading what I typed but you still responded... I usually have a great deal of respect to what you have to say Roadman, but your a little off today.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #20
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Your not reading what I typed but you still responded... I usually have a great deal of respect to what you have to say Roadman, but your a little off today.
Well, if you want me to keep digging, I will. My point was, if those functions are important to you and they are not in Madden 13, you won't get an argument from anyone on why you wouldn't miss those features.

It's a dead end argument.

Josh already explained why some of those features didn't make it in. Not sure what other reasoning you are looking for.

There, better.lol

Last edited by roadman; 06-08-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Because Josh Looman worked over 2 yrs on this mode and he wants to make sure everything works properly before bringing things back in.
but why not work for three years on it to make sure you don't have to remove things that both you as the designer and a large number of your customer base wants included? That's what I can't get my head around why were they in such a rush to get this included when it meant leaving all this stuff on the edit room floor. I know two years is a long time, but it still feels rushed when you have to sacrifice so much just for it to be included
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
but why not work for three years on it to make sure you don't have to remove things that both you as the designer and a large number of your customer base wants included? That's what I can't get my head around why were they in such a rush to get this included when it meant leaving all this stuff on the edit room floor. I know two years is a long time, but it still feels rushed when you have to sacrifice so much just for it to be included
Actually, before that he worked on HC09, came over during Madden 10's process, so, he didn't start working on CC until Madden 11 it seems.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #23
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

i was actually a lil upset they left some stuff out like ncaa draft classes and editing. but now ive come around after the initial blow and i agree with what theyre doing. why put something in that may have bugs when youre starting fresh? this is their time to "get it right" now theyve ripped out all old code. no bugs in the beginning means less legacy issues later, and im all for that.

think about how many legacy issues have been in the game for 3yrs+. we complain "omg, thats still in there again!" theyre most likely buried in foundation code thats difficult to even trace or causes a myriad of probs for other things when changed. better to just leave it out now and get it proper from the beginning. then when they build with this philosophy going forward, we get way less headaches and legacy bugs that drive us nuts.
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 06-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 29

I agree I don't want all the glitches, but I think that's why people would like to know what exactly about player editing in particular would cause so many problems. We haven't heard a clear explanation from them and right now it just feels like this stuff was left out all for the sake of a twitter feed and to me that is not good trade off at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »