Home

Jimmy Fallon/Madden 13 Josh Looman Segment

This is a discussion on Jimmy Fallon/Madden 13 Josh Looman Segment within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Jimmy Fallon/Madden 13 Josh Looman Segment

Come on fellas, let's get real here. It has nothing to do with being an old Build or sliders. You shouldn't be able to do that regardless. I saw a video from E3 that had Christian Ponder rolling out to his left, doing a 360 and having defenders draped all over him and he made a perfect throw to Harvin over the middle. It's Madden, and they want the game to be "fun", remember? This, apparently, is "fun".

Madden NFL Arcade. Same nonsense year to year. I tried doing that in APF, and my QB literally had to turn around, and attempt to position his body in a way where he could actually physically throw the ball, and he could not. That's the difference. Madden is an arcade game, it's not for people who want a serious simulation. They want it to be "fun". Running around like a chicken with its head cut off and throwing bombs with your favorite players has always been a staple of Madden. That's what the people want, and that's what they get.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #74
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
I don't see why they would go on tv with an old build.
It was only 20 seconds who needs it to be a new build.
If it was recorded it could have been recorded weeks ago.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Come on fellas, let's get real here. It has nothing to do with being an old Build or sliders. You shouldn't be able to do that regardless. I saw a video from E3 that had Christian Ponder rolling out to his left, doing a 360 and having defenders draped all over him and he made a perfect throw to Harvin over the middle. It's Madden, and they want the game to be "fun", remember? This, apparently, is "fun".

Madden NFL Arcade. Same nonsense year to year. I tried doing that in APF, and my QB literally had to turn around, and attempt to position his body in a way where he could actually physically throw the ball, and he could not. That's the difference. Madden is an arcade game, it's not for people who want a serious simulation. They want it to be "fun". Running around like a chicken with its head cut off and throwing bombs with your favorite players has always been a staple of Madden. That's what the people want, and that's what they get.
There's a lot of starters in Madden 12 who can't make that pass. I've never played with the guys like Rodgers, Brees, or Brady, but I've never seen them make a pass like that when playing against them whether as a cpu or human opponent. I have a hard time thinking that suddenly in 13 that will be possible to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershock9958
There's a lot of starters in Madden 12 who can't make that pass. I've never played with the guys like Rodgers, Brees, or Brady, but I've never seen them make a pass like that when playing against them whether as a cpu or human opponent. I have a hard time thinking that suddenly in 13 that will be possible to do.
You can do it. I've been able to do it with Eli Manning on 12, and he has a slow release. You can still run off balance and make throws that are ridiculous.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #77
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Well, I went and tried to download the latest roster update, but EA said I already have the current rosters. Tebow should be what I posted in my picture. MiNiDiTkA, you should check again. There should only be one official updated roster.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #78
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
This is why I don't see how sim gamers can take this game serious! Ridiculous pass while stumbling/walking backwards!

Sorry guys, I just don't think EA can do anything besides arcade style sports titles. They should stick to NBA JAM and Blitz and get rid of the exclusive IMO.
I'd say it's less "can't" and more "won't". Websites like OS are not the bulk of EA's audience. The majority of the people who buy this series want to pop it in and put up huge numbers with their favorite players.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
I'd say it's less "can't" and more "won't". Websites like OS are not the bulk of EA's audience. The majority of the people who buy this series want to pop it in and put up huge numbers with their favorite players.
I would say it's both. I think they legitimately struggle with certain things because of ability, but I also think it's mostly what you say right here.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriano
This is TV guys.. Fallon had like 20 seconds of gameplay and he throws
a TD.. I am pretty sure they recorded this and pretended to play...

Looks like laundry ran to the side line.. User controlled.. Made no sense..
It would not be that hard to throw a TD, with a 2nd player helping you on D...
For all we know Tim Tebow's stats could have been altered to 99 everything...

And I am sure this was on Rookie with slider and stat aids..
Exactly. Imagine if Tebow drops back and throws a wobbly incompletion. Not exactly a great way to advertise the game as fun to people who probably are seeing Madden 13 footage for the first time in that broadcast. TV spots like that are scripted with the intent of advertising for the casual market. I'm not worried.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »