Home

Sounds like Commentary has improved since E3

This is a discussion on Sounds like Commentary has improved since E3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Sounds like Commentary has improved since E3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
We need someone down there to check on DE's rushing the passer and crash line right/left as opposed to run commit. Don't allow them to go Ostrich on us and stick their head in the sand about it.
I totally agree on this..i sorta gave up on hopes of them fixing this many moons ago though..because they don't see the problem or the engine is unable to adapt to improvements for this aspect for some odd reason. If done right would add so much more realism to both running and passing in this game.

By the way..i remember when you joined back in July 2002 because that was right when i when i joined and you had a ton of good feedback from the start as you still do now..hard to believe we been here for 10 years lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #26
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I just heard from Shopmaster they are getting a new build after lunch, man there must be like 50 million builds of the game out there or something.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #27
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yeah good stuff here guys, lots of CCM questions being answered

http://forums.traditionsportsonline....s-at-ea.79252/
The stuff about OVRs and skills dependant on team scheme just made me shed a little tear

Old 06-21-2012, 02:30 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 4

I don't know how I feel about EA not officially releasing any new game-play video since E3 at all. You'd think there might be a couple new vids between then and now instead of controlling when a select few can see what they want them to see in certain builds of Madden.

Last edited by Jimi XIII; 06-21-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #29
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
I feel that it is in good hands...

I never ready liked the old dev team cuz I remember Cummings saying RTP wouldnt be possible with this generation of hardware...their favorite line was "maybe next year" lol

And look what happened when he got the boot...RTP booooyahhh
I don't think Ian ever said that RTP wouldn't be possible. He wanted to know how the technology would work in a football game. Backbreaker served as a test of how it could work in a football game.

Also, from what was released to the public, Ian and Phil left on their own volition. They weren't booted. The current team seems to be doing a great job, especially with the release of big new features like Connected Careers and the Infinity Engine. However, those additions were years in the making and Ian likely had something to do with them. The current team consists of many members that were there for years, some there for as long as a decade. The line, "maybe next year," still exist with them. That's just how things are with yearly sports titles.

On another note, it is nice to know that the commentary has been improved since E3.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #30
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
It will take a lot more than changing the scoreboard and improving the commentary with Jim and Phil to make me believe they are putting in what we ask. If that is the case and based off the amount of threads in here, then In Franchise Editing along with 32 team control(at least for OFFLINE players) would be patched in before the game comes out.
Why don't you let them polish the GAME PLAY right now and then patch in stuff like this after release?

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #31
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
That all sounds great. I am even more interested in team specific sounds as that adds some variety to playing in different stadiums.
Someone just told me "Go Pack Go" is in the game and it sounds improved, I just asked if In-com-plete was in too, haven't found out on that one yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2012, 08:24 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 16

Since everything about gameplay is out, why aren't people doing videos of the gameplay now, while it's less noisy than E3?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »