Home

How do you guys play on All Madden???!!

This is a discussion on How do you guys play on All Madden???!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2012, 07:20 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: How do you guys play on All Madden???!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
In all honesty, you beat All madden with cheese plays and glitch like tactics.
You need to check out some of my youtube videos of how I play the CPU with there sliders way higher then default All-Madden. I don't use any glitchy or cheesy stuff to beat the CPU. It's all about experience and knowing how to execute the plays. I have a huge playbook and mix up my plays on both sides of the ball. Only kids get a kick out of using cheesy tactics and glitchy plays. Anybody who believes you have to play like that to beat the CPU need to work on there own personal game and get better because you don't have to play like that at all. That is no fun.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 06-19-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
What's funny is that I was using your sliders Jarodd. And what's frustrating is there are certain things that skill cannot overcome. I mentioned how their QB ran over my DT and MLB. How can I overcome that? Even if I control a player i cant stop him from getting run over. And their running back was breaking so many tackles that I had to keep lowering the CPU breaktackle slider. And did u read the thing about my CB just not reacting to the receiver in front of him? I admit All Madden isn't as bad as it was on the old gen games, but I was getting pretty frustrated. That play where the QB ran over my MLB was a crucial 3rd downconversion for them. It led to them taking the lead with only like a minute on the clock. I managed to win the game, but I came pretty close to throwing my controller at the TV a few times. I guess I'll keep playing and hope I don't break my controller or TV.
Send me a PM and we'll discuss all the issues you are having and I'll help you develop some sliders to suit your style of play and some tips in the areas you are struggling with. You'll definitely have a different outlook about All-Madden. I've helped plenty of gamers who felt the way you do. It's all about recognizing you have to improve your game when jumping from All-Pro to All-Madden because everything is so easy on All-Pro. You have to think and mix up your playcalling with good strategy and you don't have to use cheesy tactics or exploits like some believe. Haha!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #11
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Send me a PM and we'll discuss all the issues you are having and I'll help you develop some sliders to suit your style of play and some tips in the areas you are struggling with. You'll definitely have a different outlook about All-Madden. I've helped plenty of gamers who felt the way you do. It's all about recognizing you have to improve your game when jumping from All-Pro to All-Madden because everything is so easy on All-Pro. You have to think and mix up your playcalling with good strategy and you don't have to use cheesy tactics or exploits like some believe. Haha!
Although I hate Jarodd21 with my whole heart and soul for supporting the Giants who knocked my 49ers out in the NFCCG, I can honestly say nothing negative about his sliders.

And he is more than willing to help you make some adjustments. I tried his sliders recently, and it opened up a whole new game experience. Can't wait to play Madden 13 with his sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've been playing Madden forever and a half and if I've learned one thing, it's this..ALL-MADDEN has been a laughable, infuriating difficulty for a very long time. I'm not sure about this years because, I haven't tried it yet (Barebones), but in Madden's past, ALL-MADDEN is total bs. Now before you say, "work on your game" and all that, I routinely won on that difficulty, but the game itself was so infuriating, the victory half the time didn't even seem worth it. It does come back (as alot of things in Madden do) to gameplay. Upping the difficulty itself, doesn't make the cpu playcalling more intelligent, it makes the cpu more superhuman, anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves. I put it this way...if you play bare bones ALL-MADDEN (no slider sdjustments) as if it were a true football sim, you will lose. You can't play the "Football way" You must play the "Madden football" way. Hot routes, audibles, play flips, line adjustments, motions, even calling a play you have no intention on running when you get to the line just to change the play and "fool" the cpu must be done on nearly EVERY play. And sometimes when you're right, you'll still end up wrong with Maddens inevitable, unavoidable supermoves lol. I'm not jaded, I have fun with it these days, but back when I was younger, Madden definitely cost me a controller or two. right up there with Midnight Club 2. Anyways, that's my two cents. Sliders are definitely necessary for the fun, challenging experience but never again will I play bare bones ALL-MADDEN, call it Post-Madden Stress Disorder or something.

Thank you to Jarrod and all who make these enjoyable sliders.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #13
Rookie

deadly738's Arena

I play on All-Madden with the CPU Sliders at 25. It works out pretty well, for me at least. I always get close games and I lose a few here and there. The CPU's cheating seems to be negated with the CPU Sliders at 25 & they still put up a good fight.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #14
Rookie

The problem with All madden is the the CPU plays like their on steroids and your team does not.

When the real fix would be to have the computer play smarter. But the computer is only as smart as the people who develop the game. And there lies the true problem.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 11

Every year I hear the same thing - sliders - and every year it's the same thing - sliders don't help.

1.) I have tried many different slider sets posted here, including Jarrod's, as well as my own experimentations, and the results are the same regardless of slider sets: when the sliders are in "All-Madden" territory, the CPU cheats. When the sliders are in All-Pro territory, the CPU can't beat me if I set the controller down and go make a sandwich.

2.) I am a player, not a developer, I shouldn't have to spend years, days, weeks even on sliders just to make the game playable. That is a blatant error and design failure that this is the case. Sliders should be to tweak the game, not make it playable. Especially when they still don't make the game playable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjoneshbk
I've been playing Madden forever and a half and if I've learned one thing, it's this..ALL-MADDEN has been a laughable, infuriating difficulty for a very long time. I'm not sure about this years because, I haven't tried it yet (Barebones), but in Madden's past, ALL-MADDEN is total bs. Now before you say, "work on your game" and all that, I routinely won on that difficulty, but the game itself was so infuriating, the victory half the time didn't even seem worth it. It does come back (as alot of things in Madden do) to gameplay. Upping the difficulty itself, doesn't make the cpu playcalling more intelligent, it makes the cpu more superhuman, anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves. I put it this way...if you play bare bones ALL-MADDEN (no slider sdjustments) as if it were a true football sim, you will lose. You can't play the "Football way" You must play the "Madden football" way. Hot routes, audibles, play flips, line adjustments, motions, even calling a play you have no intention on running when you get to the line just to change the play and "fool" the cpu must be done on nearly EVERY play. And sometimes when you're right, you'll still end up wrong with Maddens inevitable, unavoidable supermoves lol. I'm not jaded, I have fun with it these days, but back when I was younger, Madden definitely cost me a controller or two. right up there with Midnight Club 2. Anyways, that's my two cents. Sliders are definitely necessary for the fun, challenging experience but never again will I play bare bones ALL-MADDEN, call it Post-Madden Stress Disorder or something.

Thank you to Jarrod and all who make these enjoyable sliders.
You really should give All-Madden a try this year. The only thing about All-Madden that is still mess up is the CPUs pass blocking other then that everything else plays out smooth. Every route on the game is usable. On the last couple of Maddens you had to worry about the DBs mirroring the routes and jumping everything which limited the amount of routes you could use. That's not the case this year. As far as my style of play I do not audible to a different pass play from the one I call. I might hot route sometimes but not much because I'm always confident in the play I call. I'm real good at looking off my first read to my 2nd and 3rd option. I put in alot of practice time to perfect what I do. Some guys aren't willing to put in the work to get better. Alot of guys especially the one's who come from All-Pro have trouble adjusting to that because they're so use of there first read being open all the time. As far as running the ball I will flip the play over if it looks like the LB is going to crush the play when the run was originally suppose to go. QBs audible to different runs all the time in real life if a team stacks the box in the area where the play is suppose to go. I NEVER motion a WR.. It's not part of my scheme but I don't think you can exploit the CPU with thay anyway with my sliders.

When you raise the difficulty your right it doesn't make them smarter but it gives them a higher percentage of executing the play they do call. QBs throw the ball faster and on time on All-Madden. On All-Pro you see the QBs holding on to the ball taking stupid sacks and floating alot of passes. When the CPU runs the ball on All-Pro they hesitate alot in the backfield which results in a bunch of tackles for loss. On All-Madden they get the ball and try to find the open hole without hesitation. On defense they don't react to anything you do. That's why it's a big adjustments for guys that move up to All-Madden because what was working all the time on All-Pro with ease doesn't work every play on All-Madden.. They gameplay is just better on All-Madden and you have to be on point with everything you do. But they definitely made All-Madden much more enjoyable to play this year. I can undetstand some of the frustrations from years past. I just dealt with it for the Challenge because All-Pro doesn't do it for me. It never has and it never will.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »