Home

How do you guys play on All Madden???!!

This is a discussion on How do you guys play on All Madden???!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: How do you guys play on All Madden???!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
Elusive or trucking, a slot receiver shouldn't be doing that to Patrick Willis - in mid air. And it happens often.

And I'd chalk up that 3 TD comeback to just "randomness", except that kind of stuff happens on a regular basis.
Naw he shouldn't get trucked by a slot WR but the best of them miss tackles sometimes and like I said it hardly happens with my stud MLB. Ball carriers go down immediately when he gets his hands on them.

As for the 3TD comeback in less then 2 minutes I have yet to experience anything close to that.. On past Maddens the CPU use to get in super comeback mode but they definitely toned down on that this year.. You just have to play smart when you have a lead and control the clock. Some guys like to try and pad the stats(not saying you do that) and get themselves in trouble when the CPU does get hot in the 4th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I had a team get 27 on me in the 4th not too long ago, but it's really rare that it happens in my games. (Still won, and I made 4 turnovers in the quarter...)

I can say I haven't seen a WR evade a hit in mid-air before, unless I'm not envisioning it correctly as to what you're describing. I'm having an image of a WR that's gone up for a ball has it, Willis is coming to lay him out, and somehow the WR, still in the air, evades the hit?
Yeah I've seen the CPU explode in the 4th a few times but never in the last 2 minutes like that. I can see something random happening like that but not a regular thing..

I'm going to record some of the miss tackles where the elusive player slips off the tackle.. I know alot of guys get confuse with those kind of missed tackles like there player got trucked by an elusive player.. Those animations are off there elusive abilities.. Powerbacks trigger the trucking animations..
Old 06-19-2012, 11:45 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I had a team get 27 on me in the 4th not too long ago, but it's really rare that it happens in my games. (Still won, and I made 4 turnovers in the quarter...)

I can say I haven't seen a WR evade a hit in mid-air before, unless I'm not envisioning it correctly as to what you're describing. I'm having an image of a WR that's gone up for a ball has it, Willis is coming to lay him out, and somehow the WR, still in the air, evades the hit?
I'm talking about a slot receiver running a drag or slant route over the middle, he jumps for the pass, and when I go to tackle him while he's in the air, an animation triggers putting the receiver instantly on the ground, and my middle linebacker (Patrick Willis, since I run San Francisco exclusively) is then falling to his back while the receiver then runs up field for a 20 yard gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Naw he shouldn't get trucked by a slot WR but the best of them miss tackles sometimes and like I said it hardly happens with my stud MLB. Ball carriers go down immediately when he gets his hands on them.

As for the 3TD comeback in less then 2 minutes I have yet to experience anything close to that.. On past Maddens the CPU use to get in super comeback mode but they definitely toned down on that this year.. You just have to play smart when you have a lead and control the clock. Some guys like to try and pad the stats(not saying you do that) and get themselves in trouble when the CPU does get hot in the 4th.
I kill clock, but it is impossible to kill clock when the CPU goes into "psychically knowing your play" mode, and no amount of audibling or adjusting at the line fixes that, as the defense shifts to whatever my play call is accordingly, and thus automatically forces a turnover on the play no matter what the call is.

And it happens regularly to me. The Super Bowl example was just the most blatant one.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:00 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408

I kill clock, but it is impossible to kill clock when the CPU goes into "psychically knowing your play" mode, and no amount of audibling or adjusting at the line fixes that, as the defense shifts to whatever my play call is accordingly, and thus automatically forces a turnover on the play no matter what the call is.

And it happens regularly to me. The Super Bowl example was just the most blatant one.
I don't know man.. I guess you are just getting a bad experience out of your games because I hardly every get the CPU going in beast mode like that when I have a huge lead. The CPUs run defense is so weak this year that I have an easy time controlling the clock at the end of the game.. Your probably doing too much adjusting at the line of scrimmage.. Overthinking what you are doing and panicking especially after that superbowl collaspe. Start running the play you call especially up the middle or cut it back to a different lane if it looks clogged.. The run always opens up in the 4th. I wish I can see some videos of your games to see the issues you are having at the end of them..
Old 06-20-2012, 02:09 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 11

I wish I had videos too, but I can't take any now, Madden was a very early sell back this year.

Some examples of All-Madden cheese I have experienced:

-The Super Bowl Collapse, which consisted of:
-My manually controlled defensive backs not responding to my button controls, leaving a triple covered CPU wide receiver to catch a TD pass uncontested. This happened twice in the sub-2:00 comeback, despite pressing the pass defend button on both occasions, and none of the surrounding defenders made a play on the ball, they just stood there looking at the receiver make the catch, despite being in position to easily break up the play if they made an attempt on it.

-AI defense psychically knowing my play call, and auto adjusting to any and all adjustments made. My play call was a run up the middle right. The defense came out clogging that hole. I flipped the play, and the defense clogged the hole I swapped the play to. Audible into a pass, and the defense audibles, spreading out to cover all of my routes. I audible back into a run, up the middle, and the defense adjusts clogging the middle hole that I was running into. After I finally just run a play, the defense forces a turnover that they take in for a defensive score. This leads to an onside kick recovery (they had tried an onside kick on the previous kickoff that I got, but then of course conveniently turned the ball over on the first play), which leads to the 2nd triple coverage TD pass as described above.

Outside of the Super Bowl Collapse:

-Obviously pre-determined outcomes. For instance, in a game against the Baltimore Ravens, the Ravens took a huge lead on me in the first half. Second half, I bench my QB (Alex Smith) and bring in the backup (Colin Kaepernick). I forget how much I was down, but I seriously think it was something like 35-0. I do know the actual details are in the Madden '12 "How's Your Franchise Going" thread, but obviously it's going to be buried deep in there. Long story short, I make the comeback, and in the 4th quarter, I am within striking distance of taking the lead and winning the game. Basically, my defense has held Baltimore to nothing but 3 and outs all 2nd half long. It is now Baltimore's ball, 3rd and long (if I recall correctly, it was 3rd and longer than 10), I made the 100% exactly correct defensive call. As Patrick Willis, I completely blow up the run, hitting Ray Rice straight up in the backfield in what should have been a loss. But of course, an animation triggers having Ray Rice break the tackle in ways that were physically impossible, and Ray Rice runs off for 20+ yards, and securing the win. The way this play played out was an obvious AI preserving of a pre-determined outcome.

-I was manually controlling my RDE, in this particular formation, it was Aldon Smith. Smith's assignment was to rush straight forward. I made no defensive adjustments on this play. When the ball was snapped, despite me pressing down on the joystick to cover Smith's assignment, Aldon Smith became uncontrollable by me and ran straight for the nearest sideline. It was almost as if he was running a contain (despite that not being his assignment), but it wasn't a contain, as he continued running all the way to the sideline, and I couldn't regain control of him. Coincidentally enough, the CPU's playcall was a run right into the gap that Aldon Smith was assigned to fill up...

-I've watched this one happen more than a few times, where the CPU hits a short pass towards the sideline, and as the ball carrier now runs up field, my defenders run alongside the ball carrier not attempting to make a tackle. I'm not talking about chasing the ball carrier and not being able to catch up, I am talking about running directly side by side with the ball carrier without even attempting to make a tackle, where if they tried to, they would be able to easily tackle the ball carrier or knock him out of bounds. This is the best example I can give of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU8TeIxafXM

At least in that video, however, Heyward-Bey is trying to get an angle. This is not the case in my examples. They are just running alongside the ballcarrier.

-My defenders that don't respond to their assignments - I.E. a DB doesn't respond to a wide receiver's route, allowing him to become wide open.

-My above mentioned slot receiver mid air truck.

-Mediocre AI controlled defensive linemen tossing aside my highly rated offensive linemen as if they were kickers.

-QB's, regardless of accuracy ratings, missing wide open receivers by yards, and throwing right into the waiting hands of defenders. For example, I made a downfield pass one time, my receiver was streaking down one sideline, and the pass went to the other sideline...

-On the same token, wide receivers, regardless of catch ratings, dropping wide open passes. It seems to happen to me more regularly on much needed 3rd down conversions, and it really comes off to me as the added "defense" for All-Madden AI, that I could call the perfectly correct play for the situation, and take advantage of the defense's weakness, but the game will make sure that my players fail, regardless of the circumstances.

I'm sure I could add more to the list, but it's been awhile since I played Madden '12. Like I said, it was an early sell back. That's just what's off the top of my head.

There was also the time where the QB threw a pass, while getting hit, and after the pass was in the air, the wide receiver slipped in the rain, got up, and the pass still got to him in perfect stride as the defense stood around not making a play on the ball.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 3

I purchased M12 shortly after the Super Bowl, so I only experienced it after the final patch. That being said, I haven't seen these types of crazy glitches.
I enjoy All-Madden this year, much more than I anticipated. For me, I started off with both User/CPU sliders low and worked my way up, trying to maintain as much of an equal base set as possible.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Remember when John Madden would actually call games with Al Michaels? I always though there should have been an "All-Michaels" mode between All-Pro and All-Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 3

All-Michaels! Love it Haha!

I will also add, from my experementation with sliders in EA's games if you baloon matching sliders over 100 pts combined major warping, and bad things occur. What I mean by matching would be Human Brk Tkle vs. CPU Tackle, pass block vs. Pass rush, ect.
I now always make sure to keep those less than 100 pts combined.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »