Home

Madden NFL 13 Roster Editing Issue Rears Its Ugly Head

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Roster Editing Issue Rears Its Ugly Head within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #41
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Madden NFL 13 Roster Editing Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
So what's the point of creating a user roster file at all if the user can't place that roster file into any prolonged game mode and/or taking it online? EA Tiburon surely had to know from their metrics in NCAA Football that people use modified rosters to start careers the vast majority of the time.

As to not being able to even edit a player's jersey number, even Madden NFL 12's feature-lacking online franchise had that. Does Madden NFL 13 at least enforce NFL position number assignment rules? M12 did not. I don't want to draft a bookend offensive tackle and have him wear #1, then not be able to change it.
I guess a work around would be to retire as the coach and pick each player you want to edit and play as them and edit them and retire and go back to being he head coach. Assume that is possible

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #42
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
So it looks like we can no longer update Madden each spring with roster moves (Trades, FA, etc) and draft picks.

That is one of my favorite things to do until the Next Madden comes out
Anyone want to go out on the conspiracy limb and say they did this for further incentive to buy the next years game????

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 06-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #43
Rookie

Icarus2k9's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Anyone want to go out on the conspiracy limb and say they did this for further incentive to buy the next years game????
You can always play MUT if you want to try out next year's rookies in a competitive gaming scene, good sir! Now just put a few thousand Microsoft points on your account and buy some packs, and you're all set to enjoy a sneaky peak at next season....

...okay, it's not quite that level of consprisaah, but it certainly adds a sense of obsolescence to the mode, intentional or not.

Last edited by Icarus2k9; 06-11-2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Got my sarcastic spelling of conspiracy incorrect. Boy is my face red.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #44
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
So it looks like we can no longer update Madden each spring with roster moves (Trades, FA, etc) and draft picks.

That is one of my favorite things to do until the Next Madden comes out
Clarification: you can still make that roster, you just can only use it in Play Now games.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #45
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
So what's the point of creating a user roster file at all if the user can't place that roster file into any prolonged game mode and/or taking it online? EA Tiburon surely had to know from their metrics in NCAA Football that people use modified rosters to start careers the vast majority of the time.

As to not being able to even edit a player's jersey number, even Madden NFL 12's feature-lacking online franchise had that. Does Madden NFL 13 at least enforce NFL position number assignment rules? M12 did not. I don't want to draft a bookend offensive tackle and have him wear #1, then not be able to change it.
wow u can't even edit jersey numbers either? when did this come about? i may not even buy 13 if more and more things keep getting taken away whats next they gonna take away option to play game all together and just have to watch cmp play each other? and for looman to say this is small to what they added is a fricken joke this is a HUGE part of madden theres tons of ppl who edit there rosters and share them etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think Madden Developers will quickly realize that they made a pretty huge mistake with this. Franchise mode no longer has replay ability because of it. EA will probably put it back in for M14 but use it as a "New Feature" like they think we're a bunch of idiots.

"This year we're bringing you total control with your team's players and roster in connected careers!"

Old 06-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

so i'm stuck with an incomplete roster where Luck will be a 90 by week four and Cam will be a 95? NO WAY. Deal Breaker for me...
Old 06-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #48
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Damn, Madden 13's Connected Careers better have the best logic in a sports game ever. If not, the Nostradamus in me is predicting a mass uprising.

Any word on whether there will be retired numbers yet?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »