Home

Madden 13 Physics have improved since E3

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Physics have improved since E3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #9
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden 13 Physics have improved since E3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
You should be excited by those quotes, they are coming from two of the harshest critics of Madden out there.
Here's what I think the thing is JP. I am excited about CC because it's been so long since I have enjoyed an immersive living league with friends. CC, even with its' admitted shortcomings and unavoidable flaws, seems like it will still provide a complete NFL experience, off the field for me. However, with regards to game play even with RTP and the seemingly other fundamental football advances made, it will still likely play an incomplete game of reasonable NFL football, with "reasonable" being determined by what football games before it accomplished. Just to be clear, that's not some reference only to "that othe game" but to ALL football games before M13, even last-gen Maddens and next-gen Maddens.

So it's not about Madden just getting better or even changing into a new game for some people, it's about Madden providing what each gamer feels is a reasonably complete NFL experience on and off the field, with "on" the field being paramount for some. It gets cliche' but it's true that everybody is different and M13 will be a mixed bag for people. I found a way to enjoy M07 on 360 simply because of Live Opponent and there is no way M13 will not be better than M07 for me. However for others, Live Opponent, CC or even RTP are likely not enough to overlook what's still missing and I fully understand and respect that.

You seem like a good guy and I am just trying to give some perspective on at the end of the day every reasonable NFL gamer just wants a current NFL game they feel is complete and can enjoy. So until they feel Madden is that game for them, it won't be, no matter what other people say or how other people feel about it.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #10
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7
All you do is complain about the game, why even bother posting here until next year? Do you think people like to hear you whine? Honestly?
Exactly, give some constructive criticism, point out pros and cons, saying wake me up when Madden 14 comes out doesn't help anyone or prove anything.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7
All you do is complain about the game, why even bother posting here until next year? Do you think people like to hear you whine? Honestly?
Careful. He has as much to voice his opinion as us all.

IMO, I like the more pessimistic comments. There are a lot of (almost too much) optimisitc news out there. Especially coming out of EA. But that is the hype train.

Back on topic, I love the idea of real physics in Madden. But in the videos it just didn't look quite ryte somewhere, almost clunky or something. I have every impression that it will be next year that it is running smooth.

However, if they are still tuning, great job guys. Maybe they can get it close on 13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
To each their own but I think judging the game based on a video from Youtube vs playing the game for yourself is like seeing a picture of a girl and talking to her on IM only vs seeing and spending time with her in person.
Hey JP, I have a question for u? Taking out physics from Madden, what makes this game worth $65?
Old 06-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 1

I believe everyone has a right to be disappointed if something they were hoping to see doesn't make the cut...but I don't believe people should "complain."

Basically, it's like this: When I saw the Avengers, I was disappointed with how one character was portrayed (it doesn't matter which one, this isn't an Avengers discussion). So I just won't buy it when it comes out. It's the only option if I want an Avengers movie, but it didn't do it for me. I'm disappointed . but instead of complaining , I won't buy and will wait for Avengers 2.

Madden is similar; I'm disappointed I can't have Montana & Rice on the same team. But instead of complaining, I'm happy that I get Joe OR Jerry on mu team. People have been crying for physics & immersiveness for years...now it's here. Concessions sometimes have to be made. It's EA's game, so you either play it the way it's meant to be or you find something else to do. It reminds me of those who change the Free Parking rule on Monopoly, because "it's my game, I'll play it how I want to."

And if a purchase hasn't been made in many years, shouldn't you be used to the fact that maybe Madden isn't for you by now? People are always saying, "I'd sacrifice graphics for (fill in the blank here)." Okay...those old games that have what you want are still available; the exclusion of player editing doesn't mean they don't work anymore.

Now here comes the "you're wrong because blah, and you should realize that some people blah."

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 06-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Hey JP, I have a question for u? Taking out physics from Madden, what makes this game worth $65?
Ccm... Plus all of the updated Gameplay mechanics... To some, the presentation upgrades. Should I keep going?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Taking out player editing, what made M12 worth $65 last year? Besides the lifeless franchise mode & lack of physics, that is.

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #16
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Here's what I think the thing is JP. I am excited about CC because it's been so long since I have enjoyed an immersive living league with friends.
This makes me sad panda...it isn't hard to find a fun experience if you look, even with the craptastic online franchise mode M12 had.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »