Home

Gamers New To The Madden 80-85% Club

This is a discussion on Gamers New To The Madden 80-85% Club within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2012, 12:30 AM   #1
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Gamers New To The Madden 80-85% Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureEffect
Like I mentioned before after the first Community Day and my impression is pretty much the same; 80%-85% will be happy. I definitely feel that if you have been away from Madden for a couple years; Madden 13 will be a good time to come back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Casey Mosier ‏ @Casey_DLG
Madden NFL 12 is going in the trash when I get home OMG!

Dave Searles ‏ @RedZoneD25
It's official, I can never play Madden NFL 12 again.

Jeff Setzer ‏ @RynoAid
If they dropped hiroshima last time I was here... They just dropped nagasaki #Madden13

tony furstnau ‏ @strongarm_playa
Listening & watching Vic Lugo presentation.. WOW! Madden 13! What we are seeing is unreal.. @Shopmaster @markusfrieske @RynoAid @MR21215

tony furstnau ‏ @strongarm_playa
I know we cannot talk about what we are seeing (NDA'S) but come June 4th we will be able to talk about the gameplay. #Madden13CD

Markus Frieske ‏ @markusfrieske
@Josh_Looman and Vic Lugo just presented on the #madden13 team's tremendous work. June 4th, mark it on your calendar GOTY #madden13

Players Of America ‏ @PlayersAmerica
Madden 13 will make all other Maddens look ancient. The future is now & Madden 13 delivers the future! GOTY! @MR21215 @Shopmaster @RynoAid

Marc Rollins ‏ @MR21215
Followers mark your calenders JUNE 4TH 2012 ITS GOING DOWN!!!!!!!!
I stated that after June 4th I would quote these and that's exactly what I am doing. After everything released at E3, I for one am sold on Madden 13. That's not to say that the game does not seem to have multiple issues and still a good ways to go before representing many core football fundamentals because it does, imo. However, this is the first time I am convinced after only E3 videos and news that there is finally a NFL football game this console generation I can achieve long term immersive enjoyment with.

For me RTP is a great foundation but has a ways to go, commentary is better but M12 set an incredibly low bar and the other game play additions are welcomed changes but should be a given. All that said, I realized after looking at some screen shots of Connected Career Mode, that something like this is what I have wanted this entire generation.

I have never been a fan of Madden-ball and likely never will be but I love NFL football. Not just the Xs and Os but the reality tv drama that plays out, on and off the football field. This is my first time this console generation not hoping something is fixed or added before release, so I can enjoy Madden. There are things it would be nice to see improved before release like player movement, RTP, commentary, etc but regardless, I am looking forward to this game.

Madden 13 at E3 has moved me into the 80-85% Club and although it feels weird after all these years, it's nice to be here. I feel bad for the gamers that won't be able to enjoy Madden 13 for whatever reasons because I know exactly how that feels all too well. However, I am curious how many other gamers out there that had no particular affinity or preference for next-gen Madden before, suddenly find themselves in this club after E3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Gamers New To The Madden 80-85% Club

No draft import + No custom Playbooks = NCAA 12 and Madden 12 for me. I like keeping it as real as possible with imported draft classes and I love creating my own Playbook because I love the X's and O's and therefore I have absolutely no use for Madden 13 at all.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:44 AM   #3
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Yeah they dropped the bomb on offline Franchise Players alright....

Im torn at the moment on how I feel....I was amped on Monday and it slowly deteriorated into a Batman Begins Jail Style Hole where Im deliberating my Path

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 06-08-2012 at 12:48 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:47 AM   #4
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
No draft import + No custom Playbooks = NCAA 12 and Madden 12 for me. I like keeping it as real as possible with imported draft classes and I love creating my own Playbook because I love the X's and O's and therefore I have absolutely no use for Madden 13 at all.
I can respect that and I truly hope Madden 14 fixes all that for you because not having a NFL game to enjoy sucks.

That said, I finally understand how gamers can actually still be excited about Madden in spite of all the obvious flaws. I am trying not to be an insensitive jerk about it but I know I can't be the only one feeling this way about next-gen Madden for the first time.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:47 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

I've always had an optimistic outlook on Madden despite it's shortcomings, but I don't remember being this excited about the game since I was younger and got overly excited about everything.

Agree 100% about the immersion, those screenshots still have me amped up.

Gonna have to make sure I'm off work on the 28th lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #6
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Yeah they dropped the bomb on offline Franchise Players alright....
I don't feel that way at all. I'm a strictly offline guy and I am absolutely stoked for M13.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:50 AM   #7
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

I'm probably going to end up in the 80-85% group as well. I really wasn't looking into getting Madden at all this year, but I will at least have to try it out simply to see how the physics play out. I doubt that I'll get it day 1, but I'm pretty sure at this point that I'll get it eventually.

Watch me play video games
Old 06-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #8
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

@SteelerSpartan, I am curious if you are a Franchise player.

Aside from gamers that only enjoy Franchise Mode with others on the same console, which I totally understand, I don't see how any Franchiser couldn't be at least interested in the new stuff in CCM.

Did you check out the pics in that link in the OP? That NFL drama grabbed me like that chipmunk. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »