Home

Ask and you shall receive...

This is a discussion on Ask and you shall receive... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #145
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Ask and you shall receive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Once the "novelty" wears off, I'd figure people might actually play football and enjoy things like the new defensive AI, passing game, and that one feature everyone has been pulling their teeth out for years to get (physics).
My only issue with this is that there still are ratings/thresholds like SPD/ACC/AGL of positions (ie DT, Big RB) that impact/cause unrealistic player movements,

Play Recognition that drive Def players across the board reacting to a run as soon as you press the button,

LB's and small DB's jumping at the same height of tall WR's,

Corners having TKL/STR ratings that make them bring down big backs with ease.

The Physics Engine will only drive object-to-object animations, but there are still aspects outside of the Physics Animations (SPD/ACC/AGL/Jump etc...) that will need to have realistic thresholds for each position that is driven from the perspective of 1 and/or few developer's.

My frustration with getting the Infinity Engine is that the game has reverted back to Madden '06 restraints with no ability to correct one of the said above issues that still happen on the new engine for a 7th year.

Just tired of seeing the larger player's move/animate no different than a 170 lb player.

I hope things work out, but history says there will be major issues that are surely to arise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #146
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
To sum up this thread and what will happen:

Those who purchased the game every year, sight unseen will still buy the game, even if they claim they won't.

Those who wanted something new will purchase the game due to all the supposed changes, and give it a shot.

While people will whine and moan, the gameplay is what will determine if this game has legs. That is still to be determined.

Edit: Most of you have no idea what you want.
The thing is all of us will eventually pick up the game but will look for used copies which in turn will limit the profit for EA. I agree that the future is looking brighter and the coming years will be amazing, but they took out too many things for me to pick it up day 1.

Gameplay was never a priority for me. I mostly used it to create a fantasy team and see if I could take them to a Super Bowl. I don't get that now.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 06-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #147
Rookie

thrust's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Ask and you shall receive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Game play wise, Madden has been Madden forever, so whatever they add to improve that is always welcomed. Plus with sliders available online this year along with the other game play upgrades, I can deal with that.

What really has me excited is the seeming depth of CCM because a living Franchise that can be played online with my friends is what I have wanted ever since Live Opponent in M07. Every time I find more info about CCM the better it sounds. I don't see how anyone that enjoyed the lackluster Franchise modes of this entire generation, would voluntarily miss out on CCM.

Just check this video for a sample of the depth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYvxbjekSIg

WOW!!!!!! This is gonna b 1 helluva game. All chips in!
Tweeted from Tampa Habitual Rehab Clinic
THRC
a home for the lonely

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »