Home

Kudos and thanks to the new Dev Team.

This is a discussion on Kudos and thanks to the new Dev Team. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Kudos and thanks to the new Dev Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
Ah the developers themselves have said they've included rpg elements and have stated it's a mode heavily influenced by rpgs so yeah I'm just gonna go with them and not you on this one

And I didn't say full rpg I said mashup
Is this like when you stick your fingers in your ears and pretend you can't hear anything but what you want to hear?

Because I know that all the same blogs, videos, and articles are available to us, and while they did state that it includes rpg elements (which I indicated in my post anyway) and is rpg influenced, it's easy to see just how much influence we're talking about.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershock9958
Is this like when you stick your fingers in your ears and pretend you can't hear anything but what you want to hear?

Because I know that all the same blogs, videos, and articles are available to us, and while they did state that it includes rpg elements (which I indicated in my post anyway) and is rpg influenced, it's easy to see just how much influence we're talking about.
I'm pretty sure that's what your doing as I never said it was full rpg only that it was some kind of mashup.

to your second point whatever the influence is it's too much for my liking. Is that okay? or do i have to agree with everything you like and want in a football game?
Old 06-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #19
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Well I am glad to see the devs say funk it and take some risks with Madden. It has been the same game for so long, propers to them for trying different things. I learned from QB Vision, which I despised from the jump, to not dismiss things I don't understand or agree with but try to encourage and consider the innovated spirit behind it. I feel like after all the years since the audacity of QB Vision, so many working on Madden decided it was just better to play it safe and not rock the boat.

I think M12 showed a good direction, Madden 13 looks to be full speed ahead and Madden 14 should finally bring us to our NFL authentic destination. I really plan on enjoying the ride in the meantime, this year.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #20
Rookie

briz1744's Arena

Icon14 Re: Kudos and thanks to the new Dev Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
I've aired my grievances on the loss of some franchise mode stuff this year and it does worry me that without 32 team control and other stuff how the AI will handle franchise. That said I want to thank the whole team for their efforts. I'm convinced that whether or not I like all the changes, I'm convinced that they are putting a good effort into improving the game. They ARE NOT (in my opinion) just handing us the same old stuff. I really see them working for changes and improvements to the game. i fee that they are really "owning" their work. I thought, given the negativity we sometimes see here, it would be interesting for us to list what we are glad about what's happening.
Agree wholeheartedly and with increased integration of RTP in the future longtime issues such as OL/DL interaction maybe could be improved
I'm happy with some of the HC features that seem to be making it I
nto the game. I'm happy that there is a new engine, more attention to detail and gameplay (ball trajectories etc.) and trying to solve the UDFA issues. I just hope the AI makes good FA decisions so I can enjoy chise.
As for CC the next major project in my mind has to be to return the total control to offline users that has been lost, it is after all our game to play however we see fit as a consumer. Adding that to the HC09 type additions would be my 'franchise' heaven
Old 06-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1744
As for CC the next major project in my mind has to be to return the total control to offline users that has been lost, it is after all our game to play however we see fit as a consumer. Adding that to the HC09 type additions would be my 'franchise' heaven
I certainly feel like that is the ultimate direction of the current team, and that's probably the thing that has me the most excited for the franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #22
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm loving the positivity here, a nice change of pace.

I'm anticipating this being by far my most played Madden yet. The changes to gameplay have all looked great so far. Infinity does some wonky things but this is its first year in and there have already been a ton of moments that have made me say 'wow'. CCM seems to be the hot-button topic but with everything that's in it, I find it very hard for me to even acknowledge the few negatives.

M13 is setting a nice foundation and I love it.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1744
I would bet that is their priority as well

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #24
EA Game Changer

KOACHK's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
Hey coachK I actually have one question I've been trying to get answer. Maybe you can help me?

Can we actually edit the players outside of connected career. Thx alot
I actually saw something when I was doing a walkthrough of the menus that might answer your question. From what I saw, it looks like you can; but I'll be sure to make this the next video I release so everyone can see what I saw. -I will also try to get confirmation from a dev on this.
@K0ACHK ON TWITTER: www.twitter.com/K0ACHK
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying."
-Michael Jordan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »