Home

The community wants better sideline models in Madden vote for it here

This is a discussion on The community wants better sideline models in Madden vote for it here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #25
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: The community wants better sideline models in Madden vote for it here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I think perhaps you're overblowing my argument, but whatever.

If so, I apologize. I didn't think I was. I merely supported why I disagree with some of what you said. No biggie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #26
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
How many other games model 22 full poly characters with complicated AI plus the stadium architecture?

It's obviously a drain on both systems. From what I understand, they push it as far as it can go. To take resources from anything that's happening on the field, whether it's AI routines or lighting or polys, and put it towards something in the periphery, is not worth it.

It's like the Mortal Kombat Vita game. They have the fully-animated backgrounds of the console version, but the models stink because of it. That's not a worthy trade off.
Open world games seem to handle large scale rendering and large crowds with individual AI just fine...it's the tools the individual devs use that limit their ability along with hardware constraints, but others squeeze enough out of current gen systems to give us games like GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim....
Old 06-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #27
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
If so, I apologize. I didn't think I was. I merely supported why I disagree with some of what you said. No biggie.
It's cool. No worries.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #28
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Open world games seem to handle large scale rendering and large crowds with individual AI just fine...it's the tools the individual devs use that limit their ability along with hardware constraints, but others squeeze enough out of current gen systems to give us games like GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim....
The only thing I can think of is that since those games stream the world in chunks, they aren't rendering as much at one time.

Also, none of them render at 60 fps. Many try for 30 but wind up in the high 20s.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 25
We won't see a real difference in sideline models until next gen sadly. I can almost guarantee that. If they do it now it will be at the expense if pulling MAJOR components of the game out.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #30
Pro

VinnyVegas28's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Ok fair enough, now let's analyze those features. Edit players, import draft classes, and fantasy draft were the features left out. One of them didn't even work right(import draft classes) edit players is something I will miss no doubt and fantasy draft isn't realistic and I never really used it, but I know a lot of people did. As long as those features are brought back and improved upon next year and not marketed as new or improved then I won't have a major problem with it, as long as Connected Careers lives up to its billing.

If it doesn't then it doesn't and I will agree with you more, but I'm not giving further praise or criticism towards it until I have some hands on time with it.
I agree that the sideline should replicate the real NFL since EA has claimed before that "what you see on sundays" should be in the game. I want to see my Head Coach and teammates accurately displayed during the play, not a cut scene. At least the cutscene looks good for most part. However, they have left out other features as well that the die hard gamers have used for years. I have played this game every year for the last 20 years and I am strictly offline franchise player. Not being able to play co-op anymore offline in "CC" is something that I will truly miss going back to high school days. One thing that made this game so popular was that there were features that appealed to everyone for the most part. Many of those features are gone, with that being said, if the gameplay is on point, I will sacrafice one year without certain features as long as there is an attempt to add it in the right way next year. And I appreciate the new features that they have put in but this kind of a change regarding "CC" is very bold and just might backfire. Probably won't though because offline franchise gamers are a minority now. I simply ask EA to remember who it was that brought Madden success from the early years.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
We won't see a real difference in sideline models until next gen sadly. I can almost guarantee that. If they do it now it will be at the expense if pulling MAJOR components of the game out.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
When you mean MAJOR do you mean gameplay wise or game modes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #32
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
When you mean MAJOR do you mean gameplay wise or game modes?
Considering the sideline characters only appear during gameplay, I'd say he means gameplay wise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »