Home

Madden 13 Replays and Introductions

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Replays and Introductions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden 13 Replays and Introductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
They also showed Ray Lewis in the webcast presentation and gameplay example and in the video I posted above this, they show Sidney Rice, Kellen Davis, Jason Witten, Roddy White.
Looks like they will have a bunch of different players and positions.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #10
Banned

skabatula's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnZzgo
what about all the team intros from madden 12?are they gonna be in madden 13 ? they were great!
They will now be shown during the halftime montage.

Someone from EA said that you never see team intros before the game irl (which is true), so they will now show clips during the montage.

I believe I read here somewhere that team intros will still be used before game during the playoffs. Not 100% sure though.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #11
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Those player intros look great, really broadcast style, but the problem I have is the players do the same poses every single time. I'd like to see more variety. That's what I meant when I said Tiburon is not creative in this aspect.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #12
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by skabatula
They will now be shown during the halftime montage.

Someone from EA said that you never see team intros before the game irl (which is true), so they will now show clips during the montage.

I believe I read here somewhere that team intros will still be used before game during the playoffs. Not 100% sure though.
Yeah that's how it will work. Here's an example of the halftime montage at 9:20, there also will be a stats analysis at half with Jim and Phil and a preview of what to look for in the 2nd half.

Yes you will see the team intros during Playoff games and if you watch closely before regular play now games you will see the intros on the field in the distance, seen here at :54, this is very similar to what you see irl with team intros on CBS.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-13-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #13
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

That halftime montage was actually pretty cool. Problem is, some of that stuff are just cut scenes, and if we go by history, Tiburon/EA won't give us a variety of those different scenes to make sitting through the halftime rewarding instead of a chore.

So we'll end up with a different QB calling out signals like Cam was doing, or a different QB pointing at the like of scrimmage like Matt Moore. It's a cool idea, reminds me of what I see on Sunday (definitely hope you're right that we're getting stats at halftime), but the lack of variety will make many of us bored out of our skulls a week after the game comes out.

I think it's little things like that that are disappointing with Madden--the scripted nature of so many aspects of the game, quite literally, gets old.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #14
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

And just to comment on the replays--I think they are an improvement. I just wish we saw Phil doing some telestrater action on the replays, or at least talking about a key block or unfortunate missed tackle--use the replays to show/teach us why the play worked or didn't, rather than just showing us a play we just saw.

But if you notice the defensive replays, they actually key on the defender who makes a play. So if a linebacker rushes up the middle for a sack, the camera begins and ends with the linebacker rushing through the line and sacking the QB, as opoosed to focusing on just the QB and him being sacked.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #15
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

As far as player intros go

Josh Davis ‏@jpdavis1982
@JDewiel I'm assuming they will show star players at several positions for those primetime pregame intros, but community wanted confirmation

Justin Dewiel ‏@JDewiel
@jpdavis1982 yea, I believe so. I've seen Ed Reed for the Ravens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #16
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
And just to comment on the replays--I think they are an improvement. I just wish we saw Phil doing some telestrater action on the replays, or at least talking about a key block or unfortunate missed tackle--use the replays to show/teach us why the play worked or didn't, rather than just showing us a play we just saw.

But if you notice the defensive replays, they actually key on the defender who makes a play. So if a linebacker rushes up the middle for a sack, the camera begins and ends with the linebacker rushing through the line and sacking the QB, as opoosed to focusing on just the QB and him being sacked.
Phil does talk about plays and what the offense defense did right/wrong. This video is a good example.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »