Home

The community wants better sideline models in Madden vote for it here

This is a discussion on The community wants better sideline models in Madden vote for it here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #33
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: The community wants better sideline models in Madden vote for it here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
JP, the reality of the situation is that improving the sideline models will take away from something else. They'd have to reduce the on-field graphics in order to render the sideline stuff at a higher poly count.
This is so true. People need to go back and look at EA football graphics when they first released on the PS3 and 360 and see how far they have come. They are quite a bit better as they have learned to squeeze more power out of the systems. Just remember how EA couldn't add the numbers to the side of the Bama helmets because they couldn't display them during gameplay without hurting the 60 fps. PS3 games were initially released at 30 fps. They are right at the edge of what is possible now. Adding fully interactive sidelines just isn't possible this gen without scaling back the player models. Yes APF 2K8 had it but the player models weren't nearly as detailed and they could allocate resources elsewhere. This isn't an example of where you can have the cake and eat it too.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #34
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

While it is needed I hope EA focuses on the gameplay realism and basic football stuff first inclusing getting deeper and deeper franchise stuff. (Unless of course they have 2 different groups working on different areas of the game)

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #35
Rookie

OPDriver's Arena

OVR: 2

I'll be honest this is way down the list of things that I believe need fixing. Yeah it would add more realism. However, there are a lot more things that could be done to improve the gameday atmosphere IMO.

2014 OSFC CHAMPION
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2012, 11:26 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
When you mean MAJOR do you mean gameplay wise or game modes?
Probably something like modes or reducing playbooks, commentary, Free agent pools. Playbooks and audio/commentary take up a huge amount of real estate right now. If they went to sub HD textures they could also do it but who would want that really?!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-27-2012, 11:37 PM   #37
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Probably something like modes or reducing playbooks, commentary, Free agent pools. Playbooks and audio/commentary take up a huge amount of real estate right now. If they went to sub HD textures they could also do it but who would want that really?!!

I disagree. Madden does not use that much space on the disk. There wouldn't be any new textures needed, so adding better sideline models wouldn't really make that much of a difference. Where it does make a difference is on the field, and in loading everything into RAM.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I disagree. Madden does not use that much space on the disk. There wouldn't be any new textures needed, so adding better sideline models wouldn't really make that much of a difference. Where it does make a difference is on the field, and in loading everything into RAM.
You are incorrect. Madden pretty much uses the entire disk on a 360 which unfortunately lower disk spaced system. Things are already compressed heavily to fit on there as it is. That's why you start to lose textures and animation accuracy. That's a general programming fact throughout the industry at this point. Once again textures, playbooks, and audio/commentary take up a huge amount of space.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:52 PM   #39
Rookie

themassacre771.1's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
You are incorrect. Madden pretty much uses the entire disk on a 360 which unfortunately lower disk spaced system. Things are already compressed heavily to fit on there as it is. That's why you start to lose textures and animation accuracy. That's a general programming fact throughout the industry at this point. Once again textures, playbooks, and audio/commentary take up a huge amount of space.

So could the PS2 and Xbox hold more memory because those games had way more substance. Or is graphical upgrades taking all the space? Not trolling (Shame I have to write that)
Old 06-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #40
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

I install all of my 360 games. Madden 12 installed took up less than 4 GB, if I recall correctly. A DVD on the xbox 360 holds nearly 8 GB. So no, I would say they are not pushing disc space as hard as they can, but that's not really the issue at hand.

Again, since the sideline models wouldn't use different textures than what was already there, the disc space is not the issue. The issue would be when loading an instance of the game into RAM, the sudden rise in texture memory would reduce quality everywhere else. But that would only happen in-game.

For example, you load up Chiefs-Broncos. As it stands now, the disc has the textures for the players and uniforms from both teams, as well as reduced textures for the sideline models. If the sideline models used the same textures, it would actually reduce the amount of space they use on the disc. However, upon loading the actual Chiefs-Broncos game on the field, the texture RAM (of which they have way less than 512 MB to work with), would suddenly use at least double the space.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »