Home

Madden 13: Buy or No Buy

This is a discussion on Madden 13: Buy or No Buy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you getting Madden 13?
Absolutely! 296 53.05%
Not this year! 107 19.18%
Maybe after seeing feedback from those with the game. 132 23.66%
Rent only 23 4.12%
Voters: 558. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #313
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Madden 13: Buy or No Buy

For the first time ever, I will NOT be buying this game. Connected Carrers for a coach is weak, and dumb. They took out what makes being a coach on an NFL team actually feel like being a coach. There is no more calling the plays and having the computer execute based off of the ratings of the players you have drafted, traded for, signed, etc. Bascially you go into coach side of CC and controll everything on the field now. No need to trade up and get that start QB your team desperately needs... why? because you will get good enough at PLAYING the game that you can take a 7th round QB and pass for 5000 yards his rookie year. EA really screwed this one up... for the sim fans who truly understand what "coach" means.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #314
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
This is an absolute buy. The CC thing is very interesting and I can't wait to try it even though I don't even understand half of what the hell it really is.
Which half do you not understand, the connected or the careers?
Old 08-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #315
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

I have both the 360 and the Vita versions preordered. Once I played the demo on All-Madden, that is when I was able to see where the game shines.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 11:17 PM   #316
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
I'm buying for sure, but for xbox, the PS3 version I have through season pass does not look good to me... Not as crisp as xbox..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

Last edited by RoyalBoyle78; 08-24-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #317
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
For the first time ever, I will NOT be buying this game. Connected Carrers for a coach is weak, and dumb. They took out what makes being a coach on an NFL team actually feel like being a coach. There is no more calling the plays and having the computer execute based off of the ratings of the players you have drafted, traded for, signed, etc. Bascially you go into coach side of CC and controll everything on the field now. No need to trade up and get that start QB your team desperately needs... why? because you will get good enough at PLAYING the game that you can take a 7th round QB and pass for 5000 yards his rookie year. EA really screwed this one up... for the sim fans who truly understand what "coach" means.
Well said, could not agree more. Totally bogs my mnd why you can create yourelf as a coach and you cannot play the game as a coach. And to top it off, you have the option to play as a coach in Play Now games. All I heard leading up to this was Josh Looman saying that they created the game in a way that people could play the way they want to play-----apparently not everyone.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:35 PM   #318
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

I will absolutely be purchasing the game come Tuesday. Madden seems fun again. I just wish the hitstick was a little more over the top.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »