Home

Madden 13 Physics have improved since E3

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Physics have improved since E3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #17
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 13 Physics have improved since E3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Hey JP, I have a question for u? Taking out physics from Madden, what makes this game worth $65?
Taking out Legends from NBA2k12 what makes it worth $65?

Taking out physics from FIFA12 what made it worth $65?

Now I'll answer your question, Connected Careers, new and much improved commentary(one of M12's biggest weaknesses), improved audio in general(crowd, team chants, new qb cadences), new pre/post game presentation, virtual twitter feed(adds a lot of immersion value to career mode) Legendary coaches and players in CC, no psychic defenders(another huge problem in M12), improved catch animations, new pass trajectories allowing you to "throw wr's open", new draft presentation, cpu trades, progressive lighting and skies, new field degradation, improved field art, motion blur(it makes a difference in the way the game looks)

I realize a good amount of that was Presentation stuff but you asked me to take out physics so keep that in mind because physics changes many things when it comes to gameplay.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-22-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Taking out Legends from NBA2k12 what makes it worth $65?

Taking out physics from FIFA12 what made it worth $65?

Now I'll answer your question, Connected Careers, new and much improved commentary(one of M12's biggest weaknesses), improved audio in general(crowd, team chants, new qb cadences), new pre/post game presentation, virtual twitter feed(adds a lot of immersion value to career mode) Legendary coaches and players in CC, no psychic defenders(another huge problem in M12), improved catch animations, new pass trajectories allowing you to "throw wr's open", new draft presentation, cpu trades, progressive lighting and skies, new field degradation, improved field art, motion blur(it makes a difference in the way the game looks)
lol I dont know if the legends were the best part of 2k12.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 9

This is the improvement that I've been waiting to here. Glad the physics have been improved on, anything to upgrade the core gameplay.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #20
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Hey JP, I have a question for u? Taking out physics from Madden, what makes this game worth $65?
i'd have to say even without physics, ur still getting a complete teardown of online, offline, and superstar. fully rebuilt and u can intermix the perspective that each of the 32 ppl in the league are playing from(coach or player on the field(existing or created). and it can be customized, to have ppl play it anyway u want...everyone being a coach, everyone being a QB only, everyone being a cb, etc.

for alot of ppl, having a fully working online franch wouldve been enough. now you have that plus offline and superstar all brand new AND physics. yea theres no editing and draft classes which does suck, but u cant overlook all the work that has been done. for once, we're talking major changes to game modes and gameplay in one yr. its def worth my $65. yea '14 will be better(as it should) with ol/dl and cb/wr interactions and prolly the editing and draft classes back, but im not gonna pass up a good installment to wait.
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 06-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #21
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
Careful. He has as much to voice his opinion as us all.

IMO, I like the more pessimistic comments. There are a lot of (almost too much) optimisitc news out there. Especially coming out of EA. But that is the hype train.

Back on topic, I love the idea of real physics in Madden. But in the videos it just didn't look quite ryte somewhere, almost clunky or something. I have every impression that it will be next year that it is running smooth.

However, if they are still tuning, great job guys. Maybe they can get it close on 13.
I respect peoples opinions buddy, but opinions are not, "This game sucks, Call me when 14 comes out", that is just blah blah crap we do not need around here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 10

[quote=CRMosier_LM;2043794010]Ccm... Plus all of the updated Gameplay mechanics... To some, the presentation upgrades. Should I keep going?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE

Hey CM, what about pass blocking and penalties like DPI/OPI? We still don't have a clue about the challenge system, so it might be identical too 12. Presentation is more about the audio than anything, because u only get a montage at halftime like last year, just a little longer. We still haven't got a full game preview yet and I'm just wondering why the hype, when the deep core fundamentals are still broken in the game. Just asking, everyone is entitled too there opinion and money they spend.

Last year I waited about 2 months before I purchased madden12, it lasted 3 weeks after playing it before I traded it in. The lack of OPI/DPI penalties and terrible line play blew it for me. So it seems the same in a way, because they have said they only tuned the line and OPI/DPI is a mystery. I'll be looking forward too the reviews from the guys on this sight, because those two issues I'll be asking indepth when the game come s out.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #23
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

Sorry for whining without being constructive, considering the many other times I've shown some detail in other threads, and especially how much YOU praise and try to get everybody to think Madden NFL 13 is going to be great without mentioning much either.

I know, the post was in the wrong thread, so sorry for creating a schism.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 8

Sounds great for people who play online...Glad they have made it a little better than what we seen at E3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »