Home

If you was given the choice to Vote

This is a discussion on If you was given the choice to Vote within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which Franchise feature do you prefer?
Connected Careers 97 58.79%
Traditional Franchise 68 41.21%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #33
OS Supporter - 12/14/14

DELUS1ONAL's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: If you was given the choice to Vote

I'm just glad that EA is trying something new, we have to give them credit for that. Also since we haven't played it yet I think we have to atleast give it a chance. So right now I would choose CC.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #34
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I would've chose to keep the old franchise style and work on the oline instead. I do like how CC finally gets offline and online franchise's on the same page tho.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #35
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

From Wikipedia:

In August 2006, EA Sports debuted NFL Head Coach, which utilized the Madden engine to create a football management simulation. The game was criticized as buggy and unrealistic. EA Tiburon rebuilt the game from the ground up, addressing flaws and creating a proprietary engine, over the course of three years. NFL Head Coach 09 was released on August 12, 2008 bundled with the special edition of Madden NFL 09 and as a standalone game on September 2, 2008.

--------

I post the above because of the three years development fact and that it still wasn't up to par. The same folks are now in charge of Madden, so how long before it fully comes together merging what Madden fans completely want and what HC09 fans completely want?

So...if I were given the choice to vote, I honestly would have continued both games, perfected them while not stripping away beloved features, allowed more importable features between the games and in the process, I'd be making more money for EA with another game selling so well. In the business world, that would be the 100% right move. It sucks, but that's business.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor

Yeah, I'm one of those. I can't afford to buy 3 copies of Madden (have 2 sons), and although I haven't purchased madden new in quite some time, I'll now need to buy 3 copies of the game with 3 online passes (not including live subs or family plan), simply to play my Eagles against my sons Falcons and Saints (offline franchise)...aint gonna happen. To tell the truth, I don't think I can buy the game new or used until I can once again play an offline franchise with my boys (without some weird workaround). Well at least we still have our NFL.com fantasy football.
Yeah I still do this too.. Me an my friends get to get together every year and play an offline together.. It's usually around 4-8 of us. The season takes alot longer since we are older and have familys and resposiblities now but we always manage get a season or 2 in every year for the past 16-17 years..
Old 06-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
Connected Careers.

Anyone who considers voting for Madden NFL 12's franchise mode should reexamine its feature list beyond editing players, use of custom playbooks, and multi-team control.
What exactly is Connected Careers offering that couldn't have been done in a Franchise mode?
Old 06-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #38
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Yeah I still do this too.. Me an my friends get to get together every year and play an offline together.. It's usually around 4-8 of us. The season takes alot longer since we are older and have familys and resposiblities now but we always manage get a season or 2 in every year for the past 16-17 years..
With me it's

Me and my Eagles - Colts or Steelers
My youngest son (13yrs old) Falcons - Jaguars
My oldest son (20 yrs old) Saints - Texans
My nephew (25 yrs old) Vikings - Titans
(We each take an AFC team even though we are all NFC fans my wife used the Ravens exclusively until 09...when she gave up on the game entirely.)

We will still be able to go head to head, but that has never been our real competition. The real competition had been (of course making it to the playoffs and super bowl) to see who would have the better team over the course of a few seasons. Surprisingly we get more of a challenge this way, because head to head I always had the advantage, but they have an equal chance if we're playing a sim franchise.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #39
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab321
i loved franchise mode. it was all i ever did. i can careless about superstar mode or online. i hope im wrong and coach mode is just as good or better but not from what i've seen so far
My thoughts exactly...
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 06-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev
Has to be CC for me.

CC is basically Traditional Franchise mode. The only difference is you can also play the mode online or as a superstar. Plus the progression has been improved to a more realistic formula. What's not to like?

I never use the feature myself but the people who want full 32 team control... What do you usually use the feature for? Do you play all the games or is just for personnel reasons?

If its just for personnel reasons then from what i've read and seen, 32 team control might not be needed. Sounds like the CPU is smart. Offer trades to other teams including your own.
I don't think the new progression system is realistic at all.

Improving players via XP points that you can distribute to any player you want, in any fashion you want?

That's not realistic. It defeats the purpose of going out and getting certain types of players, when you can just make every player on your roster into the type of player that you're looking for.

I need a speedster wide receiver, but my #1 is Michael Crabtree? Well just pump up his speed until he's faster than everyone. Defeats the purpose of going out to sign wide receivers.

Need a big bruising running back, but you have Reggie Bush? Just pump up his truck rating until he's Jerome Bettis.

I don't like it in theory at all. The "A, B, C" potential system, while flawed, was much more realistic. Some guys are gonna develop, others aren't. The proper improvement to that would have been to make coaches impact player development. Have a strong coach like Bill Belichick? Your players can max out their potential. Have a coach like Mike Singletary? Your defensive players get better, while your offensive player struggle.

That's how it should have happened. Not XP distribution. They turned Franchise mode into Final Fantasy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »