Home

"The Better Game of Football Debate" thrown a curve by CCM

This is a discussion on "The Better Game of Football Debate" thrown a curve by CCM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2012, 03:28 AM   #9
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: "The Better Game of Football Debate" thrown a curve by CCM

Even though some people are going to be so upset with some feature being removed from Madden there is so much new stuff such as players coming out of retirement, story lines, cpu trades, new progression system, and more. I think because of all the new stuff that Madden is getting it will outweigh the features lost.
Some people wont get the game but I think NCAA is going to suffer much more simply because of not being able to import draft classes and not having nearly as much added to the game as Madden has.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:54 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have not purchased Madden in years due to the lack of the online features. But since the news of CCM, I (and everyone in my OD) am switching to Madden. I can not help but feel somewhere down the line Madden looked at NCAA and the success they were having with ODs and wanted to get in on it. I know the general thought on the forums it that there are tons more offline franchises users then online, but I do not see any other way of explaining CCM. It seems with CCM the online community gets just about everything they could want while the offline get nothing. (feature wise)

As a strictly online franchise guy, I am very excited about this game and can not wait

Last edited by eason24; 06-14-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 1

The more I play the NCAA 13 demo, the more I beleive it has the infinty physics engine in it but it just isnt being advertised. Im seeing some very physics based suspicious reactions with players and ball deflections on QB throws during blitzes that look very much like Madden 13 has advertised the new engine would do.

So with the ability to play any game on the schedule and edit your rosters and attributes, Im am definitely switching to NCAA instead of Madden for my football fix this year...unless Madden makes a last second patch to include all the old franchise stuff back in their game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1
Here is my question: How many people REALLY edited rosters in season just to update gear and such? How many people playing a solo franchise really played other teams games? Personally I find that to be cheating kind of, but that's just me.

The two major issues are that you can't have multiple team franchises (bummer for college kids like myself who like to play with their roommates) and inability to add a different non-official roster to CC mode. Both are issues, but I fail to see how not being edit gear in season or such is a game breaker.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #13
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

Ive always bought madden and over the last few years and now have something to get excited about. Im a offline franchise guy and was upset with the progression, but now it sounds like the way the players perform is how the points go up and not a ovrall grade cap which I always thought was crap.
The thing I wonder is if your a player you go up progress as a player but if your a coach you go up as a coach so how do you get the rest of the team progressed.
All and all this year should be great even though it should have been done years ago.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #14
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbenti60
Here is my question: How many people REALLY edited rosters in season just to update gear and such? How many people playing a solo franchise really played other teams games? Personally I find that to be cheating kind of, but that's just me.

The two major issues are that you can't have multiple team franchises (bummer for college kids like myself who like to play with their roommates) and inability to add a different non-official roster to CC mode. Both are issues, but I fail to see how not being edit gear in season or such is a game breaker.
Just wait till your rookie QB has a lineman facemask, elbow pads, two gloves, dark visor and worst looking helmet in the game. You'll see.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #15
Nev
Rookie

Nev's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarnugskiN
which EA title do YOU believe will be the "better game of football" this year?
FIFA 13

I'm not a big NCAA fan but I was planning on getting it this year. That was until EA announced at E3 that Madden had a whole new "Career" mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #16
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

football is played on the field not in the setting menu or the player editor or even some ficticious franchise mode...it ON THE FIELD gameplay is what keeps me coming back and there is no doubt Madden 13 will be BOSS on the field this year...off the field is yet to be seen

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »