Home

Madden: Replicating Real Life

This is a discussion on Madden: Replicating Real Life within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Madden: Replicating Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
I just hope that one of the devs take a look at this.
This should be stickied or something.
I am sure Dewiel will come across it.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #34
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

Great thread Phobia, I truly hope the developers look at this.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Added the great in-sight into the flaws with the current blitz system done by none other than our defensive guru LBzrules!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #36
Rookie

Icarus2k9's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
More realistic progression system instead of the fantasy XP stuff.

More realistic, hidden representation of a players potential in every rating.

More realistic representation of scouting, and player evaluations. We should get a scouts/coaches perceived view of a player. The players actual abilities should be hidden, except for physical attributes that are easily measured.

More realistic representation of coaching staff, scouting staff, abilities. Their ability to evaluate should influence how accurate the perceived view of a player is. A coaches ability to teach should effect progression. Head coach, assistants and positional coaches.

More realistic representation of an off-season, OTA's, Training Camp, Pre-Season, and Season practice schedules should be set up for both team and individual drills to simulate, effecting progression. Sierra Front Page Sports had something like this in their football game decades ago.
All of this please. Whenever I start to question my own desire for Madden to be hyper realistic off the field, wondering whether that would actually be more fun, I just remember the cult of Football Manager over here in blighty, and realise people lap up the hunt for the next great thing.

I wrote a blog a long while back that no-one liked or no-one read, don't know which, but here's what I argued in relation to consolidating the problems of people who wanted stats to drive progression and potential to drive progression (ignore all references to other blogs, own clamourings for adoration, etc).

http://www.operationsports.com/Icaru...tial-boogaloo/

If you can get ratings to truly matter, then this system would be a fantastic way to do it in my opinion. Have all the factors Bucky mentioned about perception come into the ratings at the beginning of the season, then have all the factors that truly come into a player becoming great affect that "hidden" ratings table.

Yes, XP is more hands-on and fun, but I personally believe the fun should come from finding the next great prospect, not creating it artificially. (Ignore all derailment, carry on with absolutely awesome thread please).
Old 06-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #37
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Presentation Improvements

Madden seems to be going with a CBS Inspired theme so they need to add this or something like it for halftime during CCM. There needs to be that immersion of what's happening around the league as you are playing your game every week.

After each week of CCM there should be a recap show including a top ten plays of the week, would love to see something this good.

As the season winds down there should be a Playoff Scenarios graphic with commentary supporting it during the weekly wrap up show in CCM.

Similar to NCAA Football 13, Madden 14 should have a score and stat ticker at the bottom of the screen.

During quarter breaks and timeouts show cheerleaders and random crazy looking fans close up(obviously would need to improve crowd and cheerleader models for this) but this is what you see in the real NFL on Sundays.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-23-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

The more and more video's of Madden 13 I watch from E3, the more and more I get fustrated at how little Madden has come in the years. This game is STILL way, way behind in simulation and realism. From the gameplay, to halftime shows, to sideline interaction. It's still not even close to how the real game of football is played. It's sad that the game has turned into a mockery of the sport and offers little as to how football is played and shown on Sundays'. After watching hours of video and trying to find something that would make me want to buy and play this game for another year, I've finally given up. I have seen that Madden is nothing like the game of football but yet a game that takes no brain and strategy to play. Yeah, it's just a game but this is a game I've bought and played since '95. So this year it will come to an end. Buy buy Madden. May your legacy live on and hopefully have me return to the days of '95 when I was proud to be good.

RIP Madden 1988-2012
Old 06-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #39
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wat3
The more and more video's of Madden 13 I watch from E3, the more and more I get fustrated at how little Madden has come in the years. This game is STILL way, way behind in simulation and realism. From the gameplay, to halftime shows, to sideline interaction. It's still not even close to how the real game of football is played. It's sad that the game has turned into a mockery of the sport and offers little as to how football is played and shown on Sundays'. After watching hours of video and trying to find something that would make me want to buy and play this game for another year, I've finally given up. I have seen that Madden is nothing like the game of football but yet a game that takes no brain and strategy to play. Yeah, it's just a game but this is a game I've bought and played since '95. So this year it will come to an end. Buy buy Madden. May your legacy live on and hopefully have me return to the days of '95 when I was proud to be good.

RIP Madden 1988-2012
Even after hearing how much the game has improved since E3 from the community day guys and not having played the demo or the game itself? Seems a little premature to me, but to each their own. I expect we will see you back playing Madden in a year or two at most.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #40
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

WAIT WAIT WAIT

Phobia, you should add more to the audible part.

You mention how Madden needs to properly incorporate how audibles are done based on how knowledgeable the QB's are. Guys like Peyton Manning, and sometimes Brady often send guys in motion, and call audibles, however, Madden allows you to make all the adjustments you want, no matter what QB you are. They need to make it in a way in which not all QB's would be allowed to do that. I mean that's why some QB's call timeouts. Because they might not have the trust to make all the adjustments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »