Home

Connected Careers Running Diary

This is a discussion on Connected Careers Running Diary within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #33
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Connected Careers Running Diary

Love CC more and more every time info gets released

Can't wait to get my hands on it... Come on Aug
Old 06-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #34
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
I pulled this from the diary, too...

Week 4 ( missed the first week)
2:15 – Ok, so after 3 weeks I’ve only ained 2,225 XP. I can’t buy anything except for Contract Packages 1,050 XP for individual players, free agent pacjages for 787 XP for players, and 1,050 XP for XP Boost Package. Crazy!
I hate Cut Days, I have to cut 6 players.
Oh no, Reggie Wayne got hurt in a Preseason game and is out the rest of the year.

2:35 – Diving into Player Progression. I’m going to manually progress RG III, my HBs, WR, LBs, and DB
RG 3 had 1, 259 XP and does not qualify for any boosts. The lowest boost available was for 1,500 XP
Tim Hightower – had 1,274 XP again, nothing to spend on
Roy Helu – has 1,263 XP
Santana Moss – 1,699 but the only thing I could buy was Toughness that would move him from a 70 to 71

All of that above makes me sick to my stomach. I would much have preferred full editing, as just as I feared, XP boosting is going to take forever and is limited. It sounds like a freaking certain video game store's set up, too...you know...get so many points or else you don't get the free shirt or whatever.
Actually in the Josh Looman interview about CC he said that he was very much against any outside influence like paying with real world money to upgrade your guys.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:46 PM   #35
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
If anything we were suggesting to make it harder to earn xp through practice mode when I was there last time. Either way, no one is going up 5 points from practice. Same thing with scouting.g, we want important attributes per position to be very high point wise to unlock.

I have the utmost faith in Derek Adams, Dave Searles, and Emmdotfrisk to help get those dialed in this week.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
I think you're preaching to the choir. I was asking what it was he wanted.

I want it tough and I want it to mean something and be intelligent. Meaning I don't want to see a guys speed go from 75-85 due to practice XP gained. Generally people don't get that much faster once they join the NFL.

I'd rather see the options to improve abilities play to abilities that can be improved. Play recognition, strength, agility to an extent, awareness. I don't know how much the type of rating plays a role in what can be improve, my guess is not much but I would hope someday they make it smart...if that makes sense.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #36
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestServedCold
Actually in the Josh Looman interview about CC he said that he was very much against any outside influence like paying with real world money to upgrade your guys.
Correct, also remember, the guy set it to WEEKLY progression, do you honestly think he should have enough points to upgrade after preseason?

If guys do yearly progression, it will be a lot more normal. No one progresses every week or even close to that.

I want it to be a challenge to progress guys. I do not want my rookie QB going from 70 ovr to 80 ovr in a year. Maybe 70 to 73 or so if he has a really good season.

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 06-20-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
When a new coach takes over a team they have to deal with a lot of players that were brought in by the old coach. Those players may not fit the new coach's system so he has to get players that do fit his system through free agency, draft, and trades. The new coach is not going to totally redesign the team in his first year. This is why you should never judge a coach's performance on his first year with a team. This is also why some rusty performing players seem to be bring their career back to life when they start playing on a new team.

How they have it in the game is exactly how it works in real life. Sure some of the guys might work well with your system but don't expect the whole team to. If you want to bring a new system to the team you are going to have to make some changes.
But can you change your scheme in CC and then find the players that fit your scheme? I still don't know how you change your scheme.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #38
Rookie

themassacre771.1's Arena

OVR: 5

Is that it for updates?
Old 06-20-2012, 10:31 PM   #39
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
But can you change your scheme in CC and then find the players that fit your scheme? I still don't know how you change your scheme.
I am a little confused but I think "scheme" mainly dictates player OVR and development potential. However, it does not limit you to actually playing that way because you can select any playbook pregame.

So while we are able to still utilize whatever playbook we want, the "scheme" will still be a factor. I guess at some point if we have assembled enough pieces or maybe just over time, the "scheme" transition is happens.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:32 PM   #40
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestServedCold
Good! Because that would be horrible!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »