Home

If you was given the choice to Vote

This is a discussion on If you was given the choice to Vote within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which Franchise feature do you prefer?
Connected Careers 97 58.79%
Traditional Franchise 68 41.21%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2012, 03:26 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: If you was given the choice to Vote

All I know is that if XP wasn't designed like a little on/off switch for attribute edeting with wallet for holding XP points someone screwed up big time. How hard would it be to have the backend design be capable of always being on and still functioning as a wallet for XP so that a person could actually have the best of both worlds with full editing when need be and be also engaged with the XP reward feature. Its this type of functionality that EA should focuse on they'd make everyone happy.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:33 AM   #74
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

For the sake of clarifying though, I want to repeat this a bit simpler:

If we were given full roster/rating editing at all times, then XP would be a pointless feature, largely going unused because XP achieving is going to take a lot longer. Editing is instantaneous, and would win out easily.

I don't care what I hear about excuses to why we don't have full editing anymore. I feel the above is factual because of the contradiction it would create. I am not Sherlock Holmes, but I bet he'd come up with the same deduction.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:43 AM   #75
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth

If we were given full roster/rating editing at all times, then XP would be a pointless feature, largely going unused because XP achieving is going to take a lot longer. Editing is instantaneous, and would win out easily.

I don't care what I hear about excuses to why we don't have full editing anymore. I feel the above is factual because of the contradiction it would create. I am not Sherlock Holmes, but I bet he'd come up with the same deduction.
But why couldn't you have both as an option so that the people that want full editing are happy and people that just want XP are happy, and people that want both just because they can are happy. It really shouldn't be one way only and the users should have choices on how they want to play the game. For someone like yourself you could just ignore your XP point and edit to you hearts content. Others might want to do a franchise with only XP just to force themselves to not edite players and challeng themselves with that feature.

If you have any option and you're not restricted you can play the game anyway you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 03:47 AM   #76
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

Even if fully capable editing was in, I would still use the XP system to progress my players. I don't think it would win out easily either. I'd rather have restrictions and a sense of earning progression rather than knowing at any point I could make any guy a 99.

With that being said, I'm all for editing attributes being in the game but as far as progression goes there still needs to be some model to go by and from what I've seen so far XP seems like a good one.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:50 AM   #77
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
But why couldn't you have both as an option so that the people that want full editing are happy and people that just want XP are happy, and people that want both just because they can are happy. It really shouldn't be one way only and the users should have choices on how they want to play the game. For someone like yourself you could just ignore your XP point and edit to you hearts content. Others might want to do a franchise with only XP just to force themselves to not edite players and challeng themselves with that feature.

If you have any option and you're not restricted you can play the game anyway you want.
Oh, I agree with you. The power of choice should be ours. The reality is that they can't make you use the new XP system if you have a better, faster option, though. It's about steering you the way they want. Keep remembering that what we get in the game is what they chose to focus on and complete. So many people want to keep disregarding that, but it's flat-out, simple logic that if were part of a trial per investigation, it would be amazingly strong evidence for a conviction.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:57 AM   #78
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Even if fully capable editing was in, I would still use the XP system to progress my players. I don't think it would win out easily either. I'd rather have restrictions and a sense of earning progression rather than knowing at any point I could make any guy a 99.

With that being said, I'm all for editing attributes being in the game but as far as progression goes there still needs to be some model to go by and from what I've seen so far XP seems like a good one.
I think a lot of people that want full editing would use the XP system for progression if they felt it worked properly and then just use full editing for minor tweaks to progression. I've actually used editing in my franchise to prevent my players on my own team from progressing just to try and keep it real and under control. Having full editing is like having a flotation device on an airplane......you shouldn't need it but its nice to have just in case.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:57 AM   #79
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

yes they can seeing how every other game has them both.

the fact that we only get what they choose is the same for every game. so you could say the same thing about any feature you dont like for any game.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:04 AM   #80
MVP

Quote:
Oh, I agree with you. The power of choice should be ours. The reality is that they can't make you use the new XP system if you have a better, faster option, though. It's about steering you the way they want. Keep remembering that what we get in the game is what they chose to focus on and complete. So many people want to keep disregarding that, but it's flat-out, simple logic that if were part of a trial per investigation, it would be amazingly strong evidence for a conviction.
I don't really know if they want to force you to play a certain way, or if they just haven't figured out yet that designing the game with limited restrictions would make people more happy. I get the impression sometimes that it's just a lack of propper planning and deign that creates the most issues and they just don't get it that going a million different directions and not really doing anyone of them really well is hard on the customer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »