Home

I've decided I can't wait for M13...

This is a discussion on I've decided I can't wait for M13... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
Rookie

Qbboy4's Arena

OVR: 1
I've decided I can't wait for M13...

Canned animations and lack of and semblance of physics just cost me a playoff game on the road in Green Bay. Up by 3 with just over 2 minutes left, Packers backup QB Dan Persa throws a soft pass to Jermichael Finley in the back of the end zone. My Big hitting rookie strong safety lunges to make a play on Finley, but because both "players" animations triggered they simply clipped through each other and Finley caught the TD for the win. I was having so much time with M12, but I may hang it up until M13 now. Ugh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: I've decided I can't wait for M13...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbboy4
Canned animations and lack of and semblance of physics just cost me a playoff game on the road in Green Bay. Up by 3 with just over 2 minutes left, Packers backup QB Dan Persa throws a soft pass to Jermichael Finley in the back of the end zone. My Big hitting rookie strong safety lunges to make a play on Finley, but because both "players" animations triggered they simply clipped through each other and Finley caught the TD for the win. I was having so much time with M12, but I may hang it up until M13 now. Ugh.
I hung up 12 many moons ago lol - and i am very much looking forward to 13.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Your in luck!

It is confirmed that Madden 13 WILL be released this August!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
Rookie

johnnyboy8102's Arena

OVR: 2

Me too! It is the first time in years.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

I'll be sticking with 12 because there's just too much functionality that was removed for me in 13. I really hope you guys enjoy the game and hopefully it will just keep getting better from here on out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Your in luck!

It is confirmed that Madden 13 WILL be released this August!
Made me lol

DNM, just out of curiosity do you plan to rent the game and try it out?
Old 06-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #7
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
I'll be sticking with 12 because there's just too much functionality that was removed for me in 13. I really hope you guys enjoy the game and hopefully it will just keep getting better from here on out.
I just can't understand this point of view? How can lil things like draft import class and 32 team control, etc. outweigh gameplay? All those features mean nothing if the gameplay is as broken as it is in M12.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershock9958
Made me lol

DNM, just out of curiosity do you plan to rent the game and try it out?
No.....I think if Custome Playbooks and player editing was in I would give it a shot, but I'm just done being forced to use a Playbook with 150 plays that I'll never use and be forced to choose a book that almost covers all my favorite plays but misses a few looks that I really like. Custome Playbooks was such a huge step forward in gamplay and immersion for me that I can't see myself enjoying the game without it. Player editing was another huge thing for me and NCAA imports was cool even though it was done so poorley and I hope they'd fix it and not just take it out.

Too many things gone for me in 13 to take a step backwards and as stale as 12 can be it still supports my game and 13 falls well short unfortunitly. I really do hope the new engine rocks and 14 brings me back to current though.

Last edited by DNMHIII; 06-10-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »