Home

Gaming Examiner: Madden 13 Interview with the Developers

This is a discussion on Gaming Examiner: Madden 13 Interview with the Developers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Gaming Examiner: Madden 13 Interview with the Developers

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
@bucky you dodged my question. i asked how do you decide which real life rookies and young players get high potential ratings and which get low ones.
I did answer. I said I was OK with both, neither or one or the other as long as in the end the drafts follow a realistic statistical norm and deviation. I don't decide anything, those that make up the Rosters decide that. All I care is that the drafts, potential and progression follow a real life model within a realistic statistical norm and deviation. I didn't really dodge anything. In real life, both, neither or one or the other could be busts. Why do you say I dodged the question?
Old 06-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #98
Rookie

Sheen_O_Mack's Arena

OVR: 8

It would be nice if it was different every time you started a CC. It could potentially be a different Franchise every time you started a different CC, especially with the draft classes having a wide range of outcomes.

Since there is no way IRL we can tell who will pan out or if either would pan out (RG3/Luck). That being said there should be a option to have potential set at what ever the devs decide (or who ever does it) for those who want Luck and RG3 to have high potentials like they most likely will have (just my guess).
Old 06-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #99
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

@bucky you are dodging how a potential system is set for real players. you are just saying that its fine as long as the statistical norm is held up, but you don't say how an individual player's potential is gotten. do you get the norm and then randomly assign them based on that? that would be the only way to have gems and busts.

@Sheen i would be ok with that i guess. but you see players every year that seem mediocre and get traded or released and then blossom in a new system. doing it that way doesn't account for that.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #100
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
@bucky you are dodging how a potential system is set for real players. you are just saying that its fine as long as the statistical norm is held up, but you don't say how an individual player's potential is gotten. do you get the norm and then randomly assign them based on that? that would be the only way to have gems and busts.
I'm not dodging anything. I've said a few times, I don't care how, or who, is chosen to be gems or busts. That's not up to me. Whoever sets up the rosters would make that decision. Whether someone does it by hand or the computer does it dynamically. Either way, with the correct potential system in place, you have gems and busts. All I care about is that it follows a realistic model. Why don't you understand this? Or ask your question more precisely.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #101
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
I disagree, to me it show that they rushed a back of the box feature in the game. They shouldn't have included connected careers until they could make it work with all the features they had in previously. Connected Careers was rushed in as a feature to promote, but it is not 100% operational, hell its barely 75% operational.
You and I have a very different definition of a "reasonable reason"

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #102
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheen_O_Mack
I don't see it as being completely unrealistic. As a coach when you draft a player/take over a team you are going to coach them in the areas that are going to most benefit your scheme, i.e if you play primarily zone then your are going to coach up your player on zone coverage, same if you are going to play man. With DE if you want a guy to be a premier pass rusher you are going to spend less time on run stopping mechanics. You will get guys who are studs all around so you may just teach them both but most players are not those studs. This gives you the option of progressing players in a way that fits your scheme not just hope the game develops him in a way that will help you.
Could not agree more with this

Old 06-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
I disagree, to me it show that they rushed a back of the box feature in the game. They shouldn't have included connected careers until they could make it work with all the features they had in previously. Connected Careers was rushed in as a feature to promote, but it is not 100% operational, hell its barely 75% operational.
I'm sure CCM will be 100% operational to me. I don't edit players or import classes. I'm not saying those features are not important, just not to me. I truly believe these features will return, and function properly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »