Home

Madden 13: Buy or No Buy

This is a discussion on Madden 13: Buy or No Buy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you getting Madden 13?
Absolutely! 296 53.05%
Not this year! 107 19.18%
Maybe after seeing feedback from those with the game. 132 23.66%
Rent only 23 4.12%
Voters: 558. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 13: Buy or No Buy

i'm an online, play now, guy. day-one purchase for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #66
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30

Madden and NCAA Football are always a day one purchase for me.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:38 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You need to re-read both posts after yours.

The current percentage is a lot better than what I expected from this site at this point and is impressive.

Both who responded to you told you why.
I'm not going to argue with the poll numbers obviously they are what they are. But I don't really think it's representative of even all of OS at this point. You have to remember a lot of people who were completely turned off by the game and not buying aren't even around anymore. They heard the news decided not to buy and have moved on so they're likely not to even see the poll. There's also others who are not buying and are just sick of voting in these polls as I believe it's either the 3rd or 4th that basically says the same thing. So those people are around, but not exactly active or wanting to repeat themselves.

Just my theories and I could be wrong. Also, I voted for rental, but I'm very much looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback once the game comes out before I even do that. I really hope it's everything you guys are expecting it to be and more.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #68
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Pre-ordered 44.99 and I already know I am going to try out being:

Ryan Tannehill and hopefully turn the Dolphins around!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #69
Rookie

OPDriver's Arena

OVR: 2

It was a first day buy for me, but that has changed. Gonna read some reviews from fellow members here at OS first before I make a decsion.

Was really excited about it this year with all of the new RTP. However, with all of the features that have been removed and the arrogance of EA that excitement has went way down.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #70
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Absolutely not.

The inability to play any game on the schedule and to play all playoff games and the Super, even if your team isn't involved, is an absolute game-killer.

I like to play at least one game with every team through the course of my franchise in any sport.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 06-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #71
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
OS (or any "hardcore" sports site for that matter) in the grand scheme is minute to the vast amounts of people who play Madden.
The way I look at it is if I was still BOS (before OS) I'd see a new Madden and be pumped. I'd get it and game away and deal with what the game delivered. Just like the days before the NFL license, before I could edit, before draft classes etc...
IMO seeing OS have these high percentage of buys bodes well for EA.

And frankly sometimes I wish I was still that kid who only knew a new Madden was on the horizon.
Buy.

To the bold, I plan on going back to blissful ignorance after Aug 28th 2012 and will not be checking Madden internet forums until August 2013, with the exception of finding online slider sets and patch details.

I enjoy the interactions on OS but Madden is the ONLY video game I have ever become this obsessed with, due to the NFL exclusive, and became so privy to the "sausage making" process for.

CCM should allow me to regain the enjoyment of a complete multi-season online mode, like Live Opponent did for Madden 2007 despite its' game play flaws but with way more immersion and life for Madden 13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 17

Unfortunately with the lack of Edits, Create a Player and Team, Play any Game on Schedule, and just all around lack of Franchise Customization this game went from BUY to BYE!

However, in all honesty, I will certainly download the demo just to feel out the new physics engine they seem to be bragging about. But I have absolutely NO desire to have XBOX LIVE players replace the CPU and be part of my personal franchise experience. Playing them on occasion in just random non ranked games was enough for me to stomach....I simply cannot imagine what kind of freaky game play experiences I would have when there's actually more at stake...no thanks! I can count the authentic and satisfying matchups I've had on only my one hand and a few of my toes in about 100 or so games online. Just not for me.

I like a little more customizable control and playability in my Franchise....I'll revisit this game in another year. And Im honestly not very happy about saying this...i wish things were different

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »