Home

CCM and Future Features: Poll

This is a discussion on CCM and Future Features: Poll within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: The option to turn on and off features within CCM would be great for everyone:
Yes 103 88.79%
No 13 11.21%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #49
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: CCM and Future Features: Poll

I voted "no" because the question is too broad.

For example, if you opened up some options for "everyone" it could break the mechanic of CC which is based on XP. There could be too many ways to get around the game and cause endless headaches for commissioners.

But if the poll had specified features, that would probably be different.

The reality is, I think, they used this year to install the basic CC system, and the more I think about it, the more it really seems like a new game. It's in that sense that "franchise mode," for example, is dead. There's a whole new XP based game in Madden now that no one can really judge now because no one has ever played it before.

With this system, you'd probably need layers of permissions for customizing some options, probably reserved to the league creator/commissioner, and even then, they'd have to have time to test the impact of how some edits would affect the whole web of interdependent program functions within the new mode, as the databases relate to each other for different game functions.

I'm all for customization. I miss a few things that I think could create real problem for the new mode. I really hate not being able to change a player's position, for example. But I think I need to see how this new game really works out, as it's going to be more like a gameplay system folded into an updated Head Coach 09 concept. As a general concept, I like that a whole lot.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7
I think this is the first time we have agreed LOL

You have a great idea because leagues that do no want certain features CAN turn them off but for most leagues and offline leagues, they would leave the features on.
Exactly......thanks man. My disagreements with you aren't personal of coarse and I'm just frustrated that EA removes functionality nonstop and it sucks. I'm happy with stuff that's been added and bummed about modes and functionality that's been removed thats all.

In addition, I did take not that in another thread over in NCAA you have now noticed that there is a difference in graphics between Xbox and PS3, so we agree on more than just this.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC

For example, if you opened up some options for "everyone" it could break the mechanic of CC which is based on XP. There could be too many ways to get around the game and cause endless headaches for commissioners.

The reality is, I think, they used this year to install the basic CC system, and the more I think about it, the more it really seems like a new game. It's in that sense that "franchise mode," for example, is dead. There's a whole new XP based game in Madden now that no one can really judge now because no one has ever played it before.

With this system, you'd probably need layers of permissions for customizing some options, probably reserved to the league creator/commissioner, and even then, they'd have to have time to test the impact of how some edits would affect the whole web of interdependent program functions within the new mode, as the databases relate to each other for different game functions.

I'm all for customization. I miss a few things that I think could create real problem for the new mode. I really hate not being able to change a player's position, for example. But I think I need to see how this new game really works out, as it's going to be more like a gameplay system folded into an updated Head Coach 09 concept. As a general concept, I like that a whole lot.
I was initially going to come in here and assert that any "no" votes are more than likely just troll votes, but you make a very valid point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #52
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

You know a question I would like to see the results to would be....

if All the guys who love this new Online Direction would be Ok "Sacrificing" a year in New CC Mode Features so that we get

Custom Playbooks
Watch/Play Any Other Franchise Game
Full Player Editing(Ratings Too) In CC Mode
Start CC with our own Rosters
NCAA Imports
Fantasy Draft

Any More that I missed(Theres been a lot so its hard to remember)

Back into the game for Madden 14

I want/think we should all push them to do that plus add new CC Features...But I think EA will try an divide the community again and say the obligatory:

"we have to make sacrifices...so such and such didn't make it this year"

So when Push Comes to Shove, Im interested to know how many of you would make a sacrifice like that without the supposed "Me..Me..Me.." Attitude thats been unfairly labeled on some of us ....Because Ive seen a lot of "You should be happy to Fall on the Sword" Sentiment toward the people who are upset about these omissions.

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 06-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC

In response to the bolded part I understand what your saying, but if you designed CCM with the ability to use XP and editing it would work. If you're concerned about the ability to edit bypassing the purpose of XP who really cares, its your game and if you want to change player attributes in addition to using XP at the same time go ahead. I know personally that I'd use XP in hopes that it works great and then just dial in any area of players attributes that I felt wasn't right IMO, like maybe too many players have 99 acceleration and its screwing things up, or someone comes up with proof that you could adjust an attribute like pursuit and it helps the gameplay. These are just examples and if it was something the user could turn on and off anyone could play the game however they want instead of under the confines of other people views on what matters.

With respect to leagues and commissioners you'd have the ability to chose what functionality you wanted in the league and if you're scared about things being abused you simply set up the league without those features available. One of the benefits of options is that it takes away all the fears that you just presented. You don't want the option to have editing and custom playbooks, no problem don't set it up that way. You do want editing and custom playbooks then just turn them on in the mode you're playing.......its so simple.

Last edited by DNMHIII; 06-17-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
You know a question I would like to see the results to would be....

if All the guys who love this new Online Direction would be Ok "Sacrificing" a year in New CC Mode Features so that we get

Custom Playbooks
Watch/Play Any Other Franchise Game
Full Player Editing(Ratings Too) In CC Mode
Start CC with our own Rosters
NCAA Imports
Fantasy Draft

Any More that I missed(Theres been a lot so its hard to remember)

Back into the game for Madden 14

I want/think we should all push them to do that plus add new CC Features...But I think EA will try an divide the community again and say the obligatory:

"we have to make sacrifices...so such and such didn't make it this year"

So when Push Comes to Shove, Im interested to know how many of you would make a sacrifice like that without the supposed "Me..Me..Me.." Attitude thats been unfairly labeled on some of us ....Because Ive seen a lot of "You should be happy to Fall on the Sword" Sentiment toward the people who are upset about these omissions.
How would those NOT qualify as adding CCM features? I don't think anyone is "sacrificing" anything in the event those things are added unless they remove other features within Connected Careers, so I'm not really understanding what you're getting at.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #55
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
It's because CCM has combined offline and online and features like player editing and Custome Playbooks has created fear amongst the online community that those features will be abused. This poll offers solutions to to challenges those features create and that's why I'm so surprised that people actually have voted no including yourself. All people want to do is have choices on how they play the game and CCM this year eliminated modes and features that could be added back in sometime in the future and be made available through the option to turn them on or off when beginning a mode that's all.

Why anyone voted no to this is really interesting and I wish they'de provide some feedback as to what supports that decision.
I misunderstood your original premise, so I'd like to recast as a yes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevj349
I misunderstood your original premise, so I'd like to recast as a yes.
Its all good.....I think I jacked it up a little and made it more confusing than it needed to be also.....lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »