Home

Jimmy Fallon/Madden 13 Josh Looman Segment

This is a discussion on Jimmy Fallon/Madden 13 Josh Looman Segment within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #49
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Jimmy Fallon/Madden 13 Josh Looman Segment

Its Not a big deal. Clearly game sliders we involve. Something tells me people arent allowing this as possiblity cause its maddden.............
Old 06-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #50
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiDiTkA
Just checked his ratings and they are

Short throw - 78
Medium throw - 75
Deep throw - 77
Throw on the run - 83
Throw power - 88
Play action - 66
here what tebow ratings should be Short Throw 70 at best Medium Throw 66 or 67 deep throw 82 throw on the run between 85-88 Play Action 55
Old 06-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 28

Throw on the run is a modifier. It's not the rating that is used to determine if a guy can throw when running. It is a modifier that is factored into the regular throwing ratings when attempting to throw while running. Therefore, the higher the throw on the run, the less it's going to lower his throw accuracy when running. I don't care if his throw on the run is 100, no QB can make a throw like that in a situation like that. We saw the same thing with Christian Ponder in the E3 videos. He rolled to his left, did a 360 then threw a perfect strike to Harvin over the middle. Not to mention he had 2 defenders draped all over him. Arcade Madden at its finest. Business as usual over in Orlando...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #52
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I don't care what the point of the skit was or anything. The only thing that is important to us is what happened on the field. All it takes is one play to show us that what they said was fixed is actually still possible. One of the main things they were touting in the pass game playbook was that this kind of stuff was gone. I'm not going to stop taking Maddened for what it is until its on par with the elite sports games.
Ok, I totally get that then and you are right about some impression saying there was now a "penalty" for such a thing. I just really wasn't in critique the game play mode for a Late Night skit, like I would be for something like E3 videos.

So if someone stated, that is NOT possible on All-Pro or even All Madden and Fallon was playing that on Rookie or something, I would take that for what it is. I don't have a problem with things like that being available for people as long as there is some setting or way to make it NOT possible.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #53
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

Operation Sports+Madden=Awesomeness
Old 06-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 15

They said they fixed the back foot throwing in the first broadcast. Wow.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #55
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlpimpmonsta
Its Not a big deal. Clearly game sliders we involve. Something tells me people arent allowing this as possiblity cause its maddden.............
It's only a month until they're gonna make this game gold. And yet, we're still seeing stuff like this? It's not a good sign is all I'm saying. Typically with games, what you see now is what you get later. All this pre-alpha footage and work in progress is basically a marketing ploy. They're not going to make any monumental changes from now until release.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 4

Come on guys. Try to replicate this throw in M12, and I bet you would have a very difficult time doing so without messing with sliders and ratings.

The gameplay wasn't what was on display for this 20 second long 1:30am segment. Don't lose your heads over this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »