Home

Ask and you shall receive...

This is a discussion on Ask and you shall receive... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Ask and you shall receive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMad-CowxX
how can you say someone who has never even used the editing feature will begin complaining during release week, because of a feature they're sure they will not use? i've never edited a player during franchise mode, and don't plan to. in fact, i'm presuming majority of individuals who play madden do not edit players, nor do they control all thirty-two teams. sure, hardcore players who delve countless hours into franchise mode will be disheartened, but the majority of players do not. it's an understandable move by ea. implement the feature when it can appropriately be implemented. temporarily removing a feature that majority of individuals do not use is not overly terrible. i suppose for example, if the development team removed play now, that would cause an uproar. not everyone who plays madden posts on these boards. in fact, a lot of people simply purchase madden to play ranked games online, and play now offline with friends.

removing a specific feature does not negate another. infinity engine is an obvious step-forward. and CC can be vastly expanded upon. the removed features in which everyone is rioting about will of course be re-implemented into M14, it's okay. sure, it's a bummer certain aspects are not included. and by all means, speak out towards the development team to insure it's reintroduced into M14. and i'm sure you most likely didn't want it to appear this way, but don't try to present your opinion as some sort of fact.

Hmmmmm....lol
Old 06-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 8

If anyone has paid for Madden the last 6 years then I think it would be crazy to pass up on it this year...I had Madden Pre-Orderd long before I even heard about RTP and CCM because I buy madden every year...It's something I've done since I start started working in 98 and will do so for the next 30-40 years if Madden is around that long lol.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #75
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I don't know how true this is but it seems to me the better indication for how well CCM will work out the box is HC09, not past Franchise Modes in Madden. I think that game has far more in common with this new CCM mode than Franchise does. I really don't remember what issues existed in HC09 in relation to the things some people are concerned about and have experienced in past Franchise modes but it may be worth checking out.

I think some people maybe overlooking, that similar to HC09, CCM was not rushed out and Looman was able to take his time with 2 years of development. Of course there will likely be some issues but maybe not on the level that had become common place for rushed out next-gen Franchise modes. IMO, if nothing else, this current team has earned the benefit of the doubt to wait and see how this all pans out in around October before I label CCM more of the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
Hmmmmm....lol
welp, i knew that last comment would backfire, haha. but still, those highlighted statements are far from opinion, and without acknowledging previous details, don't sound so. removing a feature that majority of players do not use, temporarily, is not an overly terrible choice by ea. it's not. it's temporary, and a fact, that most people do not edit players in franchise mode, nor control all thirty-two teams.

and i suppose, presuming that the removal of a specific feature, that doesn't relate to another, does not negate it, could be considered opinion. but the underlying debate, is; how can editing a player's physical appearance, or ratings, effect infinity engine? and even if it does, that does not negate the feature, it simply denies a small portion of improvement that is not temporarily available.

and that last highlighted statement will most likely be true. i highly doubt the developers wont reintroduce the features that everyone is hoping returns. highly doubt it. and again, my choice of words established my statements as mere suggestion and presumption.

Last edited by XxMad-CowxX; 06-11-2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: included quote.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #77
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
You know losing all these features this year hurt bad.....

But not as bad as learning where Looman and his CC team value these things.....and what that means for them ever returning completely at all, let alone quickly for Madden 14....

IMO....I get the feeling these features are buried under a healthy stack of Online Ideas and New Looman 100% Proof Restriction Tape at the Tiburon Offices

I said it in the other thread, If Looman came out and said

"I guarantee these things you all love will be back for Madden 14 just the way you remember them or better"

Then I wouldn't have much problem taking the hit this year for the greater good....I think others maybe would too....

But its setting up to be another

"We didn't have time for it this year"
"Well we'd like to do that in the future but"
"Look at what else we did"

barrage year after year.....Thats what I really think has us so pissed off
That moving beyond 13 these things are always going to have some reason to not be added back into the game

People just spent the better part of 7 years lobbying to get these things in the game.....they don't want to have to do it again
Made this post in another thread but its suited for here too

Basically if this is truly a 1-Year...We didn't have time, we'll add it back next year thing....then I can understand and forgive and forget and look to the future.....

But if we're going to get excuse making from them year after year on why this stuff isn't fully back, then the people who loved those things should be upset and put EAs feet to the fire

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 06-11-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #78
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

All anyone has to do is read the poll in the thread for most disappointment. The omission of editing is number one most disappointment. No draft import is second on the list.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #79
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
How can it simply look prettier when RTP IS changing the outcome of the play? There's zero argument about that, too. It DOES change the outcome of the play. Take the same exact play from Madden 12, have it happen in Madden 13, and you could get a totally different outcome. A 40 yard run turns into a 6 yard run. A 35 yard TD pass turns into a 15 yard pass completion.

To say RTP simply makes the game look prettier is to completely misunderstand the very foundation of what it implements into the game.
Changing the outcome & changing how you get there are 2 different things. EA has been about the outome. I'm looking for them to changed how plays unfold.

I was about to type out an example or 2, but I've been saying the same things in this forum for years now. The short version is, there's more to plays than collisions & their outcomes. Engaged player mobility, footwork & other elements play into how plays unfold.

RTP is changing how & I'm guessing if players get tackled. There's a lot that goes on before that that has not been addressed. Pardon my simplification, as yes, it's more than just looking pretty. But it's not changing how plays unfold prior to contacting the ball carrier/receiver.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 0

Oh yeah day 1 for me. Madden, NCAA and NBA 2k are games I buy every single year, regardless. On that note, Madden 13 looks like a huge leap and I am excited for it. I am an online player so I don't care about franchise mode offline. Either way, Madden will be mine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »