Home

Accelerated Clock Issue. Is it still in M13?

This is a discussion on Accelerated Clock Issue. Is it still in M13? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #33
Banned

pajcbanned's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Accelerated Clock Issue. Is it still in M13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Why is it "asinine" in the last two minutes?

What's "asinine" is that suddenly subs and huddles happen immediately and you can get to the line faster by just quickly selecting your play, which lets your team huddle and sub in the same amount of time (actually much less) than if you went straight hurry-up offense.
Because, we are talking about an AC! The whole notion of an AC is asinine. If you want it to be realistic, just remove AC from the whole game.

If I want to do a quick huddle with 30 seconds left, I shouldn't be penalized by having 15 seconds go off the clock automatically. You see teams all of the time do a quick huddle within 2 minutes.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #34
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

I think they should completely overall change how they do accelereted clock. Or take it out.I mean some QB's might not be in a huddle that will take up to 20 or 30 seconds, or some might not have a huddle at all, but at the same time, some QB's might not have a huddle every play. In other words, they should make the coach be more relevant in the playcalling, so they he actually suggests certain plays, rather than either having gameflow or not.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #35

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumplayajc
Because, we are talking about an AC! The whole notion of an AC is asinine. If you want it to be realistic, just remove AC from the whole game.

If I want to do a quick huddle with 30 seconds left, I shouldn't be penalized by having 15 seconds go off the clock automatically. You see teams all of the time do a quick huddle within 2 minutes.
So you find it realistic to be able to change packages, pick a play and get to the LOS in 8 seconds?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #36
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
So you find it realistic to be able to change packages, pick a play and get to the LOS in 8 seconds?
I think he's referring to how in real life the coach will tell the QB a play immediately after the previous one so they can get to the LOS quicker, then change the play if he wants, or the QB will tell the other players the play in a quick huddle or tell them when lining up at the line.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #37

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
I think he's referring to how in real life the coach will tell the QB a play immediately after the previous one so they can get to the LOS quicker, then change the play if he wants, or the QB will tell the other players the play in a quick huddle or tell them when lining up at the line.
No, he said the whole idea of AC is asinine.

AC prevents the scenario I mentioned throughout the game.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #38
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
No, he said the whole idea of AC is asinine.

AC prevents the scenario I mentioned throughout the game.
I think the people you are debating this with, just might be like the people at EA, they just dont get the concept !

The accelerated clock should be ON all the time...period.

If you dont want to use accelerated clock, there is an option to turn it OFF.

But if someone really wants to use the accelerated for it's intended purpose, they would want it on ALL the Time !

Old 06-18-2012, 08:03 PM   #39
Banned

pajcbanned's Arena

Quote:
I feel like we are talking about a game- the game HAS to be balanced. We are playing 5 minute quarters (by default and online play) - not 12 minute.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #40
Banned

pajcbanned's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot

Exactly what I am referring to. Quick huddles and personnel changes can happen in less than 10 seconds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »