Home

Not just O line D line interaction but All Blocking engagments

This is a discussion on Not just O line D line interaction but All Blocking engagments within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
Banned

General Butt Naked's Arena

OVR: 3
Not just O line D line interaction but All Blocking engagments

I wish people would stop asking for just o line d line interaction improvements. The issue is with all blocking engagements. Would you be satisfied with an improved o line d line interaction but then when your are in the open field players still stick together? We need to change our vocabulary. Blocking engagements instead of o line d line interaction. if this is to be the focus of 14 then I think it should be a revamping of the whole blocking system. Then we would have the 2 most important things in football, blocking and tackling. I hope you wont be dissapointed when we have a revamped o line d line interaction, but when it comes to all other engagments there will be no other changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Not just O line D line interaction but All Blocking engagments

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Butt Naked
I wish people would stop asking for just o line d line interaction improvements. The issue is with all blocking engagements. Would you be satisfied with an improved o line d line interaction but then when your are in the open field players still stick together? We need to change our vocabulary. Blocking engagements instead of o line d line interaction. if this is to be the focus of 14 then I think it should be a revamping of the whole blocking system. Then we would have the 2 most important things in football, blocking and tackling. I hope you wont be dissapointed when we have a revamped o line d line interaction, but when it comes to all other engagments there will be no other changes.
When you say blocking engagements need to be fixed, I think about only the blocking interaction itself. Pause this vid at 4:32. I see 3 Bears getting blocking to the outside, but they blockers just release them instantly.

I want that to be fixed as well, but that only scratches the surface. OL/DL interaction is including double team pass blocking, untethering defensive players to an offensive blocker so offensive players don't "know" a player is blitzing, adding 1/4 and 1/2 shifts, getting the dlineman to attack gaps instead their assigned counterpart, improving twist and stunt options, getting engaged players to move with the play and a few other things.

Simply put, I don't think Madden can improve the OL/DL interaction to the level I am asking without addressing basic blocking engagements.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
Rookie

edjames01's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Not just O line D line interaction but All Blocking engagments

There should also be penalties for illegal chop blocks and defensive players getting knocked down when they are not ready for a hit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »