Home

Madden 13 Community Day Impressions by Sim and Smitty of TSS

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Community Day Impressions by Sim and Smitty of TSS within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #73
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 13 Community Day Impressions by Sim and Smitty of TSS

they are gamechangers after all so i'm not shocked they invited those guys up there. i already have it set in stone that i'll be picking this up. i'm no fan of the season ticket thing they have now but i'll get it on release day no doubt about that.

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 06-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Has there been any official word from EA or a developer on this , or is this just a general impression?
It is more a general "guess". Looking at the track record they take elements from the FIFA and NHL franchises after they get them implemented. NHL is implementing that weight, momentum, and foot planting system this year, so most are hoping it will make it into Madden 14, latest 15.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #75
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
It is more a general "guess". Looking at the track record they take elements from the FIFA and NHL franchises after they get them implemented. NHL is implementing that weight, momentum, and foot planting system this year, so most are hoping it will make it into Madden 14, latest 15.
Exactly, it's an educated guess based on what the guys at community day said they talked to the developers about and what the developers have told them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #76
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
Icon14 Re: Madden 13 Community Day Impressions by Sim and Smitty of TSS

Sim Standard has always represented the Sim community. They were always about getting a good football game no matter where it comes from, I have the same goals as well. Madden is improving because of the voices from forums all around. The infinity engine is a great step in the right Direction for madden. And the Sim standard help out with vids, comments etc. They got the attention of EA and that is a good thing.
MLB:PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
NCAAFB:PENN ST (Jerry's Gone PSU Moves on)
NCAABB:KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Old 06-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #77
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Thanks, Phobia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Exactly, it's an educated guess based on what the guys at community day said they talked to the developers about and what the developers have told them.
Aight, that's what I thought. I've seen that assertion posted a few times. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss an announcement or anything.

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #78
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Thanks, Phobia.

Aight, that's what I thought. I've seen that assertion posted a few times. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss an announcement or anything.

Thanks for the clarification.
LOL no if that somehow got announced someone at EA would be looking for a new job.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36

More than just physics, I think logic has to be put in the game for the AI to say, "I'm out of position here, I need to do something/anything to prevent an even bigger play." Without the logic, even with physics in place, the AI is not programmed to interfere. They make plays when they can, but they don't have logic that says hit the receiver early or anything like that.
Do you play fifa? The "steal" button is also used as a jostle mechanic. When you are behind the man with the ball, you can pull on his shirt and slow him down with the B button. If you press B too many times (this also depends on the referees) you get called for penalty. It's this sort of logic that I think can be implemented into madden as well. Has this ever been brought up to the devs?

Last edited by johnnyg713; 06-28-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #80
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
It's a little disturbing to read "the game has gotten better since e3." What? Shouldn't that go without saying? It had better improve.

Just a month removed from the hyperbolic statements from game changers and CD attendees pre-RTP anouncement, TSS dudes say: you need to rent and find out for youself. Yep. Its more Madden. And not better enough to get a couple of the more critical guys to say: you should buy this year's Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »