Home

EA Sports Sim Community Demand Quick Fix - Madden NFL 13 DE Pass Rush

This is a discussion on EA Sports Sim Community Demand Quick Fix - Madden NFL 13 DE Pass Rush within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
EA Sports Sim Community Demand Quick Fix - Madden NFL 13 DE Pass Rush

We have talked about this already but I want to look at this not from the perspective of All Pro Football or any of the 2k games. I want to look at this within the framework of Madden/NCAA and I have already forwarded this and hope there is something that can be done. They can actually make the DE's rush better in Madden 13 by paying attention to the scripts and animations in their own animation engine. I saw this in the NCAA 13 demo (thus I know they have access to the animation script) but did not see it in any of the Madden videos from E3. It did not happen too much in the NCAA 13 video. When I saw it the lights came on. It's not the solution, but it is perhaps the best realistic quick fix they can make for Madden 13 to get the DE's to rush the passer more adequately.

It's not the end all be all but I think we need this script as a quick fix.

While it can look better, we gotta work with what EA is giving us. This script is in the game and looks decent so why not replicate it and have guys do it more instead of the bounce and keep bouncing animation. At least with this one there is an engagement and the DE actually dips his shoulder and there actually looks to be a struggle between the tackle and the DE. I think blitzing 3-4 OLB's deserve the same rush script.

Let me be clear on what I'm advocating. I think this script needs to play out more consistently through passing downs if you set your defense up to rush this way. Second, the guys coming off the edge need to get there a little faster than the LSU DE's in the video.

Separating players based on ratings would be the tricky part. I think this could help with making the elite pass rushers actually seem like they are on the field.
Another thing to think about since EA's system is based on wins and losses is what would a win for an offensive tackle look like in this scenario?

What do you guys think?
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
You should post this on the site.

www.easports.com/gamechangers

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: EA Sports Sim Community Demand Quick Fix - Madden NFL 13 DE Pass Rush

Yes Need more of that and less of the DTs instantly throwing their man

Quote:
****Give the Interior DTs and 3-4 DEs more of a Power Push animation and less of the completely coming free variety......Have em push the OL right back into the QB****

And let the ratings of the DL vs OL, like strength, determine the speed of the push
Note: In most cases the OL should always be getting pushed back a little

Heres an example:

Now the 4-3 DEs/3-4 OLBs need to shoot off the ball and get up the field fast taking away that immediate roll out out that so many people like to do in these games

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/495117-cpu-des-dont-use-their-moves-disengage-enough-off-edge-vid-inside.html

A post I had from last year when this crap 1st started pissing me off in NCAA

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 06-13-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #4
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6

Throes de's in APF kill me. Always Flushing me up.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #5
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7

You actually beat me to this topic/idea.Good stuff here ,I was thinking the exact same thing ,that if they take from the own coding we could get better and more realistic outcomes" regarding line play"(especially the collapsing of the pocket)!!!!GOOD STUFF!!!!!!

Mega
Football is in the building.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #6
Rookie

DocZulu's Arena

OVR: 0

Props. And I agree 100%. One of the major failings of Madden 12 is a lack of a natural passrush. This has made for a very unrealistic, offensive oriented game.

To make Madden 13 more realistic then must reward teams with strong passrushing Defensive Ends.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

What they need is dynamic blocking or whatever you call it. When people block in madden their both just standing there playing patty cake, there's no movement. If they had more movement in the interaction between the OL/DL then you would see de's attacking wider and actually forming a pocket for qb's to step into. People like dwight freeney or jared allen could actually become a factor.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7

Just wondering,do you guys think it's too late for the team to code this quick fix?

Mega
Football is in the building.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »