Home

Ask and you shall receive...

This is a discussion on Ask and you shall receive... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2012, 12:12 AM   #33
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Ask and you shall receive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
At the 4:30 or so mark Josh talks about the production rating... and how rookies who have not performed on the field are going to have a low production ratng, and as a result, that will lower how thier OVR is calculated.

Hopefully that means Donny Moore won't be afraid to give players more accurate ratings, instead of manipulating certain ratings to keep the OVR low or inflate it.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #34
Rookie

riggs6taters's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack
This is what's funny to me. All these people are saying the used to buy it day 1 every year. And those were horrible football games with the same boring franchise.

Now they actually step gameplay up some. And add the deepest mode ever in madden and the same people say its a rent first.

Doesn't add up.

With the 1st pick in the 2013 Madden NFL draft the St Louis Rams select RB Yun Blankenship from Idaho St....Yea what a step up, all the gameplay improvements in the world don't make up for fake fake fake players consuming a supposed "deep" career mode. What's so deep about it if you can't even have real draft classes?
Old 06-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #35
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm excited about the new additions this year, but I refuse to buy Madden on release day. EA has lost my trust. I'll wait and read some reviews on here since EA has become famous for lots of hype with sloppy execution. And in typical Madden fashion, they add new stuff while inexplicably removing standard features. Annoying to say the least.

Hopefully it will be a good game though, and I do expect to eventually buy it. Maybe we will finally get the game we should have had two years ago. I thought they were on the right track with Madden 10, but then they blew it with that zero progress joke of a game Madden 11 and its super revolutionary GameFlow aka "Ask Madden" gimmick. The only reason I bought Madden 12 was because I skipped 11.

I think Madden 13 is a step in the right direction, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Only time will tell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 12:28 AM   #36
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX
I'm excited about the new additions this year, but I refuse to buy Madden on release day. EA has lost my trust. I'll wait and read some reviews on here since EA has become famous for lots of hype with sloppy execution. And in typical Madden fashion, they add new stuff while inexplicably removing standard features. Annoying to say the least.

Hopefully it will be a good game though, and I do expect to eventually buy it. Maybe we will finally get the game we should have had two years ago. I thought they were on the right track with Madden 10, but then they blew it with that zero progress joke of a game Madden 11 and its super revolutionary GameFlow aka "Ask Madden" gimmick. The only reason I bought Madden 12 was because I skipped 11.

I think Madden 13 is a step in the right direction, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Only time will tell.
i think the reason that 11 and 12 had less advancements than 10 was the development of the new features this year. RTP and CC have been in development for 2 years.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:34 AM   #37
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
i think the reason that 11 and 12 had less advancements than 10 was the development of the new features this year. RTP and CC have been in development for 2 years.
Did they make ANY advancements to 11? I think all they did was make the defenses play worse.

I also think that was the old dev team, so CC is no excuse. Good riddance to them.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:35 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
Than how do suppose features that were added last year couldnt make it into the game if they've been working on it for two years? That's sound very concerning that they'de been working on it while at the same time completly ignoring the importance of making sure the high profile features they marketed for 12 didn't have time allotted for the development proccess and roll-out of CCM.

The more I hear the more this roll-out of CCM just appeares butchered IMO.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:37 AM   #39
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
...but in the end, is it worth it?

The Madden dev team went all out this year and answered us with a new engine, better gameplay, and an overhaul to all the modes. My question to all of you is if it was worth it in your eyes?

Missing editing stats and attributes, no longer have the ability to import draft classes, cannot use a fantasy draft, and few others out there from other threads.

For years I've defended Madden in the boards because I believed that it catered to the casual fan that played it every year. Now they are catering to the gripes from the hardcore players and I don't know if I approve.

For once I'm debating on if I'm buying game day one or not. I probably still will, but I don't know how much replay value I will get without the fantasy draft. I know EA is using 13 as a baseline and building, but I may just keep 12 this year instead of trading it in.

So let me here your thoughts. Is all of this worth it?
Actually wouldn't it be vice versa? Wouldn't it be the hardcore players who need to have all the extra features? I would think the casual player and hardcore football fans would care much, much, much more for realistic gameplay experiences that follow the laws of physics. Basically, it doesn't matter to me what modes are in the game as long as it looks and feels like real football on the field I'll find a way to have hours of fun with it. If it has the greatest franchise mode on the planet but is horribly unrealistic on the field or has arcadey gameplay like NFL Blitz then I want nothing to do with it.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:38 AM   #40
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggs6taters
With the 1st pick in the 2013 Madden NFL draft the St Louis Rams select RB Yun Blankenship from Idaho St....Yea what a step up, all the gameplay improvements in the world don't make up for fake fake fake players consuming a supposed "deep" career mode. What's so deep about it if you can't even have real draft classes?

The draft classes are as real as the ones that you import.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »