Home

Sound Off: Has the 'Closed' Nature of Connected Careers Turned You Away?

This is a discussion on Sound Off: Has the 'Closed' Nature of Connected Careers Turned You Away? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #49
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Sound Off: Has the 'Closed' Nature of Connected Careers Turned You Away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD81
I know it may be a WILD idea, but how about we actually play the game first before just bashing these changes to oblivion.
I think we give Madden too much of a benefit of the doubt each year. This actually might be the year the game should get it, but it's like that well has run dry from my perspective.

Just realized Transformers comes out the same day. Hmmmm....
Old 06-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkJesusNowitzki
Depends on how you wanna look at it.

You can look at it like "well they didn't include ____ and ____ and ____ so they must be rushing it out".

I look at it as "well they included ____ and _____ and ____ and spent a lot of time making sure all of those are fleshed out and balanced and then just ran out of time to include ___ and ___ and ___".
Perhaps, but it's not really the same thing. If it were a situation where, they had 7-8 new things to add to the game, but only were able to put in 4-5(but did them extremely well), then this argument would work. It's a little harder to take that latter stance you mentioned, when EA added 4-5 new things, but took away 3-4 that were already there; to me, it doesn't hold the same weight.

Just a different viewpoint.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

And another thing...I never play online. Like a few other posters have said, I play with my buddies in the same room and actually have in face conversations. I know online gaming is important but to completely take away everything the offline gamer uses is just ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 8

Completely turned off by it and I'll be sticking with updated rosters for both NCAA 12 and Madden 12 and be completely unfazed by the whole thing.

Bottom line is that I've had little faith in EA on next gen the entire time its been out. I think doing what they did last year in listening to their customer was a very positive step towards what it means to be responsible for customer needs. To turn your backs on your customer and just ignore what was important last year and dismiss it like that have just shows how little they understand the big picture IMO.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #53
MVP

8's Arena

OVR: 21

I didn't buy last years game but I am buying this years so that should tell you all you need to know. I'm not a high school/college age kid with tons of time on my hands(not saying ALL high school/college kids have a lot of time on their hands), so I don't edit or try to control all 32 teams. I don't have the time for that. I play franchise with one team and that's all I have time for. I can understand people getting ticked off about editing and the other stuff but I'm guessing they'll be back in the game next year. Like I said I didn't get Madden last year and I lived.

RAVENS/ORIOLES

Last edited by 8; 06-13-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #54
Rookie

StanleyStutters's Arena

OVR: 8

I still plan to pick up Madden 13, but the loss of several features, most importantly couch co-op, has definitely dampened my excitement.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #55
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

As I posted earlier today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
That's the icing on the cake for me. Madden 13 is a no buy. EA has now made it so we have to play the game their way instead of the way we choose. One team control only, no roster editing in CC mode. Whats next, removal of the sliders and difficulty levels? C'mon man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #56
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

The closed nature of Connected Careers has not turned me away. I will miss using NCAA draft classes but I am sure that will return probably in 14. A lot of the features that did not make it in this year from previous years I don't really care about anyhow and I only ever play as 1 team. I got over the fact that I wont be able to use draft classes , but as a result I am not going to get NCAA this year. Madden just sounds so awesome that I am just going to focus on it and skip NCAA. I am very excited for Madden 13.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »