Home

CC Roster management

This is a discussion on CC Roster management within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
CC Roster management

How does the roster handle different player types? Say I'm a power running team, but I want a scat back 3rd down back. Are those scat backs not going to want to be on my team even though they are exactly what I need for that role? And what about WR and D lineman. Most teams want different types of players for the different slots in the same position group. (slot receiver/big redzone target) or (pass rushing RE/run stopping LE) Is it always going to be harder to fill out both sides with quality players?

I know there are 9000 draft players. Are there 30 preset classes, or are 300 or so players pulled from the 9000 to make a class?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: CC Roster management

I think I read something about being able to choose a preference for each position with being able to differentiate it for depth chart position. For example: RB1 style, RB2 style, WR1 style, WR2 style, etc. Im not sure how deep it goes though
Old 06-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjneff
I know there are 9000 draft players. Are there 30 preset classes, or are 300 or so players pulled from the 9000 to make a class?
From Shopmaster's blog:
"So I had a talk with Donnie Greenfield today and he explained to me the amount of possibilities for branching storylines, classes, player names. There is a 1 in 1000 chance you will have the same class as another league."

So it seems like it should be random, but it also sounds like there's a lot of variables in place so that even a draft class that looks the same may turn out different.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #4
Rookie

Thanks for replying, both good news which is few and far between for me this year.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:40 PM   #5
Rookie

Does anyone know if they have, or have thought about, updating the outdated depth chart they use? We should have a more NFL like depth chart with X, Y, Z receivers and nickel corner vs outside corner and nose tackle vs 3 tech and so on. Also need a place for short yardage back and 3rd down pass rushers. Would be a lot better to just set it in the depth chart then always flipping through sub packages that don't have all the packages that I need.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »