Home

Jimmy Fallon/Madden 13 Josh Looman Segment

This is a discussion on Jimmy Fallon/Madden 13 Josh Looman Segment within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Jimmy Fallon/Madden 13 Josh Looman Segment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
At some point it starts to seem more about taking every opportunity to espouse our preconceived feelings about the game, good, bad or indifferent, instead of just discussing something for what it is.
I'm not an online player, but I know I wouldn't find it funny if I could pressure a QB to throw off-balance, back-foot, and even get the ball in the vicinity of the WR (coverage notwithstanding).

Heck, half the point of disrupting the QB that way is so that coverage doesn't have to be wonderful. The pressure creates the bad throw.

I also would say "that's what it is" - bad that a QB could do that. Even on rookie or whatever - that move/play/animation just shouldn't even be in the game, let alone have any margin of success, imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #42
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

I am rehashing my stance because I just realized that God has been coded into the game (that's why the code is so complex and won't just change that easily), and that's why Tebow made that play.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #43
Pro

HeavyHitter55's Arena

OVR: 10

Seriously?

And that's why I only play people I know...

RIP J.J.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #44
Banned

pats3912's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
What does that have to do with the ability to throw a ball 80 yards while running backwards and being off balance?
thank you, took the words right out of my mouth. Ive already stated in this thread that it doesnt personally affect me because me and my friends dont play like this, we play more sim in our league. It's just the fact that if you can throw an 80 yard bomb on your back foot in this game, it just shows the developers really are not on the same page with us when it comes to creating a true sim game.

I'm not complaining, im really excited for madden 13, i just want a realistic challenge from a smart AI. As long as these things still exist in the game its going to just annoy me untill someone at EA with real football intelligence steps up and corrects these things. It doesnt take a great developer to look at these things and say "hey, that would be impossible in real life, we need to fix this." This is something people have been complaining about since madden 06! Why is it still there???? I dont care what difficulty it was set on, i dont care if the human controlled the db's and blew the coverage, you simply cannot throw an 80 yard bomb while running backwards. It simply defys the law of physics. For a game thats all about "physics" this year, you would think this wouldnt exist.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #45
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I'm not an online player, but I know I wouldn't find it funny if I could pressure a QB to throw off-balance, back-foot, and even get the ball in the vicinity of the WR (coverage notwithstanding).

Heck, half the point of disrupting the QB that way is so that coverage doesn't have to be wonderful. The pressure creates the bad throw.

I also would say "that's what it is" - bad that a QB could do that. Even on rookie or whatever - that move/play/animation just shouldn't even be in the game, let alone have any margin of success, imo.
I keep reading this post and trying to not misunderstand it in context of what you quoted of my post. What about my post do you disagree with?

If you are referring to where I stated I "LOLed" I was referring to the entire segment/skit, Fallon talking about how he is "really good" at Madden in spite of how he actually played, Tebowing while Tebow took the field, Looman seeming understandably nervous, Revis just being a prop, etc,. All for a few seconds of actually game play, that some people are now "breaking down" the good, the bad and the ugly for, even though there are tons of longer videos available to do that with.

I really have no idea what the point of that segment was other than for EA to market Madden with Revis and likely for Fallon to get a free game along with other perks. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #46
Rookie

MiNiDiTkA's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Which update do you have? I JUST took this picture from my roster file:

May 15.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I keep reading this post and trying to not misunderstand it in context of what you quoted of my post. What about my post do you disagree with?

If you are referring to where I stated I "LOLed" I was referring to the entire segment/skit, Fallon talking about how he is "really good" at Madden in spite of how he actually played, Tebowing while Tebow took the field, Looman seeming understandably nervous, Revis just being a prop, etc,. All for a few seconds of actually game play, that some people are now "breaking down" the good, the bad and the ugly for, even though there are tons of longer videos available to do that with.

I really have no idea what the point of that segment was other than for EA to market Madden with Revis and likely for Fallon to get a free game along with other perks. lol
I don't care what the point of the skit was or anything. The only thing that is important to us is what happened on the field. All it takes is one play to show us that what they said was fixed is actually still possible. One of the main things they were touting in the pass game playbook was that this kind of stuff was gone. I'm not going to stop taking Maddened for what it is until its on par with the elite sports games.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #48
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Going backwards, to his right, throwing with his left. How did he get that much distance with that ridiculous throwing motion? That was the worst looking throw I've ever seen in a video game. And now my expectations come crashing down. This is the Madden I know and hate. Too good to be true, as usual.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »