Home

Fisheye Camera View Video Breakdown Pt 2

This is a discussion on Fisheye Camera View Video Breakdown Pt 2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #9
Banned

skabatula's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Fisheye Camera View Video Breakdown Pt 2

Love the ideas, man.

I'm no developer, but a true fish eye cam seems like it would take advanced technology to incorporate into the game...especially with the rounding of the view at the bottom half of the screen. Plus it's a little hard to see.

Now in terms of the NCAA cam, that should be a lot easier to add since the tech is already there and it's in an EA game already. I'd love to see this happen for M13.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #10
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Though I like what it accomplishes, I can't stand the look of it. I don't want to see the fish eye effect while playing.
What is it that will keep you from playing in a view like this?For me seeing the action upclose while playing QB from the helm gives you that feeling of being harrased when a defender is barring down on you;coupled with the new RTP's and graphics would just be amazing.Also no need to worry about the passing because throwing seems more real life "throwing in a forest".Adding to the realism; throwing a long bomb would have to be well timed like it is in real life "throwing to a small moving target" so pick your poision wisely.

Mega
Football is in the building.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogmaddogbul
This video explains the importance of playing in a more realistic/authentic view. After watching this video you will be able too.

1.Understand your own Peripheral vision

2.How hard it is to be a NFL quarterback

3.Relearn how you choose your plays

4.Never take a single yard for granted

5.Enjoy the real beauty of football

Without further a do;I present to you FISHEYE CAMERA VIEW BREAKDOWN

Part.2

I think i heard you on game changers radio not too long ago. I really like what you have to say here. While i dont really dig the fish eye cam to be used throughout the entire play after the snap, it still is better than what they have produced for us in recent years...i think that new adjusted zoom cam is way to far back. It needs to be closer just enough to see the defensive players and the WR's..just enough to see them...they had it way to far back "unless" that was the zoomed back adjusted view after the ball is snapped for "passing" plays..even so..its still too far back.

Also i would like the zoomed cam to be much closer on running plays ..zoomed in a lot more to the RB's after the snap..much more than it does now...i think it would add a ton of atmosphere and even add more control ability when rushing through opened holes,juking,etc

It really kind of baffles me that they dont just give us a custom cam and be done with it. I have a feeling there is something related to the engine that is preventing them in doing this. My guess is that the game takes a hard frame-rate hit when zoomed to close to the players..not sure but that's just my guess but still there has got to be a way to get us a custom cam.

Last edited by Moegames; 06-11-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

i wouldn't mind some-sort of offensive camera similar to that.

in fact, i wouldn't mind that, and a defensive camera, in M14 at all.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Personally instead of doing the fisheye view I want them to take the legitimate next step to working on a technology similar to Need for SpeedShift where the driver turns his head based on the turn of the course and what not. But bring it and implement it into football.

This right here is what I want!

Take real world data of the vision cone out of a helmet, add a blurry effect on edges to give look of peripheral vision. Then just work on the function of the camera based on head movement. Add in running shake and you got a realistic football sim.

The vision cone for us is roughly 120° which then deteriorates to blurry peripheral at 180°. Take this into account and make vision on the field, with a blurry effect starting out slow and degrading further to the edges. If this could be worked on and achieve we would have one immersive experience. Add Kinect support for head tracking and I could see real potential for this working.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vision.jpg (13.4 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg football_field_large.jpg (150.2 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by Phobia; 06-11-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogmaddogbul
This video explains the importance of playing in a more realistic/authentic view. After watching this video you will be able too.

1.Understand your own Peripheral vision

2.How hard it is to be a NFL quarterback

3.Relearn how you choose your plays

4.Never take a single yard for granted

5.Enjoy the real beauty of football

Without further a do;I present to you FISHEYE CAMERA VIEW BREAKDOWN

Part.2

I personally would never play on this camera.It looks ridiculous IMO.

Love the fact others want a zoom cam, but this is not the answer in my opinion. This does not look anything like real football, and my eyes can see both receivers at the same time, just like I could if the image wasn't bent up to look like a mirror reflection.

All EA needs to do is allow the qb to see more of the field with a cam zoom out option with the press of R1 post snap. Then they can leave the camera zoomed in like Madden 06/10/11 at all other times.

And this would also be realistic, because a QB couldn't see the entire field unless he changed his view of sight with R1. This would focus on up close pass plays, while releasing R1 would go back to a zoomed cam for down the field/cross the middle passes.

The fish eye camera would be a nightmare to try and follow. My eyes truely go fish eyed just viewing that still picture. IMO fish eye camera is like playing football through a reflection of the lower round bus mirror's. It's nothing like our eyes see. The only thing it does is allow a closer to the ball carier because it is really just squashing the field.

If EA wants to put it in as a option that's fine, but I hope they don't kill off the zoom camera for it because right now that is all anyone has(who doesn't like the standard/sky cam)

What I find funny is not only is EA's standard cam like a standard cam, they actually have a cam even farther away called the wide cam. The standard cam can already see the sidelines and people in the stands, why would anyone need zoomed out more?

Crazy

Last edited by wheelman990; 06-11-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Personally instead of doing the fisheye view I want them to take the legitimate next step to working on a technology similar to Need for SpeedShift where the driver turns his head based on the turn of the course and what not. But bring it and implement it into football.

This right here is what I want!

Take real world data of the vision cone out of a helmet, add a blurry effect on edges to give look of peripheral vision. Then just work on the function of the camera based on head movement. Add in running shake and you got a realistic football sim.
That isn't realistic either. The cam is what is bouncing up and down and all around, not the players. Go run on the filed...yes a little up and down movement but nothing like this shaky cam IMO. I would get dizzy with this camera. It is more like playing football in the eyes of a camera man IMO.

First person would be sweet, I just dont think there is anyway to do it yet. Backbreaker showed how frustrating a super close cam was. You couldn't even see anything but ahead of you you and no way to look left or right at all. Camera's just can't move like your head and eyes.

I still think a good old zoom cam is as good as it is going to get. The problem is EA needs to at least offer some user tweaks to their cam choice. Hard to believe that following 2k5, Madden 13 would still not have a custom camera
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
That isn't realistic either. The cam is what is bouncing up and down and all around, not the players. Go run on the filed...yes a little up and down movement but nothing like this shaky cam IMO. I would get dizzy with this camera. It is more like playing football in the eyes of a camera man IMO.

First person would be sweet, I just dont think there is anyway to do it yet. Backbreaker showed how frustrating a super close cam was. You couldn't even see anything but ahead of you you and no way to look left or right at all. Camera's just can't move like your head and eyes.

I still think a good old zoom cam is as good as it is going to get. The problem is EA needs to at least offer some user tweaks to their cam choice. Hard to believe that following 2k5, Madden 13 would still not have a custom camera
This is where the Kinect potential really could shine utilizing head tracking such as Track IR

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »