Home

A few questions about the new franchise mode from someone who's been under a rock

This is a discussion on A few questions about the new franchise mode from someone who's been under a rock within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #65
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: A few questions about the new franchise mode from someone who's been under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
On CC, your playing as a coach or player. Even the Madden lead developer stated himself its more like an RPG. If you know what an RPG is then you should know what Final Fantasy is. XP? Seriously? Why not just go kill some monsters and collect some xp while I'm at it. Most people that have been around are looking for a franchise as in years and years with coaches retiring and being fired, not trying to get as much xp to make himself better. I never thought I'd see the day madden would be turned into a RPG.
lol...I don't know yet where I fall on the XP system in Madden 13, but c'mon man. If you don't like how the system sounds, I can get that (a couple guys have articulated their reasons very well here IMO), but there have been RPG elements in sports games for years.

XP is also used to level up in Career Modes in various sports games (sometimes it's called XP and sometimes it's called something like training points, skill points, etc. Hell, even rating systems have RPG roots). It's simply a progression model, nothing more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2012, 12:14 AM   #66
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: A few questions about the new franchise mode from someone who's been under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
wow that explains cc exactly.
A lot of people don't know about the developer blogs that explain what CC is. Even if they did, the offline portion isn't really explained in any detail. There is more information in the blog about online than offline. Add to that, most of us (the ones whining and complaining) have never played or heard of head coach, and you have a slew of misinformation, and confusion on the part of the consumer. People on here keep saying how the average Madden purchaser won't even notice the missing features because they just pop the game in and play, imagine the confusion those same people are going to have trying to re-learn how to play Madden again. If you think the people who are complaining or ill informed are the problem I ask you to look at the dev blogs and ask yourself if they couldn't be more concise and laymen in their description of CC offline and online, as it stands, offline is briefly touched on in the two blogs I've read, and they jump right on the online dynasty portion so it's no wonder there is such comparisons to Final Fantasy, or Pokemon.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:16 AM   #67
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

We're done here since this has turned into the same argument found in other threads.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »