Home

Why we may never see imported draft classes for a long time.

This is a discussion on Why we may never see imported draft classes for a long time. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2012, 01:57 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Why we may never see imported draft classes for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrock627
thats always a possibility, but right now CC is josh loomans child, and he probably doesnt want anything taking away from the new features for while.
So were the PS2 Franchise Modes we know and love. So was NFL Head Coach 09, arguably the best simulation of day-to-day management in sports gaming history.

I'd be less excited about CCM if anyone else was in charge, put it that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 02:29 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 13

My bigger concern is how would NCAA import for for online mode? Would it just be one player's NCAA draft class being imported? If so, wouldn't that give that player an advantage (This is assuming the import works properly and the players are rated similarly to how they were in college)? I don't play NCAA so this doesn't affect me, but I'd be more worried about online compatibility. That's the new benchmark for features in Madden. If a feature doesn't work online, it's not going to be added to the game, period.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:30 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25
So were the PS2 Franchise Modes we know and love. So was NFL Head Coach 09, arguably the best simulation of day-to-day management in sports gaming history.

I'd be less excited about CCM if anyone else was in charge, put it that way.
Head Coach '09 is 1,000 times better as a Franchise Mode than Madden 93-2012 combined! Not joking, trust in Looman here boys. If this is his baby it will be amazing.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:44 AM   #28
Rookie

OriolesFanRD's Arena

OVR: 5

This is almost a deal breaker. We'll see.
  • Baltimore Orioles
  • San Antonio Spurs
  • Maryland Terps [Basketball|Football]
Online Championship Wrestling
2012 Baltimore Orioles - Left us way too soon. Fun ride, fellas!
2014 Baltimore Orioles - My soul hurts. It hurts really bad
Old 06-10-2012, 03:49 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 29

I hadn't thought about this, but it's pretty accurate and now i'm even more depressed
Old 06-10-2012, 06:30 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 0

Man look here. Imported draft classes will be back next year. There aren't going to be any story lines from NCAA transferring over from Madden so don't get your hopes up. It's going to be the same information from previous import classes with the addition of random story lines linked to random players. Their storyline will begin in Madden.

I can already see the irritating complaints developing right now just browsing through this thread lol. "Thats not what he did in NCAA", "Why didn't the LB get that storyline, he was a beast in my NCAA franchise" "EA has no clue!". I can see it coming already.

Bottom line, its hard for me to see how a group of guys that plays video games CANT suspend their disbelief when it comes to certain things. Guess what, its called imagination and you're going to have to employ it. So lets go over those points again shall we:

1. Imported draft classes WILL be back next year.
2. Story lines aint gonna transfer from one game to the next. (I wasn't even expecting it)
3. You will use you're friggin imagination and be content.
4. Suck it up buttercups.

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 06-10-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:36 AM   #31
Rookie

Pretty good point .. I wasn't a fan of the NCAA draft classes anyways since there always seemed to be so many problems with it ..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #32
Rookie

Ideally I like the idea Madden having access to the whole NCAA roster with storylines crossing over and as another poster mentioned The Show where you can scout these guys for years and don't know when they'll come out. This would be great for single player Franchise where you could really immerse yourself going week to week in each game. Maybe for online leagues they could have a sim option set for however many draft years that wouldn't allow users to look at the stats or information to keep it a blind even playing field.

If story lines across games is too hard to implement, which will probably be the case for several more years, I'd be fine if they just imported the player information, style, and baseline ratings for the draft. So the Madden engine can generate the season and story lines from the preseason file that makes use of the great college players but keeps it somewhat random that prospects can still rise and fall. This wouldn't necessarily need an NCAA file and could just be editable draft classes that the players put the work into.

I mostly watch College Football to project players for their NFL future so I just like having real people in franchise. I personally don't really care about how my NCAA Dynasty plays to get the players to the draft, I usually just sim because I don't want my play influencing the draft.

Last edited by SeahawkNMD; 06-10-2012 at 07:59 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »