Home

Draft & Busts in CCM

This is a discussion on Draft & Busts in CCM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #9
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Draft & Busts in CCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreAk47
If you are controlling a specific player yes, but if you are controlling a coach you will have team oriented goals and the XP earned from those can be used to progress anyone on the team.
I could be wrong but I thought I saw in one of the videos with Josh Looman that coach xp was used to buy upgrades. Like for example an upgrade that allowed your Wide receivers to gain extra xp or an upgrade that allowed your cornerbacks to gain extra xp. Stuff like that.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #10
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I could be wrong but I thought I saw in one of the videos with Josh Looman that coach xp was used to buy upgrades. Like for example an upgrade that allowed your Wide receivers to gain extra xp or an upgrade that allowed your cornerbacks to gain extra xp. Stuff like that.
That's what I thought too.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #11
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

yes, that is right. I wish I could remember exactly what video it was where Looman said it. I also remember him saying you could use coach xp to but an upgrade that allowed you to try to keep somebody from retiring and I think he might of said a couple others.

Player xp has to be earned by that player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
My impression is that EA's current working idea of a "bust" in Madden 13 is someone whose ratings are far below his draft slot. For example, a first-round pick coming in at, say, 60 OVR.

With regard to progression, it appears that the user-controlled team can progress his team however he wants, even going as far to focus on only one player, but developing a guy who is that low ratings-wise is going to take far more time and effort to begin with, and that time and effort, particularly with regard to snaps in practice which earn progression XP, can't be spent twice.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that you could see the players ratings before they were drafted? Why would you draft a player that is showing low ratings? The idea of a "gem" or "bust" at that point is over with because you can see their ratings so everyone would theoretically be drafted by the order of overall rating correct?

Maybe the more you scout a player the more accurate their overall number becomes? idk....

Go Blue - Go Cavs - Go Tribe - Go Steelers

360 GT: tharooseisloose
Old 06-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #13
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Yes you CAN buy upgrades for coach, but you are spending XP that can be used toward your players.

I am about 100% certain that if you are a coach, a player does not get individual XP... then again, I have been wrong before...
Old 06-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #14
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7
Yes you CAN buy upgrades for coach, but you are spending XP that can be used toward your players.

I am about 100% certain that if you are a coach, a player does not get individual XP... then again, I have been wrong before...
I don't think that coach XP can't be used toward your players to upgrade their skills at all.

Also if you are a coach, I think that all of the players still do get individual XP. You the User can personally decide how to use it to upgrade their skills, or you can have the CPU auto upgrade the players.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauceme
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that you could see the players ratings before they were drafted? Why would you draft a player that is showing low ratings? The idea of a "gem" or "bust" at that point is over with because you can see their ratings so everyone would theoretically be drafted by the order of overall rating correct?

Maybe the more you scout a player the more accurate their overall number becomes? idk....
Quote:
Scouting has also improved a lot. Now you can see actual player ratings before the draft, and there are plenty of busts and gems. For example, I scouted a cornerback that was all over the news and Twitter and ranked No. 4 overall on the big board and he turned out to be garbage. His rating was 71; his speed was 75; his man and zone coverage were both in the 60s. He had bust written all over him. But without scouting him, anyone would have taken him in a heartbeat. Love it.
http://www.operationsports.com/previ...ected-careers/

I haven't heard much about scouting, but I'm sure that with the new XP system it'll be extra crucial to scout right. I think the most likely case is that scouting will be limited as it was in Madden to where you can only scout a certain amount of players in a season, and if you go all in on the top rated guys you'll have no info to go off of in the late rounds. In M12 that's not a huge issue to me, however now with us being able to build our players you're going to be searching for those guys who have a high ability or a few of them to try and build up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreAk47
If you are controlling a specific player yes, but if you are controlling a coach you will have team oriented goals and the XP earned from those can be used to progress anyone on the team.
This is incorrect. XP can only be used on an individual player if they were earned by that individual player themselves, even if playing as a "coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7

Coach XP and player XP are entirely separate. Coach XP can be used to purchase things like a better chance of re-signing your QB, or bringing in a free agent RB, or even for 50,000 a Developmental upgrade that increases the amount of XP individual players earn per goal achieved.

Player XP to upgrade their attributes can only be purchased based on what each individual player has earned based on what goals he's accomplished or how he's performed in practice.

(** All this is based on what I've seen in the Josh Looman E3 videos and heard from gamechangers in various threads on here **)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »