Home

Connected Careers Running Diary

This is a discussion on Connected Careers Running Diary within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #505
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Connected Careers Running Diary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
So that's cool, and there's really nothing anybody can say to you. So why are you making sure that every poster knows that it's not good for you? Why not take that to EA?

You've said your peace. There are multiple threads that talk about disappointment with CCM, so why do it in this one?
Oh, people can say something to me I'm not trying to say that, but I find it rather bad form to get told that I can't criticize it without playing it, only for people to turn around and respond to me by saying "I don't need to play it to know I'm gonna like it"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #506
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
So its okay to be happy without playing it, but its not okay to be unsatisfied without playing it?

I don't have to play it to know I don't like the XP progression system, and since player editing is important to me (at least jersey #'s, I never edited ratings) as well as custom playbooks, I know this could very well be a worse Madden for me.

I don't really want to argue your feelings because they are yours and you are entitled to them. But how can you know that? I'm really just trying to get an understanding of that from your perspective because I don't get it.

For me, I'm willing to give this XP progression a try for one reason. Fred Davis. When Fred Davis first came out in Madden Donny Moore gave him a "D" for progression despite his being the second TE taken, coming out of USC and having a great body. So in my Skins franchise the best he could ever become is a mid 70's player. The next year his progression was a "C"....

I think this new method will offer more "strategy" into games. No more is it only playing the top guys on your depth chart, now you as a coach are going to have to find situations to get more of your 53 into the game.

But I would like to hear why you don't think you will like it. Seriously, I made statements early on about not wanting to play an RPG with my football, but I have come around and want to give the mode an honesty try. So again, I'm not trying to belittle you, I genuwinely want to know what about the XP system you don't like.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #507
Rookie

OVR: 0

For me it's just too much control. I'm willing to give it a try but I doubt i'll like it. My reason is Jamarcus Russel. Under this new system, if I drafted Jamarcus Russel it doesnt matter how much of a bust he was. I can still put in time and make him the best QB in the league. In reality Jamarcus Russel was never going to be the best QB in the league, no matter how much practice he put in.

I like that bad looking players can become good. But how often does it really happen, especially at the big skill positions. Not everyone is Tom Brady or Kurt Warner, but in this situation anyone can be cause the user says so. That's my thoughts on it anyway, but I hope i'm wrong for sure. I love everything else about CCM.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #508
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

I'm gonna lock this up...we have discussed the other issues to death and the conversation is no longer about the diary.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »