Home

Game Speed - CC (Online Franchise)

This is a discussion on Game Speed - CC (Online Franchise) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
Rookie

xTriiipZx's Arena

OVR: 5
Game Speed - CC (Online Franchise)

What's up guys. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the "game speed" setting for this game.

In past years you could play on very slow, slow, normal, fast and very fast when you were playing offline.

However, when you go online the default was set to "normal"

With the new CC are we going to be giving the option to finally change the game speed for "online" cc play?

Are the different game speeds even options anymore? I haven't heard anything on it.

I know many "sim" style players felt that the slow game speed made for a much more realistic experience. Just wondering if there has been any word.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

Re: Game Speed - CC (Online Franchise)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTriiipZx
What's up guys. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the "game speed" setting for this game.

In past years you could play on very slow, slow, normal, fast and very fast when you were playing offline.

However, when you go online the default was set to "normal"

With the new CC are we going to be giving the option to finally change the game speed for "online" cc play?

Are the different game speeds even options anymore? I haven't heard anything on it.

I know many "sim" style players felt that the slow game speed made for a much more realistic experience. Just wondering if there has been any word.

Thanks!
There are sliders, so imagine there will be the option to adjust game speed as well. I'm excited to run a CC with slider tweaks to help off-set some repeat Madden issues like a lack of pass rush.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Just posted this i another thread but posting it here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
To confirm I am not imagining this, because I very well could be, can others that still have Madden 12 go in and change the "Game Speed" to slow or very slow, to see if they think zig-zag running is still an issue. I tried this last night, using "very slow" in an online unranked game with a friend and it seemed that zig-zag running was NOT possible on that setting. Now, I had never tried this before because in M10, I think, slow and very slow seemed to just put the entire game into slow motion but that doesn't seem to be the case with M12. It seems like Game Speed only effects change of direction, not the actual pace of game play.

Some others please confirm or debunk this by hands on testing because maybe my Game Speed isn't working or something. lol

If this hold true though, this is great news for CC, since sliders are available this year.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

Wait you want to edit or change something? I thought none of that was allowed this year. You will change nothing!!

In all seriousness though I think this option to change will be in the game from what I hear.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

yes in one the video at e3 shows u options what game speed and all the options for offline will be for online as well so if u want play slow or fast u can
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Just posted this i another thread but posting it here too.
The Gameplay is exactly the same so in essence, yes it is still there, just everyone moves slower.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
The Gameplay is exactly the same so in essence, yes it is still there, just everyone moves slower.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
So you are saying you used very slow or slow in M12 or M13? Also, I understand everyone moves slower but the issue with zig-zag running is the instantaneous change of direction, side to side, backwards and forwards.

So when I tested this last night in an online unranked game, very slow seemed to restrict those instantaneous movements, ie zig-zag running. Are you saying that when you slowed the game speed down, instantaneous change of direction was still possible?
Old 06-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #8
Rookie

xTriiipZx's Arena

Quote:
So you are saying you used very slow or slow in M12 or M13? Also, I understand everyone moves slower but the issue with zig-zag running is the instantaneous change of direction, side to side, backwards and forwards.

So when I tested this last night in an online unranked game, very slow seemed to restrict those instantaneous movements, ie zig-zag running. Are you saying that when you slowed the game speed down, instantaneous change of direction was still possible?
Yes. The gameplay is essentially just slower... but the main issues with gameplay in Madden are the ones involving locomotion. When you turn the game speed down to slow or very slow I promise you will notice an improvement in play.

The zig-zagging and change of direction will still be a problem, but it's not even close to being as bad. I really don't know how to explain it. I just know that many of us in our online franchise felt it provided a more realistic game.

(Not trying to bash a game and start a debate here. I enjoy both 2K and Madden) Go pop in APF 2K8. Then pop in Madden and play with the game speed on normal. APF is much much much slower paced. It just gives a smoother feel.

Very excited to hear that we will have the option to change this. Thanks for the responses

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »