Home

What Are Your Plans For Connected Careers?

This is a discussion on What Are Your Plans For Connected Careers? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: what will you do
NEW COACH 76 58.91%
LEGENDARY COACH 9 6.98%
CURRENT COACH 40 31.01%
NEW PLAYER 40 31.01%
LEGENDARY PLAYER 13 10.08%
CURRENT PLAYER 19 14.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2012, 12:27 AM   #241
Rookie

NicHadler's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: What Are Your Plans For Connected Careers?

I'll probably make a late-round CB and I don't know who I'll play for yet.

PLAYING - MLB 2K12, NBA2K12, Black Ops, MW3, Left for Dead: 2, NCAA 13, Minecraft, Skate 3 Demo, Battlefield 3, Read Dead Redemption

Waiting for: Madden 13, Borderlands: 2, Black Ops 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 01:15 AM   #242
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11

Ok, I have another one. I'm gonna have to make a list of all the things I want to do in this mode, and then drop out of college to do them all. LOL.

I'm gonna start out as Darius Reynaud, WR out of WVU who was picked up by the Titans this off season and converted to RB. He's been tearing it up so far in the preseason with a punt return for a TD as well as another TD against the Seahawks, and 7 carries for 76yds against the Bucs tonight. He will most likely be listed at WR on the game so I'll take over him and give the Titans a replacement for Kenny Britt.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:48 AM   #243
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Though I don't know much about CC;

- Coach the Saints to another Super Bowl. I always like simulating until Brees retires then rebuilding with a QB I led in NCAA '12. I'll find a way to do it this year.
- Play RGIII until we win a Super Bowl or two. Find a new team after 6-8 years.
- Create my own coach.
- Create a rookie QB and lead a struggling team to the playoffs.

Will do 1 or 2 of these if not all.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:25 AM   #244
Banned

belucheez2's Arena

OVR: 5

I have been thinking about one certain "storyline" that I'd like to bring to the NFL.

In ESPN NFL 2k5, I started a franchise with the Bears and finished like 6-10 in the first season. I drafted a QB in the first round with my pick. A young hotshot QB outta the University of Kentucky called Roland Nunez. That guy was great. I loved playing with him. The way his attributes were set up made him play EXACTLY to my style. Short passes, can still run, and bomb it when needed (but not on every play and seemed like he had a clutch factor where he did great in the ending moments of the game where is accuracy seemed to sky rocket passed the cap of 100. In his first season, he lead the Bears to an NFC North title and playoff berth with a 11-5 record. We lost in our first playoff game, but the Nunez era had begun................ Then my 2k5 disc got scratched and stopped working before I could start the second season....

So I'm thinking about bringing him in as a created player to a lackluster team or do another storyline where Cutler gets run out of town in Chicago or something and Nunez takes over.

Excited for CCM.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #245
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

There are so many things I want to do in this mode! I want to do some "reviving" the careers of players like Jamarcus Russell, Vince Young etc. I want to rebuild unsuccessful teams like the Browns, Buccaneers, Rams, Vikings, etc and make them successful. I want to create my own player and have a good career. I want to coach some of these teams that have quarterback battles; Dolphins, Cardinals, Titans, etc.

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 05:29 AM   #246
Rookie

OVR: 4

OK, so....for offline, I'm going to create a coach and begin running the St. Louis Rams (Sorry Jeff Fisher.) I will be a defensive minded coach and I will select the "Team Builder" back story. This will allow me to use my early XP on perks that let me keep the few good layers we have as well as trade for talent and scout better than anyone else in the league. (I am SO tired of the rams drafting horrendously!) We will want to primarily build through the draft...since we do have 2 first round picks the next two years. I will keep the firing option on so I will have to be on my A game.

As soon as I walk in my office...it will be time to build my trading block. We are going to focus on 3 things. 1. creating a stingy defense. 2. Assembling an offensive line that can protect young Sam Bradford. 3. Getting Bradford some freaking WEAPONS. with that in mind...the trade block:

1. Steven Jackson: He is getting old and I never really liked him anyway. I'm going to try to use him to acquire my biggest need...which imho is WR/TE. I need a true #1 guy at wideout or playmaking TE to play alongside Steve Smith, Amendola and Brian Quick. Jackson is rated at 92 so I will target teams that are ready to win now, value RB and have a young fast playmaking WR/TE to spare. This leaves me with 4 possible teams: Denver, Green Bay, New England, and Cincinnati. At Denver i will try to acquire Damaryius Thomas. At GB i would love to get my hands on Jermichael Finley. At NE you already know I'm looking at Aaron Hernandez, and I would LOVE to rob AJ Green from Cinci...even though that probably wont happen...but Jermaine Gresham would be a decent consolation prize. I could also possibly target Fred Davis from Washington. I would pull the trigger on whichever team gave me the most for Jackson straight-up. So...I'm eyeing Demaryius Thomas the most. He's an 81 rating, young, fast, tall, and can catch well.

2. Jason Smith (RT): I Hate him...with a passion. He's an overpaid bum. Last year the Rams had the #1 most expensive O line...and Sam Bradford was the #1 most sacked QB in the league. I will attempt to trade him to a team that values RT's for a young RB to replace Steven Jackson. Knowing that Carolina just cut Jeff Otah...I'm hoping I can snag Jonathon Stewart away from them for Smith.

Now with J Stew and Damaryius on my roster...we are looking a little more talented at the skill positions overall. The key will be development. We will pick up any talent we see in the FA at the beginning the year...then focus on scouting. Our draft philosophy will be to take the best play available regardless of position. Even QB. If an Andrew Luck or RG3 clone falls to us...we will trade Bradford in a heartbeat if the deal is right. BUT...we are planning to keep and develop Bradford if we can. We will,however, be targeting LT (moving Saffold to RT), WR/TE, and OLB. With 4 first round picks...that will add 4 blue chip players to the squad in just 2 years...love it.

As far as our scheme goes, I will install an attacking 4-3 defense similar to Jim Johnson's (RIP) philosophy. We will show creative blitzing and ask Cortland Finnegan and newly acquired Janoris Jenkins to play some aggressive man defense. Our defensive line will become the greatest ever in due time. With Chris Long and Robert Quinn on the edges and Brockers at DT. We want sacks...and we will get them. For Offense...we will start with a balanced attack...using Damarius and J Stew a lot. But once we begin to draft more weapons...I will look to install a vertical offense and finally rebuild "The Greatest Show On Turf."

Well...that's the plan anyway. Hopefully we can win the bowl by year 4. Those amazing draft picks should help (lets pray that Washington sucks balls the first 2 years!)

P.S. Gotta give E.A. some love for FINALLY merging Head Coach 09 with Madden. Even if the actual game play has some problems...I will still pour HOURS into the CCM. This may be the deepest Franchise mode in a sport title ever. That is...in itself...commendable.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #247
Rookie

LousyJackRanga's Arena

OVR: 0
Build Terrelle Pryor into the starter of the Raiders firstly. I then intend on becoming the GM for the Raiders and making them into a Superbowl contender.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #248
Rookie

OVR: 0

As the Vikings, I'm going to trade Jerome Felton and next years 3rd for John Conner and a 6th, obviously depending on how hard it is to do trades.

I'm also going to trade Michael Jenkins and this years 4th along with next years 4th for Randy Moss.

I also plan on trading Sage Rosenfels for the highest draft pick I can get, a 6th? and signing the best QB under 25, but worse than Joe Webb, who's only a 67.

I'm looking to improve my starting LG, So I will probably trade Charlie Johnson, and a 1st or 2nd round pick for a starting LG. I'm not sure who i'll get, I can't think of anyone decent at the moment. And I don't want any Packers or Saints. I'm trying to leave the Lions, Panthers, Eagles, Giants, Ravens, Steelers, and Browns alone.

I also will look at getting another starting DT. I'm looking at Gerald McCoy or Dontari Poe for those, but I realize that either one would likely require giving up a first or second rounder along with a 3rd or 4th. DT is kind of on the back burner, as I feel as though Christian Ballard or Letroy Guion may be able to hold it down, and I can see myself trying to develop one of them.

My #1 need though is at MLB. Again I really don't know who to get here, as I am trying to leave those above teams alone. Mason Foster maybe? I kind of like his play. Is Cushing a MLB, I feel like he's an OLB. Also I feel like I can't rob the 49ers of Willis, as he is just too good. But his freakish athletic ability is something I seek.

I may look to upgrade my cornerback depth. I'm gonna look at Sean Smith, Brandon Browner and any other tall CB's out there, anyone I'm missing?

I will check out getting a Safety as well. Whichever one Harrison Smith doesn't play I guess. A tall or fast safety is preferred here. George Iloka? Taylor Mays? Who else am I missing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »